Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears, 2010-2011, Redemption or FORE, I say......

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
    It Definitely was NOT the coaching!!!!
    Sandie, is that you? You have finally "seen the light".

Comment

[QUOTE=walrus;5022202]

Abbot is quoted in the paper, we outplayed them, UNH scored 5 goals and Maine 4, tell me how Maine out played them?. .......
      [Quote]

When you look at play on the ice Abbott's right. Maine clearly outplayed UNH on Saturday night. Perhaps not on Friday night. The result doesn't show that in Saturday's game because Maine had inferior goal tending.

Comment

This thread is like groundhogs day.....rehash same stuff over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Why should I care...in two weeks I'm heading down south for my annual pina coladas. Everything else right now is just a distraction .

To summarize, in a summary fashion as we wud say, Timbo's a middle of the pack coach.. he does just fine there. Problem is, as fans we dont wanna be a middle of the pack team.....option only then is to fire his azz, eh?
        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
          Not so much you, but there are people on this thread who want to throw all the blame on Whitehead. That's not fair and not even true.
          Who does the buck stop with? He is in charge of the program, he signs off on the recruits, he runs the practices, he picks the asst coaches. He says who plays and who doesn't. Obviously it isn't his fault Gus misses a wide open net, its not his fault Dee trips and fall and turns the puck over so UNH gets a shot on goal, its not his fault Sirman lets in the weakest freakin bad angle goal I've seen in 25 years of watching college hockey. In the end its Timmay team.

You Think Bishop or Howard came to UMAine because of Tim? Try again and the guy has 5 Rings for a clue
          Last edited by walrus; 02-07-2011, 12:18 PM.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

[QUOTE=Runsub5;5022240][QUOTE=walrus;5022202]

Abbot is quoted in the paper, we outplayed them, UNH scored 5 goals and Maine 4, tell me how Maine out played them?. .......

When you look at play on the ice Abbott's right. Maine clearly outplayed UNH on Saturday night. Perhaps not on Friday night. The result doesn't show that in Saturday's game because Maine had inferior goal tending.
            So the goalie isn't part of the team?
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

[QUOTE=walrus;5022246][QUOTE=Runsub5;5022240]
              Originally posted by walrus View Post

So the goalie isn't part of the team?
              Of course the goal tender is part of the team. You're being foolish, you know what he meant and he's absolutely right. Anyone watching this game objectively would see that.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Who does the buck stop with? He is in charge of the program, he signs off on the recruits, he runs the practices, he picks the asst coaches. He says who plays and who doesn't. Obviously it isn't his fault Gus misses a wide open net, its not his fault Dee trips and fall and turns the puck over so UNH gets a shot on goal, its not his fault Sirman lets in the weakest freakin bad angle goal I've seen in 25 years of watching college hockey. In the end its Timmay team.

You Think Bishop or Howard came to UMAine because of Tim? Try again and the guy has 5 Rings for a clue
                I have no idea why Bishop came. It seems to me that you want to blame him 100% for Maine's problems and, sure, if Blais had come instead of going to UNO, you may have a point but you'll never know. There are worst coaches/recruiters than Whitehead.

Comment

Not so much you, but there are people on this thread who want to throw all the blame on Whitehead. That's not fair and not even true.
                  D*mn right.......Whitehead has NOTHING to do with this!!!!!

Comment

I honestly don't know if, say, Jimmy Howard was a Walsh or Whitehead recruit, etc, you guys know that much better than me. I do know that you guys have been able to get guys like Nyquist, House, O'Neill, Bishop, and others to come up there. They aren't the top flight names Maine has had in the past, but to me, it seems like Whitehead is doing a good job with what he has. I think the local competition is much better now and that is Maine's biggest culprit.
                    Whitehead is an AWESOME coach!!!! I can't believe how anyone can blame anything on him........

Comment

I have no idea why Bishop came. It seems to me that you want to blame him 100% for Maine's problems and, sure, if Blais had come instead of going to UNO, you may have a point but you'll never know. There are worst coaches/recruiters than Whitehead.
                      Definitely!!! There are at least 5 or 10 coaches across the country that are worse than Whitehead!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                        Definitely!!! There are at least 5 or 10 coaches across the country that are worse than Whitehead!!!!
                        So who would you hire to replace him then?

Comment

Has anyone reached out to the Lake Superior State fans for advice on how to deal with the inevitable fall from a once proud program back into irrelevance? Perhaps with some dialogue with them, we can create a 12-step program to help you guys cope with the hardship that you're enduring at this time.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Easy question. Mike Babcock, Lindy Ruff, Claude Julien, or Mike Millbury (just for laughs).
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Whad I say?......

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                Has anyone reached out to the Lake Superior State fans for advice on how to deal with the inevitable fall from a once proud program back into irrelevance? Perhaps with some dialogue with them, we can create a 12-step program to help you guys cope with the hardship that you're enduring at this time.
                                You think that Orono is isolated???.....lol. First we'd have to lower UMaine's student population from 10,000 to 2,800......and reduce Alfond's seating capacity to 4,000.......and then add half a dozen large universities in the state that play D-1 hockey as well.........THEN we can talk.

Comment

Working...
                                X