Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
    I think you're right. Take a look at the 3rd period penalties. The DQ's come right after Niagara gets called for a penalty.
    Yeah, I could take a guess at what caused it, but I'm still trying to figure out just what someone not on the ice has to do to get a DQ. On the ice, you've pretty much gotta hit someone from behind with intent to injure, don't you? (Or leave the bench to join a fight.) Are we to take from that that Burkholder or an assistant got violently physical with someone? And who would serve a Bench DQ anyway?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
      Yeah, I could take a guess at what caused it, but I'm still trying to figure out just what someone not on the ice has to do to get a DQ. On the ice, you've pretty much gotta hit someone from behind with intent to injure, don't you? (Or leave the bench to join a fight.) Are we to take from that that Burkholder or an assistant got violently physical with someone? And who would serve a Bench DQ anyway?

Powers &8^]
      Where are our Niagara posters now. No matter what it had to be a total unraveling from the bench.
      KBranch

Comment

Originally posted by kbranch View Post
        Where are our Niagara posters now. No matter what it had to be a total unraveling from the bench.
        At least when they posted here it was friendly banter.
        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2010 Frozen Four participant
        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by kbranch View Post

BTW - I hardly consider RIT a bunch of angels themselves.
          Agreed, but the major difference is from what I gathered from going to the games is that RIT finishes the arguments. We do not start them. Are guys do not instigate but we easily get tempered. Go figure... LETS GO TIGERS!!!!

Je n'aime pas AFA!!!
          R I T HOCKEY
          Frozen Four
          Elite Eight
          NCAA Tournament
          2010-2015-2016
          RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
            You hate to count your chickens before they hatch, but it is certainly looking like RIT-Air Force. That said, Mrecyhurst took the Tigers out of the AHA tournament as the lower seed both times they played at BCA.
            MC only beat RIT at BCA once. RIT is 2-2 in AHA tournament games at the BCA:
            2010 RIT beats Canisius (4-0) and Sacred Heart (6-1)
            2009 MC beat RIT in OT in Semi's (4-3? score escapes me on that one)
            2008 AFA beat RIT (5-0) in Semi's
            Can't we all just get along?
            Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by ken66 View Post
              ...one of the most interesting stats of this season is that 6 of AIC's 8 Atlantic wins this season are on the road. Go figure.
              But of their only 2 home wins, one was a shellacking of RIT. And to all those who seem happy that RIT benefits by playing the 12th seeded YellowJackets, remember that the only Eastern Pod team that beat RIT was AIC. Granted it wasn't at the Ritter, but given that all four road teams won this past weekend.... You had just better be careful what you wish for. RIT has proven that they can play down to the level of anyone and be beaten by anybody (as long as you consider ties as potential post-season losses like I do). Let's just hope the Tigers spent the time off re-locating the A-game they brought against Canisius three weeks ago.
              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                You hate to count your chickens before they hatch, but it is certainly looking like RIT-Air Force.
                Then don't... please.
                There's a lot of work left to do.
                Playing the # 12 isn't a gimme... Just ask RPI.

Comment

I don't buy it.

A single game, midway through this season, anything can happen. Niagara and RMU (and Army and Bentley) learned this the past weekend.

We have the advantage of a best of three series. AIC might win one, but lightening rarely strikes twice. Which isn't to say it can't be overlooked, don't get me wrong - but an upset in a three game series is much, much different than a single game.
                  "Make-up call, thank you!"

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                    But of their only 2 home wins, one was a shellacking of RIT. And to all those who seem happy that RIT benefits by playing the 12th seeded YellowJackets, remember that the only Eastern Pod team that beat RIT was AIC. Granted it wasn't at the Ritter, but given that all four road teams won this past weekend.... You had just better be careful what you wish for. RIT has proven that they can play down to the level of anyone and be beaten by anybody (as long as you consider ties as potential post-season losses like I do). Let's just hope the Tigers spent the time off re-locating the A-game they brought against Canisius three weeks ago.
                    That was mid season when the defense had yet to come into its own, and Madolora was sitting on the bench every Saturday. All you have to do is look at who was in net that weekend to see where we stand against AIC. RIT is head and shoulders above the team that AIC beat that weekend.

Is it impossible they take a game from us? No, of course not. But barring a massive team-wide meltdown, I cannot imagine us losing the series.
                    RIT

Comment

I always get real nervous for every quarter final series. I think the best of 3 format tends to let teams off the hook a little.

The team that I believe is most dangerous this year is AFA. Yeah RIT hadn't beat Niagara and RMO put up a strong season but no other team plays harder. I had no doubt they would get the sweep against RMO when they needed it. Its just the mindset that team has. This is the only team I am hoping gets eliminated before the BCA
                      RIT Tigers
                      Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                      Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                      Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                        I always get real nervous for every quarter final series. I think the best of 3 format tends to let teams off the hook a little.

The team that I believe is most dangerous this year is AFA. Yeah RIT hadn't beat Niagara and RMO put up a strong season but no other team plays harder. I had no doubt they would get the sweep against RMO when they needed it. Its just the mindset that team has. This is the only team I am hoping gets eliminated before the BCA
                        I'd love nothing more than an RIT vs AFA championship. They play each other as hard as it gets and the games are incredible to watch. We're 1-1-1 against them this year and both non-wins were games that got away.
                        RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                          I'd love nothing more than an RIT vs AFA championship. They play each other as hard as it gets and the games are incredible to watch. We're 1-1-1 against them this year and both non-wins were games that got away.
                          Lets not get ahead! We still have three possibly 4 games until the championship...
                          R I T HOCKEY
                          Frozen Four
                          Elite Eight
                          NCAA Tournament
                          2010-2015-2016
                          RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post

Powers &8^]
                            We were at the game and the call on ZANETTE was sound. The DQ came after the whistle when the Ref had Paul by the shoulders so he tried to head butt a Canisius player who was wishing him luck in the future since his college career was now over. It was Niagara that looked like goons. Of course they did not announce the DQs but Burkholder left the ice with :15 seconds to go. He was not yelling at the Refs before that, so it must have been what he said. Overall a well called game. It was the quietest hockey game I have ever been to. GO TIGERS.

Comment

Originally posted by 35TH40TH View Post
                              We were at the game and the call on ZANETTE was sound. The DQ came after the whistle when the Ref had Paul by the shoulders so he tried to head butt a Canisius player who was wishing him luck in the future since his college career was now over. It was Niagara that looked like goons. Of course they did not announce the DQs but Burkholder left the ice with :15 seconds to go. He was not yelling at the Refs before that, so it must have been what he said. Overall a well called game. It was the quietest hockey game I have ever been to. GO TIGERS.
                              Excuse my naivete, but how do you know what the Canisius player was saying to Zanette?
                              "Make-up call, thank you!"

Comment

For those of you that care some much about rankings in the poll, RM is still getting votes and their season is over...
                                "I couldn't be more impressed with the student body . They had fun and had many chants but they lacked venom."

Comment

Working...
                                X