Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Ryan was a great example of a player who improved/developed over his college days. By the end he was a heck of a defenseman and could hold his own when handling the puck out of the zone. His physical presence is well known and I remember at the time there was some talk that the only reason he did not get 1st team AA honors that year was his prior reputation. What ever way you want to cut it, when you finish the year as one of the top 4 defenseman nationally, that puts you in the mix for one of the best ever in a conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      Larry makes many valid points, especially the penalty minutes that Petrecki received without a suspension. Obvious from Larry's article that the league office is controlled by the Boston coaches. Bertagna did not review the game recording until urged to do so by another coach. Great way to manage a league and then selectively enforce additional sanctions on equally severe penalties. I am mailing my letter to the league office today after many revisions.
      Didn't see this particular Diamond incident, but your assertion that the league office is controlled by the "Boston coaches" is laughable. This happened during a BU-Maine series--try focusing on that rather than lumping in "Boston coaches" together. As for Petrecki, suspensions aren't handed out solely due to the number of PIMs. Now, if Petrecki was suspended for his headbutt in a game against Maine--you wouldn't have gotten a complaint from me. Let me ask you something, which coach do you think urged him to look at the tape?

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
      Nathan Gerbe and Patrick Eaves would disagree with this.
      Exactly.

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
      Sounds like Bertagna does whatever the Boston area coaches want him to do........I have a hard time believing that if Diamond played for BU or BC that he would be getting hassled like this.
      See above.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        One 2nd team AA selection... and one 2nd team All HE selection all in the same year.

One of the best ever in HE? Probably not unless you go way down the list of good players at the position. Depends on how you define best. I'd put him low on the list of HE Dmen that got AA honors, though. He had 1 good year when he stopped being a knucklehead and it was refreshing to see him play well when he wasn't trying to get a tryout for the WWE. Similar to Petrecki (in reverse order), which is baffling to see kids like that waste their talent rather than just playing the game and putting it to use. I see he got 1 game (and 2 PIMs) in Vancouver a few years ago before heading to Europe. Good for him, he can always say he made the show and got on the scoresheet in his own special way to prove it!
        Ya, skilled player, but let's pump the brakes on one of the best ever in Hockey East.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          What an idiot you are
          Well, you have the rest of your life to debate past players who could play in Orono. Ryan was a punk. He was Nick Petrecki with less talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
            Well, you have the rest of your life to debate past players who could play in Orono. Ryan was a punk. He was Nick Petrecki with less talent.
            Geezus you are stupid..quit hanging around plus minus nicky...he's dumber than a bag of hammers.
            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
              Petrecki and talent is the same sentence? WOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                Petrecki and talent is the same sentence? WOW!
                He can skate and has some puck skills--was just too busy doing other things to show it.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  ...........This happened during a BU-Maine series--try focusing on that rather than lumping in "Boston coaches" together. As for Petrecki, suspensions aren't handed out solely due to the number of PIMs. Now, if Petrecki was suspended for his headbutt in a game against Maine--you wouldn't have gotten a complaint from me. Let me ask you something, which coach do you think urged him to look at the tape?
                  I was probably too, hasty in my assertion of implying Boston coaches. I apologize if I offended you. However, it's quite clear that someone in Boston (Massachusetts), initiated the complaint and wanted Diamond suspended. The commissioner did not request the video recording from Maine until late Thursday morning. The commissioner had no intention of looking at the tape until someone insisted that he view it. I'll leave the speculation up to you as to who the complainant may have been.

The commissioner's role is to be objective, fair and have high ethics. I believe he is responsible for representing all teams in the league. Singling out Diamond while ignoring all of the other issues in that game is not fair and smacks of "good old boy networking" IMHO.
                  Last edited by Runsub5; 02-09-2011, 03:24 PM. Reason: forgot quote.

Comment

Ryan was an overrated thug. You potato pickers are just too obtuse to see that.
                    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                      Another BC fan heard from
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Their obsession continues...lol....but its cute. Nice having a little mutt dog to slap around at will.

All thats missing now is the train station attendant.
                        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                          He was never over-rated as a hockey player in my opinion. However, he often played the game with too, much anger. I can recall seeing his face (seats near the glass), and there would be rage etched into face and eyes. There were times when he was totally out of control and was actually a little frightening.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                            I'm sorry, but if you can't appreciate what Prestin Ryan could do with the puck, you know absolutely nothing about hockey.
                            An opposing coach once called Prestin "a one man penalty kill" that about says it all for me.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                              I was probably too, hasty in my assertion of implying Boston coaches. I apologize if I offended you. However, it's quite clear that someone in Boston (Massachusetts), initiated the complaint and wanted Diamond suspended.
                              Come on, you can do it...

Just say it. Who do you think it was? We both know who.

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                              Their obsession continues
                              Wait, I thought we were obsessed with BU?

Comment

Even better....he's a Brown fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X