@ Mercyhurst
    H RIT
    @ Air Force (2)

Air Force - See above + 2 @Mercyhurst
    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Thanks to Niagara, I really like where we are.

The games against RMU and Niagara are a blessing and a curse. One good win against Niagara really hurts their chances.

If we take just two points against Niagara, we need to collect two other to ensure Niagara doesn't pass us if they were to win the rest of their games. If we beat or tie RMU, we've ensured they won't pass us even if they win the rest - we'll be tied in points but we have the head to head record. If AF wins out, we need to collect four points for a points-tie; not sure what the tie break would be between us.

But obviously, those outcomes aren't independent. Here's to Niagara and RMU both splitting their series with AF. That would put AF out of the running; one more RIT win and RMU is out of the running; if that win is against Niagara, then the Purps are out.
      "Make-up call, thank you!"

Comment

RIT needs to win 3 games to clinch sole possession of the AHA title. Sweep Canisius and take the RoMo game and it's all over. It's that simple. Doesn't matter what the rest of the AHA does, RIT just needs 3 Ws.

Comment

Originally posted by sammich824 View Post
          RIT needs to win 3 games to clinch sole possession of the AHA title. Sweep Canisius and take the RoMo game and it's all over. It's that simple. Doesn't matter what the rest of the AHA does, RIT just needs 3 Ws.
          A win or two over Niagara would certainly feel good going into the playoffs. So far our only chance against them wasn't exactly very confidence-inspiring. I know we have a good team, but we're 1-1-1 against AF and 0-1 against Niagara. The only contender we've really handled is RMU, and those were very close games.

If we play any playoff games on Saturday's, we might be in trouble! ........
          Last edited by RIT Winters; 02-06-2011, 09:28 PM.
          RIT

Comment

If only it was Shayne Ferrier who fall to the ice, at least he can skate. That was one of the worst hose jobs I've seen in RIT's time in D-I. There was so many examples, and this was not even the best of the night, but it was captured on YouTube...

Please count the cross checks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mijsl994pzY

I know its Jacques Lamoureux but that is 8!!!!!! 2 handed Cross Checks!!!! I have been on the Tigers this year for taking bad penalties but do not blame Adam Mitchell for retaliating. This is a great example of how clueless AHA offcials are and this needs to stop. This kind of things is why we have had incidents like the one we had with Canisius years ago. Just awful, I won't even touch the rest of the junk calls Shayne had the rest of the night. He came about as close as I have seen to an official actually costing RIT the game since Alex Dell in 2000 when RIT loss to Elmira in the imfamous Adam Driscoll broken stick game....
            Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
            The Mule
            Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
              If only it was Shayne Ferrier who fall to the ice, at least he can skate. That was one of the worst hose jobs I've seen in RIT's time in D-I. There was so many examples, and this was not even the best of the night, but it was captured on YouTube...

Please count the cross checks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mijsl994pzY

I know its Jacques Lamoureux but that is 8!!!!!! 2 handed Cross Checks!!!! I have been on the Tigers this year for taking bad penalties but do not blame Adam Mitchell for retaliating. This is a great example of how clueless AHA offcials are and this needs to stop. This kind of things is why we have had incidents like the one we had with Canisius years ago. Just awful, I won't even touch the rest of the junk calls Shayne had the rest of the night. He came about as close as I have seen to an official actually costing RIT the game since Alex Dell in 2000 when RIT loss to Elmira in the imfamous Adam Driscoll broken stick game....

I was sitting right in that area where the video was taken and I saw this whole thing go down. I looked across the ice at that ref, don't know which one it was but he ended up making the call on RIT, and he was looking directly at the play, I have no idea (there's no excuse for) how he could have possibly missed it.

Comment

There were some pretty ridiculous plays down by the Corner Crew where we watched the refs watch the plays. And every time they would either yell at the players or wave their hands like fools, but never would they make the call.

That being said, we played a relatively penalty free 30 minutes, then once Air Force started to creep back in our discipline collapsed and we started taking a lot more penalties. Were some of them BS? Absolutely. But we deserved a lot of what we got too.
                RIT

Comment

I would think there is plenty of video of Ellis out there too.

Comment

Coach Wilson said he was happy with the three points. So am I, but I can't see how he's happy with how we got there. You can't give up a 4-goal lead. That's just not good hockey.

It seems like Serratore made the necessary adjustments during the intermissions, and Wilson didn't. The Tigers' lack of discipline seems to be a growing trend. We pull off wins and ties with sheer skill and sometimes determination, but lack of discipline gets us into trouble more often than not.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Good news, everyone!

RIT has once again cracked into the national rankings for the first time since the preseason. We are #19 in the latest INCH rankings.

http://insidecollegehockey.com/5Poll...polls_0919.htm
                      RIT

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                        You can't give up a 4-goal lead. That's just not good hockey.

Powers &8^]
                        In general, that is true. However, in all fairness there were nearly 48 minutes left in the game when RIT was up 4-0. It wasn't any sort of RIT collapse or stunning last-minute rally by AFA that got them back in the game. They're a high-octane high-scoring team that can get 4 goals in a lot less time than 48 minutes. So although I wasn't at all happy with the way it went down, at the same time I was not shocked either. If the Tigers really thought they could sit back and kill time with a big lead and that much time left, they aren't nearly as well coached as we all think. I don't think that is the case, however. I honestly believe that in a battle like that between two great teams like that, you can see the teams take turns dominating the game for extended stretches. RIT's stretch just happened to be right at the beginning, while AFA's was through the second and part of the third. All I could think when RIT was still up 4-0 was that I find it hard to fathom an RIT-AFA game at Ritter not ending in a one-goal differential. I hate thinking negative thoughts at times like that, but I just kept thinking that game was destined to tighten up somehow.
                        Can't we all just get along?
                        Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

3-0, 4-0 are the worst leads in college hockey. Think about how many games start off that way and end up being way closer than that spread.

If I'm a team that's down by that margin, I'm going throw everything at the goalie and hopefully, some goals are scored and the game changes. That's what Air Force did and it paid off for them. These are two evenly matched teams so it just became a back and forth match.

Up by 6 points late in the season and picking up 3 this past weekend is a very good result for the team. Let's make it out of the season in first place and then hopefully, they keep it together and learn where things went wrong during the season to win the championship.
                          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Saturday was the worst officiated game I've seen all year. I know that Ed is usually the one to hammer the officials, and I don't think he saw this to be as bad as I did. Just lazy, sloppy officiating. Inconsistent. Out of position time and time again. They were either in the way or too far away (like on Mitchell penalty). Never in command of the game. An embarrassment. Give me a young high school ref who can at least keep the proper distance and make calls. The call on Murphy in the third period was awful. Ref never saw it and reacted instead. Call on Favot was inconsistant based on what they had let go 5 min before. Spivak got away with at least two interference calls because refs didn't see them. Way too much talking going on between AFA bench and officials. The guy falling on his *** to try to catch up to the play was representative of the whole game.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lerch View Post
                              Saturday was the worst officiated game I've seen all year.
                              I called this as soon as O'Neill stepped on the ice for warm-ups. That O' is actually a spare doughnut just in case.
                              KBranch

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                                Good news, everyone!

RIT has once again cracked into the national rankings for the first time since the preseason. We are #19 in the latest INCH rankings.

http://insidecollegehockey.com/5Poll...polls_0919.htm
                                It may be just me, but that and a dollar gets you a cup of coffee. Now if we were 19th in PWR and/or RPI, that's a different story.
                                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2010 Frozen Four participant
                                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Working...
                                X