>>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

So uh...at the risk of looking ahead....does Atlantic Hockey reseed again heading into the BCA arena? Or does the RIT-AIC winner play the UConn-Mercyhurst winner no matter what?

Comment

• Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
      So uh...at the risk of looking ahead....does Atlantic Hockey reseed again heading into the BCA arena? Or does the RIT-AIC winner play the UConn-Mercyhurst winner no matter what?
      They reseed.
      RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
        For those of you that care some much about rankings in the poll, RM is still getting votes and their season is over...
        Maybe it's time to build two conferences with 4 divisions in each. Top 16 make it to the tourney.

Conference 1 = 4 Divisions
        Conference 2 = 4 Divisions

Each Div has an equal amount of regional teams.
        Top 2 from each divsion make it to the tourney. (8 x 2 = 16)

The rest go home and start planting for spring.

This would removed the East Coast \ West Coast \ Middle Coast \ South Coast and Alaska Coast bias from the polls and the tourney would be based solely
        on team record.
        Last edited by blazer777; 03-08-2011, 11:17 AM.
        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
          Maybe it's time to build two conferences with 4 divisions in each. Top 16 make it to the tourney.

This would removed the East Coast \ West Coast \ Middle Coast \ South Coast and Alaska Coast bias from the polls and the tourney would be based solely
          on team record.
          That sure is a unique suggestion. I'm sure it was at least partially tounge-in-cheek.
          But just so we're all clear, the polls have very little to do with who makes the tournament. The selection criteria mimics almost exactly the Pair-Wise rankings, which are mostly, if not completely, objective. Bias plays almost no part.
          Can't we all just get along?
          Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

on team record.
            this is sort of what aha did this year and i am sure you noticed how uneven the pods were. a brilliant idea if talent was distributed evenly by region. but it's not.
            i refuse to take out my keys.

ritter arena, ira wilson arena, dwyer arena, tate rink, blue cross arena, buffalo state sports arena, houston fieldhouse, times union center, ford field, messa rink

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
              Originally posted by jgRIT View Post
              They reseed.
              No they don't. We see UConn/Mercyhurst no matter what. http://***********/#!/chrislerch/sta...63234735308800
              —Elliot
              RIT Class of 2008

Comment

Originally posted by elvo86 View Post
                No they don't. We see UConn/Mercyhurst no matter what. http://***********/#!/chrislerch/sta...63234735308800
                For those who, like myself, aren't a fan of Twitter and don't know how to see more than that one word answer - see this.

Not sure why he says teams are re-seeded after the first round, and yet 4 of the 8 teams don't have a seed shown there, but whatever. Also not sure what the point of re-seeding after the quarterfinals is, if the bracket is already determined. To me, it just adds confusion. Now we could be talking about team X, nth overall in the regular season and mth(E|W), who was jth seed going into the quarters and is now kth seed headed into the semis. Sigh.
                "Make-up call, thank you!"

Comment

I expect the teams will be reseeded, as the lowest seeded team has always played the highest seed. I don't expect the Atlantic Hockey online bracket to look right.
                  2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                  2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2010 Frozen Four participant
                  2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by slewwwwwfoot! View Post
                    For those who, like myself, aren't a fan of Twitter and don't know how to see more than that one word answer - see this.

Not sure why he says teams are re-seeded after the first round, and yet 4 of the 8 teams don't have a seed shown there, but whatever. Also not sure what the point of re-seeding after the quarterfinals is, if the bracket is already determined. To me, it just adds confusion. Now we could be talking about team X, nth overall in the regular season and mth(E|W), who was jth seed going into the quarters and is now kth seed headed into the semis. Sigh.
                    Follow your link then read this "Note: Teams are reseeded after the first and quarterfinal rounds." at the bottom of the page.

Teams are re-seeded.
                    RIT HOCKEY!!!
                    You know what I mean.

RIP Mikita

. . . don't worry we'll figure out who bothman is someday, not that anyone cares.

[.+0 :=oo:] My Wii-pon of choice.

What do you want YOUR legacy to be?

Comment

I read that, and commented on it in the post your quoted. Read my post

The question is why Lerch thinks this is not the case. Or, rather, if despite re-seeding, the bracket stays such that we'd not be playing the lowest seed, but MC/UConn (assuming one of them wouldn't be the lowest anyway).
                      "Make-up call, thank you!"

Comment

Originally posted by dutchbrowncoat View Post
                        this is sort of what aha did this year and i am sure you noticed how uneven the pods were. a brilliant idea if talent was distributed evenly by region. but it's not.
                        Ridiculous to think that much thought would not be put into this by the powers that be to alleviate that problem and many others with this proposal.

Basically, for an AHA team to get into the tourney without winning the AHA title would require them to load up their schedule with OOC teams in the top 16 of the PairWise and hope to beat them and that they then kick everybody else's but the rest of the season.
                        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Ridiculous to think that much thought would not be put into this by the powers that be to alleviate that problem and many others with this proposal.

Basically, for an AHA team to get into the tourney without winning the AHA title would require them to load up their schedule with OOC teams in the top 16 of the PairWise and hope to beat them and that they then kick everybody else's but the rest of the season.
                          Well with for example RMU being a TuC for a good part of the season, beating them helps to give us a chance of at large nods, especially if thrown in with some OOC games against decent teams. AHA has been getting stronger of late with the rise of RIT and the addition of Niagara and RMU, so I don't think it's entirely possible for an at large AHA bid in the future provided someone can actually win OOC games.
                          RIT

Comment

e to the x, dx, dy
                            secant cosine tangent sine
                            once again its playoffs time!
                            beat (pause) AIC
                            rough em up, light em up rit!
                            i refuse to take out my keys.

ritter arena, ira wilson arena, dwyer arena, tate rink, blue cross arena, buffalo state sports arena, houston fieldhouse, times union center, ford field, messa rink

Comment

Yes, I misunderstood the question on Twitter. Teams are reseeded for the semifinals meaning that the highest surviving team from the quarterfinals will play the lowest surviving seed.

Comment

WITR will have a double header on Saturday carrying both the mens and womens game. Pregame for the womens game will start at 2:45.
                                "I couldn't be more impressed with the student body . They had fun and had many chants but they lacked venom."

Comment

Working...
                                X