>>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Please tell me that someone has a clip of the ref falling tonight. That had to be one of the best falls and I am sure it is on camera. If I had a friend at ESPN I would call to have that in the not Top 10. Just another night of exemplary officiating.

Comment

Originally posted by RIT4life View Post
      would like to see this team play with something to prove..gotta keep the foot on the throat, so to speak and not let the other team gain confidence which is exactly what happened tonight after each goal. I don't care about how big we win by. If we are up 4-0, let's try and get it to 8-0. Sure it would show up the other team, but we play to win, not to not lose.
      Agreed. It's not running up the score, in a manner that could be contrived to seem offensive to some, if your opponent is as good as most teams in this league and stands a chance at coming back.

No reason to bestow mercy on a team that shut down AIC 12-0 earlier in the season.

Originally posted by Ref Hater
      Please tell me that someone has a clip of the ref falling tonight. That had to be one of the best falls and I am sure it is on camera. If I had a friend at ESPN I would call to have that in the not Top 10. Just another night of exemplary officiating.
      Not only did he fall, he completely missed the play. After getting up, orienting himself, and realizing RIT scored, he makes the goal call as though nothing happened and he wasn't late to the party at all. I'm sure someone has the game recorded in HD and get a copy.
      Last edited by slewwwwwfoot!; 02-05-2011, 10:07 PM.
      "Make-up call, thank you!"

Comment

That fall has to be posted on YouTube.

Comment

Bentley came back with a big 3rd period tonight. I know they are no Air Force and Sacred Heart is no RIT, but you have to put in 3 periods in this league and a 3 point weekend is a bonus.

Comment

My kingdom for a team that can keep big leads :facepalm:

Also (and quasi-related) there's no way you can convince me that Atlantic Hockey doesn't want someone else to win the conference this year. Every freaking night.

Comment

I've gathered most of this year's warm up playlist- the only song I can't get is the last. Anyone have an idea of what it is? The song ID app on my friend's phone said it's too generic to figure out, and Shazam on another phone gave me 2 wrong answers.

1. Rage Against the Machine- Bulls on Parade
              2. Swedish House Mafia- One(Original Mix)
              3. Far East Movement- Like a G6
              4. Chiddy Bang- Opposite of Adult
              5. Rise Against- the Good Left Undone
              6. Cosmic Gate- Exploration of Space
              7. Rise Against- Savior
              8. Alex Gaudino featuring Crystal Waters - Destination Calabria
              9. Offspring- The Kids Aren't Alright
              10. Nickelback- Burn it to the Ground
              11. Nelly- Heart of a Champion
              12. ??

Better than last year's IMO.
              RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by Ref Hater View Post
                That fall has to be posted on YouTube.
                First four goals are here. It looks like the ref was up by the time the puck got into the net.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si_elsvoif8

Comment

Not only was he up, I think he joined the celebration.

Comment

Originally posted by jgRIT View Post
                    10. Nickelback- Burn it to the Ground
                    I am extremely disappointed in this.

I can accept 5 Saturday ties in a row. I can accept losing to AIC.

But I can not accept Nickelback.
                    RIT

Comment

All the ties this year are frustrating but Air Force coming back really shouldn't have surprised anyone. Once we went up 4-0 I made a comment to my dad that we need two more goals to win this game just because its Air Force and we know how they play
                      RIT Tigers
                      Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                      Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                      Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                        My kingdom for a team that can keep big leads :facepalm:

Also (and quasi-related) there's no way you can convince me that Atlantic Hockey doesn't want someone else to win the conference this year. Every freaking night.
                        It is not every night. Friday was one of the best officiated games we have had in a while. But when teams start getting physical and gooning it up a bit, the Tigers lack the discipline to not take the retaliation penalty that is always called on them but not always on the opponents.
                        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2010 Frozen Four participant
                        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by Ref Hater View Post
                          Not only was he up, I think he joined the celebration.
                          Ugh, I'm too young to start having idyllicized memories, especially not with the event still so near.

Originally posted by WIT Winters
                          Hear, hear!
                          "Make-up call, thank you!"

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                            I am extremely disappointed in this.

I can accept 5 Saturday ties in a row. I can accept losing to AIC.

Last year they had 2 Nickelback songs, so this is an improvement.

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                            All the ties this year are frustrating but Air Force coming back really shouldn't have surprised anyone. Once we went up 4-0 I made a comment to my dad that we need two more goals to win this game just because its Air Force and we know how they play
                            I made a similar comment on Twitter that a 4-0 lead against Air Force is never comfortable.

In happier news, according to the Playoff Status Magic Numbers site, RIT is the only team that controls their destiny for 1st place. Thank you Mercyhurst.
                            RIT Tigers

Comment

Season ticket question for everyone.

I can't find my packet anymore so I'm not sure how this works.

I won a set of season tickets for this year, but I live in CA now. I have been having a friend dole them out to get freshmen addicted to hockey (with some great success so far). I'm going to be back in town for the AHA tournament games, and am trying to remember if the season pass gets us access to those games, or if we have to buy the tickets for them separately. In that case does it get us the ability to purchase them early?

I mostly just want to make sure I don't get screwed out of being able to attend the games while I'm back in town.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mdumont View Post
                                Season ticket question for everyone.

I can't find my packet anymore so I'm not sure how this works.

I won a set of season tickets for this year, but I live in CA now. I have been having a friend dole them out to get freshmen addicted to hockey (with some great success so far). I'm going to be back in town for the AHA tournament games, and am trying to remember if the season pass gets us access to those games, or if we have to buy the tickets for them separately. In that case does it get us the ability to purchase them early?

I mostly just want to make sure I don't get screwed out of being able to attend the games while I'm back in town.

Thanks!
                                those with season tix get 1st dibs on playoff tix and im sure there is a record of all season tix holders names so you should be fine as far as obtaining playoff tix prior to it being sold to the general public

Comment

Working...
                                X