Brown Bears 2010 - 2011: Coming of the Second Dawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown Bears 2010 - 2011: Coming of the Second Dawn

As a most sincere Patriot for Free Speech, I personally vow to continue to reopen threads for the open discussion of Brown Hockey so long as USCHO Access permits me to do so.

OnMAA, NewbieBear, and other fans of Brown Hockey should all have an opportunity to freely discuss the ongoings of their team no differently than we discuss the Badgers, the Gophers, or the Union Dutchwomen.

Not sure why the other thread was locked, whereas I so no specific post that would warrant such action (perhaps it was deleted?).

Brown has some games coming up on their schedule in which I would expect them to be highly competitive and I wish them the best of luck.

PS. Yes Hux, once again I am trying to save the world one whoopie pie at a time!
    Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Re: Brown Bears 2010 - 2011: Coming of the Second Dawn

Thanks for the new board. Another thought I had after posting on, and about, the previous thread is that promoting a discussion thread as a booster site may be like waving a red flag... "Asking for it", in other words. No one like censorship, overt or implied. It's an invitation for extreme responses from some.

Anyone who knows Brown students knows they are nothing if not critical in the best intellectual sense of that word, and so are Brown's alums (and presumably many of the parents). A place to be both appreciative and (constructively) critical is a GOOD thing, right?

Parents like NewbieBear are emotionally invested in their daughters' hockey experience, and that's only natural. Fans on USCHO, however, include many non-parents of Brown players; alums come here in fairly large numbers and also feel invested -- in the team and how it is doing.

Let the good times roll!

Comment

Does USCHO ever let people know the reason for locking a thread?

I just don't get it. Nothing that was said was even close to crossing the line. And there was literally a poll showing people didn't think the thread should be shut down.
      Last edited by hcky85; 02-03-2011, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Never mind... sweet move NewbieBear.

I couldn't help but find it to be a little sketchy that a parent of a freshmen would be willing to lock a thread filled with alumni, fans, parents and who ever else just because they weren't talking about the team the way you wanted them to. I swear you seem like Digit's little publicist just here to try to give her a god rap.

Or maybe you are just a parent. Either way, getting the thread locked was a pretty odd move.

Comment

Originally posted by hcky85 View Post
          .I couldn't help but find it to be a little sketchy that a parent of a freshmen would be willing to lock a thread filled with alumni, fans, parents and who ever else just because they weren't talking about the team the way you wanted them to.
          Why lock a thread, is this not an area where parents, alumni, fans, or who ever else is able to voice concerns, happiness, or just plain old discussion around a team???? In this case it is mostly concern for a team that use to be the top of womens hockey and an awful trend has begun to occur in the last half dozen years, so maybe it is possible that people want to discuss that. Why lock a thread on plain discussion? Brings a lot of questions to mind as to who is really behind some of these names.

Comment

TO hcky85:

I'm thinking YOU could be reason the thread was locked. Your miserable rants and attacks on other posters may have something to do with it. Then you start right off on this thread doing the same tired act. I will give you some credit though. You are smart enough to realize that if you started your own thread (call it "Former Brown players who quit because Digit wouldn't play me" or "My daughter can't play for Digit so I'm an A**hole) the only other poster's who would even look at it would be Irishbridie and Bosco. The 3 of you could wallow in your own misery but for only so long and that wouldn't be any fun. So you just keep attacking other posters who want to have a civil discussion about Brown hockey without some tired old malcontent cluttering up the thread.
            Or maybe it's some other reason, I'm not sure.
            Last edited by UCONN FAN; 02-03-2011, 02:28 PM. Reason: No reason
            Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

Originally posted by UCONN FAN View Post
              TO hcky85:

I'm thinking YOU could be reason the thread was locked. Your miserable rants and attacks on other posters may have something to do with it. Then you start right off on this thread doing the same tired act. I will give you some credit though. You are smart enough to realize that if you started your own thread (call it "Former Brown players who quit because Digit wouldn't play me" or "My daughter can't play for Digit so I'm an A**hole) the only other poster's who would even look at it would be Irishbridie and Bosco. The 3 of you could wallow in your own misery but for only so long and that wouldn't be any fun. So you just keep attacking other posters who want to have a civil discussion about Brown hockey without some tired old malcontent cluttering up the thread.
              Or maybe it some other reason, I'm not sure.
              I'm going to have to say the strong majority of my posts are all hockey related so relax on that.

But you're smart enough too. You should realize my main concern, and many others, is the state of the program. I couldn't care less about Digit, what she's doing, where she goes next. I even wish that she'd win the lottery just so she doesn't need to work ever again and will finally leave a program that she's put six feet underground. That way she'd stop ruining hockey for anyone who decides to go to Brown.

So again, it's nothing personal here. Digit is just the worst coach in the world right now.
              Last edited by hcky85; 02-03-2011, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Let me explain something to bosco and hcky85 about internet discussion boards. The software is set up so a person can start a thread to discuss an issue s/he wants to discuss. The software is also set up so that the person who starts a thread can delete the entire thread from the forum by deleting the first post to the thread. This is intentional so that they can moderate their own discussion in a crude fashion. Newbiebear was nice enough not to nuke the entire thread that had gone way beyond his intent by getting a forum moderator to lock the thread. You both can look back fondly on the venom you spew there for eternity. But if you decide to complain about somebody locking up their own thread, remember that it was Newbiebear's thread and you should like UCONN FAN suggested start your own thread where you control its destiny and flame whichever coach you want. I think you all could do a good job of egging each other on until you are bored and go away. But stay the heck out of other people's discussions that clearly call for a certain type of discussion, especially when reminded that you are off topic.

Comment

Originally posted by UCONN FAN View Post
                  TO hcky85:

Or maybe it's some other reason, I'm not sure.

Comment

Well... *clears throat*... Anyway. Any encouraging news about recruits for next year? What sort of players do we need most, in your opinion, and for which positions?

Comment

Wow - hadn't checked the results on the girls side in a while. 2-18-3....shout out in nine of their last thirteen games......outscored 18-0 over a two game set with Mercyhurst. Glad to hear that girls are working hard have good attitudes, but moral victories wear thin over a long season. It's not a lot of fun walking around campus when your losing like this.......

Comment

Originally posted by Brunofan View Post
                        ... moral victories wear thin over a long season. It's not a lot of fun walking around campus when your losing like this.......
                        This is all too true. My heart goes out to the team.

Does anyone have any indication at all that the athletic director cares about this situation and/or has a plan to address it? I know better than to hope that the present administration in UH cares one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthBruno View Post
                          This is all too true. My heart goes out to the team.

Does anyone have any indication at all that the athletic director cares about this situation and/or has a plan to address it? I know better than to hope that the present administration in UH cares one bit.
                          Apparently they only gave Digit a one year contract and are "putting pressure on her". But besides hearing those two things, I'm not sure how serious they are about actually changing things around there.

Personally, I'm puzzled. I just watched them go up to RPI, play great, go into the 3rd period up 2-0 and then watch Digit not make a single adjustment. How do you not play a trap or keep a third man high when your leading 2-0 in the 3rd looking for your second win of the season? They had three forwards down low or all on one side in the offensive zone and each time a player carried the puck in on a 1 on 3 they'd try to force the puck to the net and cough it up instead of just keeping possession.

The team looked really good this weekend. But where's the direction? The Coaches are doing jack, they should have swept RPI this season.
                          Last edited by hcky85; 02-05-2011, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hcky85 View Post
                            Personally, I'm puzzled. I just watched them go up to RPI, play great, go into the 3rd period up 2-0 and then watch Digit not make a single adjustment. How do you not play a trap or keep a third man high when your leading 2-0 in the 3rd looking for your second win of the season? They had three forwards down low or all on one side in the offensive zone and each time a player carried the puck in on a 1 on 3 they'd try to force the puck to the net and cough it up instead of just keeping possession.

The team looked really good this weekend. But where's the direction? The Coaches are doing jack, they should have swept RPI this season.
                            Agreed was going to ask if anyone saw what happened at RPI, by the look of the box score the last ten minutes the wheels just seemed to fall off. I am not going to mention todays results, but disappointing to see how dominate they looked the first two periods and to hear that they didn't have a plan to protect that lead, was excited following the game. As much as Hcky85 is getting ripped by notfromaroundhere, it sounds like hcky85 cares about this program and has a good perspective of whats going on from a team standpoint.

Comment

Was at last night's game at RPI and talked to some of the players. The one's that are not playing don't know why they are not playing. I have to wonder why that is. Not bashing, just wondering.

Comment

Working...
                              X