Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Originally posted by RITShockSquad View Post
    This may make some of you feel slightly better. Niagara is 0-2 at home (0-2-1 overall) vs. RMU and 1-1 at home vs. UConn, which are their potential quarterfinal opponents. They potentially have the hardest road in to the BCA of the top 5 seeds.

RIT is 3-1-2 vs. Bentley/SH/AIC
    AFA is 3-2-1 vs. Army/Bentley/SH
    HC is 3-3-1 vs. UConn/Hurst/Canisius
    NU is 1-3-1 vs. RMU/UConn
    RMU is 4-0-1 vs. NU/UConn
    Niagara has had goaltending concerns for most of the year. First Chubek got injured for the season, then Hare left the team. Campbell came in midseason. They are playing with only two goalies on the squad. That loss to Connecticut was a game in which Niagara outshot them 55-25. Some of the RMU games were fairly wide in shots too. Both Campbell and Noonan seem to be settling down so those losses maybe would be different under today's situation.

Comment

When is the official playoff schedule coming out?
      R I T HOCKEY
      Frozen Four
      Elite Eight
      NCAA Tournament
      2010-2015-2016
      RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by erickuzniar View Post
        Niagara is a natural rival.
        I don't disagree.

They are/will be one of RIT's top competition in the AHA.
        True.

RIT had trouble beating them back in the DIII days and it has continued into DI.
        For D1, based on a sample size of a handful of games, only one of which actually mattered - the first one this season.

This long losing streak to Niagara means a lot to me and I am sure a lot of other long time RIT hockey fans.
        With all due respect, I don't care what it means to you or long-time hockey fans. All I'm getting at is that people keep throwing up this record and saying "oh my god, they always beat us, we'll never win!" That's stupid. No matter which way you slice it. It's meaningless in this sense.

Rivalry? Sure. I look forward to it. The players have no idea what the hell people like you are on about, though. They haven't been here and haven't been paying attention to RIT hockey for more than maybe 5 years, for the seniors graduating who got recruited a year before. The record doesn't matter to anyone but nostalgic fans like yourself. The rivalry now is based on the fact that they're two good teams going at it in the same league. Little more.
        Last edited by slewwwwwfoot!; 02-27-2011, 11:14 AM.
        "Make-up call, thank you!"

Comment

I'm sure what Coach Wilson says on the air is often times a LOT differant than what is said in the locker room. What does it say when your coach public rips the team a new one shortly after a defeat? Do you want him to call out players in public? I don't. All that stuff should say in the locker rooms. And yes, sometimes the bounces don't go your way no matter how hard you try.

Bottom line is the team got done what needed to be done this season - win the regular season title. Those Western pod games are doing to be killer for Robert Morris and Niagara. In a one game situation, one bad bounce or one hot goalie could change anything.
          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2010 Frozen Four participant
          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
            I'm sure what Coach Wilson says on the air is often times a LOT differant than what is said in the locker room. What does it say when your coach public rips the team a new one shortly after a defeat? Do you want him to call out players in public? I don't. All that stuff should say in the locker rooms. And yes, sometimes the bounces don't go your way no matter how hard you try.
            Fair point, but there's a world of difference between saying we played poorly and have things to improve on than to call players out. I have no problem with a coach being able to admit his team under-performed. In fact, I applaud it. Communication to everyone outside of the organization is important. I'd like to know the coach is reasonable and down-to-earth, not just a yes-man blind to their deficiencies.

Bottom line is the team got done what needed to be done this season - win the regular season title. Those Western pod games are doing to be killer for Robert Morris and Niagara. In a one game situation, one bad bounce or one hot goalie could change anything.
            Very true. Keep our fingers crossed!
            "Make-up call, thank you!"

Comment

Do you guys think if we make it the final in the tournament RIT could sell-out the the BCA?
              R I T HOCKEY
              Frozen Four
              Elite Eight
              NCAA Tournament
              2010-2015-2016
              RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Go Tigers!
                R I T HOCKEY
                Frozen Four
                Elite Eight
                NCAA Tournament
                2010-2015-2016
                RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                  Do you guys think if we make it the final in the tournament RIT could sell-out the the BCA?
                  No there wouldn't be enough time to build it up before hand. But hopefully we'd get 3-4k
                  RIT Tigers
                  Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                  Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                  Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                    No there wouldn't be enough time to build it up before hand. But hopefully we'd get 3-4k
                    I think 3-4k is a bit low, given we sell out Ritter days in advance for much less important games. I have no expectations of selling out, but I could definitely see 6k.
                    RIT

Comment

theres no way there would be a sell out for BCA in the finals. I dont think we really have a team this year that too many people are getting excited about. yes we have a good record in the AHA but thats not saying much. this team just doesnt have the gas that we need to get too far in the playoffs.
                      R I T HOCKEY
                      Atlantic Hockey Association Conference
                      Regular Season Champions
                      2007-2009-2010
                      AHA Tournament Champions
                      Frozen Four

"Were Loud and Obnoxious at hockey games!"
                      Proud Corner Crew member

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                        I think 3-4k is a bit low, given we sell out Ritter days in advance for much less important games. I have no expectations of selling out, but I could definitely see 6k.
                        3,289 was attendance for last years AHA final against Sacred Heart. If it's the Tigers and a nearby team, might make a difference in increasing that number.
                        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

RIT-Niagara as a final could get 4-5K. But barring upsets, that would be a semifinal. RIT-AFA could get 3K for sure with MAYBE 4K.
                          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2010 Frozen Four participant
                          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                            3,289 was attendance for last years AHA final against Sacred Heart. If it's the Tigers and a nearby team, might make a difference in increasing that number.
                            I'd argue there is a lot more hype now after last years miracle run. The AHA finals last year obviously took place before the Frozen Four which gave us so much attention. I'm pretty sure people would want to go to the championship to say they were there in case the team makes another run. I don't have the numbers off hand, but I'm not so sure they sold out Ritter every non-break game last year, either.
                            RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                              I'd argue there is a lot more hype now after last years miracle run. The AHA finals last year obviously took place before the Frozen Four which gave us so much attention. I'm pretty sure people would want to go to the championship to say they were there in case the team makes another run. I don't have the numbers off hand, but I'm not so sure they sold out Ritter every non-break game last year, either.
                              I'll give in to that argument. RIT is ranked 33rd in Div 1 for attendance.

For 15 home games, including BCW and Wilfrid Laurier, the team has had 39,143 in attendance for an average of 2610.

Compared to 2009/2010 where attendance was 29,861 for 17 home games, they are ahead of last year pace.
                              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Is there a trophy for winning the regular season?
                                R I T HOCKEY
                                Frozen Four
                                Elite Eight
                                NCAA Tournament
                                2010-2015-2016
                                RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Working...
                                X