>>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

It feels like we go through this every year, but the reseeding issues beg the question of which pairing goes at which timeslot on Friday. (Personally, this will play a role in whether or not I can make the trek.) Games are scheduled at 4 and 7:30. I remember talk last year of coaches' preferences, but can't remember how the decision was made. IF (N.B.: IF) the Tigers make it through to next week, as the highest remaining seed, which of the two timeslots would they play in?
    The Rochester Institute of Technology
    sigpic

Comment

I could be wrong, but wouldn't the highest remaining seed always play in the early game?

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
        I could be wrong, but wouldn't the highest remaining seed always play in the early game?

Powers &8^]
        That is my understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post

Powers &8^]
          That would make sense. But this is the AHA and the same people who dreamed up the pod system!
          My Four Favorite teams:
          RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
          Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
            That would make sense. But this is the AHA and the same people who dreamed up the pod system!
            AHA Rules says highest seed plays the early game on Friday, giving them a couple more hours of rest before Saturday night.
            John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
            AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
            AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
            NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
            NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
            NCAA DII - 1983
            NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
              AHA Rules says highest seed plays the early game on Friday, giving them a couple more hours of rest before Saturday night.
              What time is the early game vs the late game?
              RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                What time is the early game vs the late game?
                4:05PM
                1 hour after end of early game (around 7:30 if no OT)
                -M

Comment

• DeMichiel back in New York

Just heard on the local news here in Elmira that Jared DeMichiel has been added to the Elmira Jackals (Link), so those who may want to see him in-action again, the drive from Rochester just became a bit shorter to do so!

Cheers!!!
                  Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 03-11-2011, 05:47 PM. Reason: font stuff
                  Dave
                  RIT - '90

Comment

• Brian Burke (Leafs GM) in the house. Wonder who he's here for...

Comment

Great game tonight. Even though it took us nearly 50 minutes to get a second goal, we generated a lot of chances and kept them off the scoreboard. Once we got number 2, AIC just fell apart. Shane was great in net, which was good to see after the end of the season troubles.

Anyone worried we'd be rusty or demoralized can put those concerns to bed.

EDIT: For anyone who might not have heard the WITR broadcast, McReynolds boarding call was lessened so that it is no longer a game DQ, meaning he will be able to play tomorrow.
                      Last edited by RIT Winters; 03-11-2011, 08:54 PM.
                      RIT

Comment

It was nice to see RIT play a more disciplined game tonight. And hopefully they can keep it up tomorrow!
                        LETS GOOOOO TIGERS!!!!
                        Always Loud and Always Proud from 2001!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason6787 View Post
                          Brian Burke (Leafs GM) in the house. Wonder who he's here for...
                          I heard Brenner.
                          My Four Favorite teams:
                          RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                          Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                            EDIT: For anyone who might not have heard the WITR broadcast, McReynolds boarding call was lessened so that it is no longer a game DQ, meaning he will be able to play tomorrow.
                            I'm not sure I play him tomorrow anyway. That type of play was uncalled for with the game already all but over.
                            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2010 Frozen Four participant
                            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                              I'm not sure I play him tomorrow anyway. That type of play was uncalled for with the game already all but over.
                              Well, I see the logic here, but I think they want to put the best team on the ice in the playoffs. He's known for his temper and his PIM, but he's also one of our better players.

On that note, does anyone else wonder what Potts might have done if he was able to play all year? 2 goals against RMU and a big 2 points in the game tonight as well, he looks really good.
                              RIT

Comment

Actually, I say don't play him for the better for the team. Keep the chippiness to a minimum and avoid retribution and ensuing scrums. Also because he's easy to goad into taking retaliatory penalties. Don't want to spend the night on the PK. Personal punishment to him is just bonus.
                                "Make-up call, thank you!"

Comment

Working...
                                X