>>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Burke may have been there for Brenner, but you have to think that Burt may have opened his eyes as well. He was absolutely flying tonight. I'll also say I would be shocked if Madolora wasn't on a few team's watch lists.

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
      Burke may have been there for Brenner, but you have to think that Burt may have opened his eyes as well. He was absolutely flying tonight. I'll also say I would be shocked if Madolora wasn't on a few team's watch lists.
      Yeah, Burt looked to be really playing up to his potential tonight. There were a few times he held it maybe a little too long, but he didn't turn it over and got 2 points on the evening. Definitely good stuff.

I'm going to hope no one is scouting out Madolora yet..that man needs to stay between the pipes for 2 more years. Realistically though, if DeMike can make it professionally, Madolora definitely can.

On that note, did anyone else see that DeMike got traded to the Elmira Jackals? He's no longer in the Caps system which seems disappointing, given that he was given multiple shots at the AHL level and practiced with the Caps on more than one occasion. Hopefully the Ducks treat him well.
      RIT

Comment

Originally posted by slewwwwwfoot! View Post
        Actually, I say don't play him for the better for the team.
        I agree. I'm not sure that sort of play helps the team tonight and it might be good to be sure to have him for one of the games next weekend (assuming a win this weekend).
        -M

Comment

Thank you komey for your comments. I went to the Union College game, not realizing that the AIC/RIT game was on TV here in the Albany/Troy area. After the crap seats I had at the Union game(sold out, squeezed in SRO), I'm staying home and flipping back and forth between both games tonight.

But anyways, to take a penalty like that when you're winning, with 30 seconds left is absolutely classless. The way the AHA has called their penalties this year, I'm stunned they reduce anything. Lets not bring in the Ohio State consistency.

Comment

• Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
            On that note, did anyone else see that DeMike got traded to the Elmira Jackals? He's no longer in the Caps system which seems disappointing, given that he was given multiple shots at the AHL level and practiced with the Caps on more than one occasion. Hopefully the Ducks treat him well.
            He explained via his Twitter that his ECHL rights were traded, but he's still signed with Hershey. So now he's closer to Rochester and still in the Caps system
            RIT Tigers

Comment

Has anyone watched the replay of the McReynolds hit? I watched it last night when I got home and it was clear that the AIC player lost his balance just before McReynolds made contact. It wasn't a dirty hit, just an unfortunate one.

I thought McReynolds had a great game last night. He played hard and stayed out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by jgRIT View Post
                He explained via his Twitter that his ECHL rights were traded, but he's still signed with Hershey. So now he's closer to Rochester and still in the Caps system
                Yeah, I saw that later last night. Very interesting system. The Jackals traded for a player that they could lose at any given moment to the Bears/Caps. Very interesting.

This does make me want to go to a Jackals game though, front row in an RIT jersey for DeMike.
                RIT

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                  Agreed on Madolora, but he does have one thing going against him, I think - age - he's already 24. So 2-3 years of seasoning in minors, he's at a minimum 26-27 before NHL level, and that's if he left school now. Not sure how many NHL teams are willing to take that chance on someone who could be approaching 30 by the time they enter the NHL. But he certainly didn't hurt his chances with his play last night in front of Burke.

P.S. - While I'd be happy for Brenner, I really hope Toronto isn't the team that takes him - I don't want to have to cheer for the Leafs! Bad enough I'm a Canucks fan now...

Comment

Originally posted by sammich824 View Post
                    Has anyone watched the replay of the McReynolds hit? I watched it last night when I got home and it was clear that the AIC player lost his balance just before McReynolds made contact. It wasn't a dirty hit, just an unfortunate one.

I thought McReynolds had a great game last night. He played hard and stayed out of the box.
                    I watched the replay as well, and suffice it to say, I did not conclude the same thing.

It wasn't to the numbers, sure, but it wasn't from the side, either; I'd say somewhere in between. Regardless, it was blind-side into the boards, and McReynolds destroyed him - IMO, not a case of "the other guy fell awkwardly into the boards."

These things are surprisingly subjective, I've noticed.
                    "Make-up call, thank you!"

Comment

Another good name tonight. Madolora looked really strong, Burt had another great game, and the team rallied together well after going down 1-0 fairly early.

Madolora's taunting of that goon after we scored on the powerplay (after Madolora got dogpiled and almost had his face slashed) made the night for me. I hope that there is video of that somewhere.

Also, Favot's DQ was absolutely awful. Wayne Wilson said he wants to appeal it, and hopefully it gets reduced. Going into the semi's without Favot is not an idea I am fond of. Favots goal was also given to Brenner, so Favot is no longer tied for the all time points lead. And if he remains DQ'ed, he'll only have one game to get it back. Really disappointing.
                      RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                        he'll only have one game to get it back.
                        Let's hope there's more than just one more game!
                        (also hope the DQ does get reversed; does anyone know if that is possible?)
                        -M

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
                          Let's hope there's more than just one more game!
                          (also hope the DQ does get reversed; does anyone know if that is possible?)
                          McReynolds was reduced after the game last night. So, in theory.
                          RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                            McReynolds was reduced after the game last night. So, in theory.
                            But apparently that was done by the ref before the official score sheet was signed. This time it's a done deal unless the league does consider appeals of DQs. Maybe they do; I never really paid attention to that before???
                            -M

Comment

From listening to WITR, it doesn't sound like anyone is sure.

Did anyone get a good look at the hit? I couldn't tell what happened from where I was, and myself and people around me were really surprised to see 5:00 go on the board and Favot leave. I saw an AIC guy go hard into the boards, but I didn't see much contact at all.
                              "Make-up call, thank you!"

Comment

Canisius and Holy Cross is the only game tomorrow night...
                                If Canisius wins, we will play them at Blue Cross. If Holy Cross wins, we will play UConn...I think I would rather play UConn honestly
                                Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                                College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                                Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                                Men's Frozen Four 2010
                                Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                                Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X