>>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Random question: In my non-RIT experience, the most vociferous non-RIT student sections plant themselves square behind the shoot-twice end. I assume that the reason for the Corner in "Corner Crew" is the seating arrangement in the Ritter. With the impending arrival of a new arena, what does everyone feel about where the Crew should end up? Corner or end?

I bring it up because of this article mentioning an imposing single bowl behind the net. I know BU puts the band on the higher levels of their primary student section. I'm just curious to everyone's feelings.
    The Rochester Institute of Technology
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RITAbe View Post
      Random question: In my non-RIT experience, the most vociferous non-RIT student sections plant themselves square behind the shoot-twice end. I assume that the reason for the Corner in "Corner Crew" is the seating arrangement in the Ritter. With the impending arrival of a new arena, what does everyone feel about where the Crew should end up? Corner or end?

I bring it up because of this article mentioning an imposing single bowl behind the net. I know BU puts the band on the higher levels of their primary student section. I'm just curious to everyone's feelings.
      If they increase interest in the team to coincide with the increased capacity in the new arena, something tells me that the "Corner Crew" may end up spilling into the neighboring sections, so as to take up the corner and the end.
      Can't we all just get along?
      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by RITAbe View Post

It have to depend on how the new arena is laid out. Tradition would dictate staying in the corner though, so that would be my vote.
        RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
          Elliot Olshansky has a nice story in the NY Hockey Journal about the Tigers and the effect of last years Frozen Four trip. http://www.nyhockeyjournal.com/news/...the_sequel.php
          Then there was also this quote...
          "However, they have lost just twice since, including once to a Merrimack team that was ranked No. 13 in the nation in late January, haven't dropped a home game all season long, and have silenced any thoughts of a Frozen Four hangover that might have arisen early on."

Since, as we all know, the Merrimack loss was at home... You'd think journalists would be more careful in their writing these days. But alas, they're not.
          Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
            The only reason the band stuck around was because of CBS, I think thats true for a bunch of people. If the game wernt nationally televised, I think we would have fallen short of the sellout once again.
            Given that it sold out faster than any game this year (and perhaps ever), I think that is a bold, bold statement.
            RIT

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
              The only reason the band stuck around was because of CBS, I think thats true for a bunch of people. If the game wernt nationally televised, I think we would have fallen short of the sellout once again.
              I'm not sure I buy the second part of that. I see coercing the band to stick around for TV, but why would the fans stay just because it's on TV? If a student finishes his or her finals on Tuesday or Wednesday, are they going to cut their spring break 3 or 4 days short to be at a game that they can actually watch at home (or in the hotel in FLA) BECAUSE it's on national TV? I doubt it. But that's just MHO.

Comment

Do people really think people attended the game solely because it was on CBS college sports network? Its not even a standard channel. I could see the school asking the band to stay, in order to better represent the school better, but I doubt this was a reason for the average fan. Attendance was better this year due to the frozen four run and the success of this team since the move to D1. There are many more non student fans now in attendance.
                RIT Tigers
                Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                  There are many more non student fans now in attendance.
                  There are also many more student fans in sections that used to be almost entirely non-students. Total guess here, but I think the proportion of student fans has risen along with the raw numbers of both types. It sure seems to me that students across campus are much more interested and coming out to games. All a good thing and why there will someday be a new arena.

Edit: Also my hotel in FLA didn't have the CBS College Sports Channel!
                  Last edited by RITProf; 03-03-2011, 03:52 PM.
                  -M

Comment

Anyone going to the women's ECAC playoffs this weekend? I wish I could make it there, but seeing Im in hockey wasteland (Phoenix, AZ) there's no way for me to make it all the way there.

Comment

Originally posted by Frozen View Post
                      Anyone going to the women's ECAC playoffs this weekend? I wish I could make it there, but seeing Im in hockey wasteland (Phoenix, AZ) there's no way for me to make it all the way there.
                      They had 821 today for the game. Wonder why WITR isn't carrying their games while the mens team has the weekend off.
                      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Canisius is schooling Niagara 5-1 currently, and Mercyhurst is up 3-0 over Robert Morris. Both scores in the second.

If both of these scores hold, it's not hard to imagine RIT vs Air Force in the finals.

(Bentley is currently winning, as is AIC. Facing AIC next weekend would be a special treat)
                        Last edited by RIT Winters; 03-05-2011, 07:46 PM.
                        RIT

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                          They had 821 today for the game. Wonder why WITR isn't carrying their games while the mens team has the weekend off.
                          I don't know that WITR has ever broadcast a women's game.

Powers &8^]

Comment

WITR has broadcast women's games. Now you know.

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                              Canisius is schooling Niagara 5-1 currently, and Mercyhurst is up 3-0 over Robert Morris. Both scores in the second.

If both of these scores hold, it's not hard to imagine RIT vs Air Force in the finals.

(Bentley is currently winning, as is AIC. Facing AIC next weekend would be a special treat)
                              Bentley failed to hold their lead and lost. Just waiting on Canisius to hold theirs and the play-offs just got a little different.
                              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                                Bentley failed to hold their lead and lost. Just waiting on Canisius to hold theirs and the play-offs just got a little different.
                                Indeed. The only game still in the air is the Army/AIC game. If AIC holds on, every single game will have been an upset with the lower seeds prevailing.

RIT will either get AIC or Sacred Heart at Ritter next weekend. Love it.
                                RIT

Comment

Working...
                                X