>>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

The 'Nucks IceMan blog has a nice long post on Tanev.

With Sami Salo coming back Tanev will likely get sent down to Manitoba later this week. According to the IceMan, "Trust me, come play-off time, Tanev will find himself up with the big club again."
    John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
    AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
    AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
    NCAA DII - 1983
    NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
      It may be just me, but that and a dollar gets you a cup of coffee. Now if we were 19th in PWR and/or RPI, that's a different story.
      Where are you finding a cup of coffee for just a buck?

I know that in the grand scheme of things, rankings don't necessarily mean anything. But it looks and sounds good to be able to say we're nationally ranked. Helps build and maintain interest, gives us some bragging rights, ect.
      RIT

Comment

The BCHL website has a video interview with Tiger Recruit Brad MacGowan, who is currently #2 in scoring in the BCHL with a line of 32g-50a-82pts in 53 games.

Also, another recruit Matt Garbowsky of the Powell River Kings leads the BCHL in goals scored with a line of 40g-30a-70pts in 51 games. He's 8th in points and was just named BCHL player of the week with 5g-5a over 3 games last week.
        John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
        AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
        AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
        NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
        NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
        NCAA DII - 1983
        NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

So, if I read Lerch's blog post correctly, next year is the Tigers' fiftieth anniversary season! Who should we e-mail to see about RIT making that anniversary part of the push for the new arena?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
            Where are you finding a cup of coffee for just a buck?
            Bring your own mug to 7-11 and it's 99 cents.

Comment

I don't normally listen to this podcast unless (from DnC website) unless I see RIT in the summary. But in the most recent one we were so I gave it a listen. They discuss RIT about 3/4s of the way through. What was interest was Sal Maliora (sp?) was really pushing for more local media coverage and that its a great product. Nice to see some in the media push for more attention for the program

http://feeds.feedburner.com/SportsExchangePodcast
              RIT Tigers
              Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
              Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
              Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                It may be just me, but that and a dollar gets you a cup of coffee. Now if we were 19th in PWR and/or RPI, that's a different story.
                Of course being # 19 only means that you're in the top 1/3 (32.76% to be precise) of all the teams in D-I. Whooppee
                They really should keep the rankings down to 15 in college hockey. That's still a relatively high number compared to only 58 teams, but at least right around the cutoff for tournament qualification (assuming the AHA champ the only "unranked" team to get in). To say a team is "Top-20" in D-I means so much more in football (100+ teams) and that much more so in basketball (300+ teams). It indicates some level of excellence. "Top-20" in hockey just means you're good, and that's it. Big deal.
                Can't we all just get along?
                Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Question from an out of towner....I am going to be in Rochester on Friday night, will I be able to get a ticket to the game that evening? Figured since I won't see my own team play this weekend, I will watch someone else play!
                  Cindy

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                  Courage to change the things I can,
                  And wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Third Family Member View Post
                    Question from an out of towner....I am going to be in Rochester on Friday night, will I be able to get a ticket to the game that evening? Figured since I won't see my own team play this weekend, I will watch someone else play!
                    most likely not - games have been selling out early. Call the box office and purchase it now would be my suggestion
                    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                    Men's Frozen Four 2010
                    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Most games sell out the afternoon of. The Air Force games sold out over 24 hours ahead of time. As suggested, call the box office and do will-call.
                      RIT

Comment

From someone who has seen a game at The Ritter and at The Blue, get your ticket early. It is one of the best atmospheres for college hockey. Be prepared, the fans don't miss a thing...wear Orange.

Comment

Thanks guys, don't know if I can wear orange, since it would make me look like a pumpkin! Got a couple tickets to the game today on your advice. We played Canisius in late December, but it will be the first time I've seen you play. Looking forward to it!
                          Cindy

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                          Courage to change the things I can,
                          And wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Thanks guys, don't know if I can wear orange, since it would make me look like a pumpkin! Got a couple tickets to the game today on your advice. We played Canisius in late December, but it will be the first time I've seen you play. Looking forward to it!
                            I'd love to hear your opinion on the game and atmosphere afterwards. You should post your thoughts later.
                            RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                              The BCHL website has a video interview with Tiger Recruit Brad MacGowan, who is currently #2 in scoring in the BCHL with a line of 32g-50a-82pts in 53 games.

Also, another recruit Matt Garbowsky of the Powell River Kings leads the BCHL in goals scored with a line of 40g-30a-70pts in 51 games. He's 8th in points and was just named BCHL player of the week with 5g-5a over 3 games last week.
                              Great Find!
                              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                              The Mule
                              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                                Of course being # 19 only means that you're in the top 1/3 (32.76% to be precise) of all the teams in D-I.
                                My reasoning was that at 19 in those rankings, it would be easier to move into "at-large" consideration. RIT is now hanging on in the TUCs but there is little benefit for them to be there. Now I'm sure RPI, UNO, Merrimack, and Union would love RIT to stay in the good side of the TUC line.
                                Last edited by komey1; 02-08-2011, 06:25 PM. Reason: forgot Merrimack
                                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2010 Frozen Four participant
                                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Working...
                                X