Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    I agree, Prestin did the same thing and he figured it out afterawhile, I think Joey will also. One thing I will say, everyone else on the team is so passive its nice to see someone who is willing to go toe to toe and I think Maine fans like that in a way( I know I do) but he has to pick better spots to go after someone and that trip wasn't smart at all with or without the suspension
    Was that trip embellised a bit by Milan? I cant remember. Maybe with pads on, a goalie goes down quicker.
    I like Diamonds feistynish and wouldnt change much on his play. He draws a lot of penaltys out front of the net because hes tough to move with a low center of gravity. Hes just gotta continue to play tough out front....but when ur getting crosschecked, hes gotta defend himself.

Prestin....he wuz God man.
    Last edited by acs64; 02-09-2011, 09:40 AM.
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      Larry makes many valid points, especially the penalty minutes that Petrecki received without a suspension. Obvious from Larry's article that the league office is controlled by the Boston coaches. Bertagna did not review the game recording until urged to do so by another coach. Great way to manage a league and then selectively enforce additional sanctions on equally severe penalties. I am mailing my letter to the league office today after many revisions.
      What credibility Bertagna had was lost with this entire episode. Commissioners got to be impartial....its now clear Bert isnt at all.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
        What credibility Bertagna had was lost with this entire episode. Commissioners got to be impartial....its now clear Bert isnt at all.
        my take on the whole episode... if you think it is worth suspending, fine, but it is absolutely ridiculous that the decision was made on Thursday. There is no reason given todays technology that this could not have been addressed earlier in the week... instead, maine goes through a week of practice expecting him to be in the line-up only to have to retool at the last minute.

in the end, it may have been a moot point as he was injured for saturday's game and did not play... does anyone know when he was and what he injured?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          He sure did, I noticed that at the time as well... and gscott likes to point it out every 3 weeks or so on this board.
          i like to point out that after a couple years of listening to how you thought he was akin to hannibal lecter and how it was only a matter of time before he sat down and ate peaves liver with some fava beens and a nice chianti at center ice, it was nice witnessing your realization that he was an incredibly talented d-man that was essentially a one-man breakout regardless of the number of guys draped on him... and the absurd +/- he had his senior year...

Comment

Was that trip embellised a bit by Milan? I cant remember. Maybe with pads on, a goalie goes down quicker.
            I like Diamonds feistynish and wouldnt change much on his play. He draws a lot of penaltys out front of the net because hes tough to move with a low center of gravity. Hes just gotta continue to play tough out front....but when ur getting crosschecked, hes gotta defend himself.

Prestin....he wuz God man.
            He plays for BU, I'm sure it was embelished a bit, and i wouldn't be surprised if he, out of habit, kicked the goal off of its pegs on the way down...

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post

in the end, it may have been a moot point as he was injured for saturday's game and did not play... does anyone know when he was and what he injured?
              He's been hurt for awhile, not sure what happened last weekend but his skating is way off and has been for awhile
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                He plays for BU, I'm sure it was embelished a bit, and i wouldn't be surprised if he, out of habit, kicked the goal off of its pegs on the way down...
                He coulda taken the goal off the peg with his right leg and suckerpunched two people on the way down.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                  i like to point out that after a couple years of listening to how you thought he was akin to hannibal lecter and how it was only a matter of time before he sat down and ate peaves liver with some fava beens and a nice chianti at center ice, it was nice witnessing your realization that he was an incredibly talented d-man that was essentially a one-man breakout regardless of the number of guys draped on him... and the absurd +/- he had his senior year...
                  Reminds me of a BC game at Alfond (game 2 of a weekend sweep by Maine) when Peaves saw Ryan fumbling the puck a little behind his own net to gain control. Peaves took off at full speed hoping to absolutley crush Ryan into the boards before he got his head up. A Maine player between Peaves and Hannibal just got a small enough piece of Peaves so that Peaves crashed almost upside down against the boards while missing Ryan entirely. Absolutely lovely.

Yeah, Prestin wuz one of the best ever to play in HE. Those who dont know the game and what a defensemen is supposed to contribute to the game, dont know hockey. Chit, those type probably dont know how the +/- works either, eh Mavvy?

Comment

It was so much fun to watch him break the puck out, he would lower his center of gravity and just start to fly out of the zone. It was uncanny, he could go around or he'd go thru, it didn't matter the puck went where he went.

Comment

Yeah, Prestin wuz one of the best ever to play in HE.
                      Stupid comment . Ryan was the Matt Cooke of Hockey East.
                      Last edited by Slasher7; 02-09-2011, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                        Stupid comment . Ryan was the Matt Cooke of Hockey East.
                        I'm sorry, but if you can't appreciate what Prestin Ryan could do with the puck, you know absolutely nothing about hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                          I'm sorry, but if you can't appreciate what Prestin Ryan could do with the puck, you know absolutely nothing about hockey.
                          Please. Preston Ryan is the last person I think of when I think of former players who could stick handle. The guy was a piece of garbage.

The sad thing about Maine hockey is you guys will be having a lot of those "remember back in the day" conversations from now on since there ain't much to look ahead to.

Comment

Please. Preston Ryan is the last person I think of when I think of former players who could stick handle. The guy was a piece of garbage.
                            Hilarious.

Comment

Please. Preston Ryan is the last person I think of when I think of former players who could stick handle. The guy was a piece of garbage. to.
                              What an idiot you are

Comment

Whatever you say Larry. I'll leave the +/- and other things you're an expert on (animal husbandry?) to you. That's probably best.

One 2nd team AA selection... and one 2nd team All HE selection all in the same year.

One of the best ever in HE? Probably not unless you go way down the list of good players at the position. Depends on how you define best. I'd put him low on the list of HE Dmen that got AA honors, though. He had 1 good year when he stopped being a knucklehead and it was refreshing to see him play well when he wasn't trying to get a tryout for the WWE. Similar to Petrecki (in reverse order), which is baffling to see kids like that waste their talent rather than just playing the game and putting it to use. I see he got 1 game (and 2 PIMs) in Vancouver a few years ago before heading to Europe. Good for him, he can always say he made the show and got on the scoresheet in his own special way to prove it!
                                Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 02-09-2011, 02:03 PM.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X