>>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Reminder that anyone going to tonight's game is encouraged to part in parking lot U (SUCK!) due to the weather and renovations of the locker room. The East side entrance will be closed off for the construction.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

BCHL – Powell River Kings – Finished 1st in the Coastal Conference with a 46W-9L-3T-2OTL and 97 points. Powell river has been ranked toward the top of the CJHL national rankings all season and are currently 2nd. Set a BCHL record with a 1.92 GAA, lead by goalie Michael Garteig who is headed for Quinnipiac. the Kings have 6 players headed to DI next season in Garteig(Quinnipiac);Niddery, DaSilva(Ohio State); Pettitt(Alaska Anchorage); Sonnes(Mercyhurst); Garbowsky(RIT). They also have two will be in the NCAA in 2012/2013 – Dalrymple(Ohio State), and Dan Schuler(RIT).

Matt Garbowsky – F – 5’10” – 170lbs -7/26/1990 – St George, Ont
      Second on the Kings in scoring with 44g(12ppg)-36a-80pts-56pim. His 2 seasons he had a line of 71g(17ppg)-62a-133pts-100pim in 107 games. This seasons output put him #1 in goals scored and 6th in points. He had 20% of the goals scored by the Kings this season. He had 44, and number 2 on the team (Chad Niddery headed to Ohio State) scored 28.
      Honors:
      2011 Coastal Conference MVP

Dan Schuler – F – 5’10” – 175lbs – 8/28/1992 – Penfield, NY
      Headed for RIT in 2012/2013. Over 40 games he had a line of 11g(5ppg)-24a-35pts-38pim. This is his first season with the Kings. In 2009-2010 he played New England DI prep at Choate, and earlier played for Aquinas in Rochester. with another year of seasoning in the BCHL he will likely be depended on for more minutes and points. Virtually everyone with more points on the Kings is moving on to NCAA next year.

BCHL – Surrey Eagles – Finished 2nd in the BCHL Coastal Conference with a 35W-22L-1T-2OTL and 73 points. Surrey has 2 players heading for the DI next year in Brad MacGowan(RIT) and Scott Holm(Air Force) and 3 committed for 2012/2013 to Merrimack and Alaska Anchorage

Bradley McGowan – F - 6’0” – 175lbs – 4/9/1990 – Langley,BC
      Finished up the regular season tied for 2nd in the league in points with a line of 36g(15ppg)-53a-89pts-26pim over 59 games (BCHL season is 60 games) and included 15PPG . Those 36 goals placed him 5th, and 53 assists were 4th highest in the league. He led Surrey in both goals and assists, with #2 coming in with 26g-45a-71pts. Over 2 seasons with Surrey, he has a line of 48g(18ppg)-87a-135pts-48pim over 117 games.
      Honors:
      2011 Coastal Conference Most Sportsmanlike Player.

BCHL – Langley Chiefs – Finished 3rd in the Coastal Conference behind Powell River and Surrey with 70points and a 31W-21L-1T-7OTL. Led the Conference in goals scored with 240. Have 8 players headed to the NCAA DI ranks – Meyers, Plevy(Merrimack); Toughy, Gerling(UCONN)(30g-42a-72pts);McBride(Air Force); Daly(St Cloud);Galley(Bowling Green); Thompson(RIT).

Brandon Thompson – F – 6’0” – 180lbs – 11/10/1990 – North Vancouver, BC
      In his 4th season with Langley, he had a line of 13g(1ppg)-51a-64pts-77pim. This output put him 4th on the Chiefs and 21st in the league. His 52 assists were tied for 5th in the league. Over his 4 seasons in the BCHL he has 37g(7ppg)-122a-159pts-322pim over 224 games.

BCHL – Salmon Arm Silverbacks – 3rd in the Interior Conference with 79 points. Team has 6 players committed to DI schools – Killip(Western Michigan); Reid(RIT); Manson,Zulinick,Vasaturo(Quinnipiac);Mills(Princet on).

Brad Reid – F - 6’1” – 175lbs – 6/20/1990 – Delta, BC
      4th season in the BCHL, traded to Salmon Arm from Coquitlam at mid season. This year his line was 23g(8ppg)-29a-52pts-29pim over 57 games. he was 4th on the Silverbacks in scoring , and tied for 40th in the league. His career numbers are 62g(19ppg)-73a-135pts-102pim over 217 games. Has a brother (Cam) drafted by the Predators and currently playing at St Cloud State.
      Last edited by XCTiger; 02-25-2011, 05:40 PM.
      John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
      AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
      AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
      NCAA DII - 1983
      NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Well if that wasn't a disappointing way to end the regular season at home, on senior night, on national TV..I don't know what is.

Madolora looked off all night (maybe we should have played Jon afterall) and the offense just could not capitalize on its chances. We had a lot of really unlucky bounces go against us, as well as that ringer in the 3rd that should have absolutely made the game 4-3.

Once I get a stomach of it I will go and watch the CBS coverage. Hopefully it was good and made us look good despite our play.
        RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
          Well if that wasn't a disappointing way to end the regular season at home, on senior night, on national TV..I don't know what is.

Madolora looked off all night (maybe we should have played Jon afterall) and the offense just could not capitalize on its chances. We had a lot of really unlucky bounces go against us, as well as that ringer in the 3rd that should have absolutely made the game 4-3.

Once I get a stomach of it I will go and watch the CBS coverage. Hopefully it was good and made us look good despite our play.
          That, in short, was a HORRIBLE performance. CBS couldn't make that look good, no matter how hard they tried. It was totally AWFUL.

They came out and owned the first 10 or 12 minutes of the game, then they simply stopped. They scored and then gave one up again within a minute of playing time TWICE. Asleep at the switch. They'd get back in it and then give it right back. There's no excuses for what happened last night. None. No one was particularly sharp. The D was dreadful. Descoteaux was as awful as I have seen him. Didn't use his size, turned the puck over several times with passes that the average high school player knows better than to attempt, and generally looked at least 1 step behind everyone. Madalora looked rather tired last night. I thought at least 1, if not 2, of the goals he gave up he should have had, or usually would have stopped.

If they play like that in 2 weeks, they will be cleaning out their lockers at the Ritter rather than preparing to head to the BCA. No joke. You can't play like that this time of year.
          Skate every shift like its your last

Comment

A disgusting display. Anyone who's only watched us on national TV will wonder what all the fuss is about. Once again, the opposing coach makes the necessary changes during the intermission, while steady-as-she-goes Wilson apparently does nothing. Once again, we pour on a bunch of easy shots while we have territorial advantage then have to scramble to score once the other team wakes up (reminds me of the women's first game against Plattsburgh this year).

Wilson is one hell of a recruiter, but he seems to really struggle getting the Tigers ready to play against tough opponents, and with making necessary adjustments during the game.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post

Wilson is one hell of a recruiter, but he seems to really struggle getting the Tigers ready to play against tough opponents, and with making necessary adjustments during the game.

Powers &8^]
              Wow, that's quite a statement. Just less than a year ago everyone thought he was a genius. Guess it must have been Ringwald who figured Denver out.

Comment

A disgusting display. Anyone who's only watched us on national TV will wonder what all the fuss is about. Once again, the opposing coach makes the necessary changes during the intermission, while steady-as-she-goes Wilson apparently does nothing. Once again, we pour on a bunch of easy shots while we have territorial advantage then have to scramble to score once the other team wakes up (reminds me of the women's first game against Plattsburgh this year).

Powers &8^]
                Not excusing last night's pewrformace, but when the games MATTER, Wilson usually has the team ready. Or did you forget about the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by sammich824 View Post
                  Wow, that's quite a statement. Just less than a year ago everyone thought he was a genius. Guess it must have been Ringwald who figured Denver out.
                  Or that RIT has won 4 regular season titles in 5 years in spite of Wilson.

Then again, stupid things do tend to get said after a tough loss.

Comment

Watched the game this morning, and was really impressed by Zanette and Campbell from Niagara. I wouldn't mind seeing RMU and Niagara finish 4th/5th overall so one can possibly get knocked out in the quarters.

According to my understanding of the AHA Tiebreakers, here's where we stand going into today's games from a pod perspective. No 1st round matchups are set in stone yet.
                    Feel free to make any corrections:
                    West Pod:
                    1) RIT
                    2) Air Force [Win/Tie] or RMU [Win]
                    3) Niagara [Win or (Tie + AFA Win)] or AF [Loss + NU Tie/Loss] or RMU [(Loss + NU Loss) or (Tie + NU Tie/Loss)]
                    4) NU [Loss or (Tie + RMU Win/Tie)] or RMU [(Loss + NU Win/Tie) or (Tie + NU win)] or AFA [Loss + NU win]
                    5) Canisius [Win/Tie] or Mercyhurst [Win]
                    6) Mercyhurst [Loss/Tie] or Canisius [Loss]

East Pod:
                    1) Holy Cross
                    2) UConn
                    3) Army
                    4) Bentley
                    5) AIC [Win/Tie or SHU Loss/Tie] or Sacred Heart [Win + AIC Loss]
                    6) Sacred Heart [Loss/Tie or AIC Win Tie] or AIC [Loss + SHU Win]

Interesting Note: Army has tiebreaker by virtue of SH ENG vs. Bentley
                    Last edited by RITShockSquad; 02-26-2011, 10:22 AM. Reason: Realized I missed scenario where AFA gets 4th seed
                    2008-09 AHA Regular Season Pick 'em Champion
                    2010 AHA Postseason Pick 'em Co-Champ

Comment

Wow, seriously? How about the fact that Wilson was the Spencer Penrose D1 Coach of the Year last year? Wilson and Hills have a ton of experience and RIT is very fortunate to have them. Hills would be a great D1 head coach (and was a good head coach at Geneseo) but Wilson and Hills have a long history and really seem to work well together to make RIT extremely competitive in AHA and have a legitimate chance to win against OOC opponents when the pressure's on (e.g. Denver and UNH) This loss was on the players. We looked great in the 1st period but Niagara has a lot of talent and has always had RIT's number. We had just better hope we don't have to face them in the playoffs.
                      RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Powers &8^]

Um...what? The Tigers had several grade A chances point-blank on Campbell before they fell asleep. The Tigers could have easily buried Niagara if not for Campbell's play. Maintaining that sort of play has been an issue all year. It's the hallmark of a young team - inconsistency.

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
                          This loss was on the players. We looked great in the 1st period but Niagara has a lot of talent and has always had RIT's number. We had just better hope we don't have to face them in the playoffs.
                          No matter what happens tonight, next weekend the Tigers face either SHU, AIC, or Bentley. Not the biggest hurdle to get over in order to make it to the BCA.

This years complaint is that we can't beat Niagara. A valid one because we haven't done that since the DIII days. Seems to me the big fear last year was we couldn't win at the BCA. If I remember correctly, that challenge was met quite nicely.... This year if Niagara stands in their way, then the Tigers will have to rise to the occasion and beat them. Of course all of us would feel a whole lot better if they had put that little task to bed last night. I know I felt pretty crappy about it when I lost the B2 connection right after the 4th goal. Just didn't have the stomach to flip over to WITR.
                          John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                          AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                          AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                          NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                          NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                          NCAA DII - 1983
                          NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Last night was ugly, so ugly that when they replayed it this morning, I couldn't watch!

Defense looked confused.
                            Bad passing all around.
                            Dump and chase didn't work for the offense.
                            Nobody was crashing the net.
                            Niagara did a hell of a job passing the puck in the offensive zone or even worse, when the defense failed and one of their forwards got in for a little one on one with Shane.
                            Didn't think Campbell would stand up to the onslaught after the first but he did.

So, putting that behind me now, here's hoping the team shows up for three periods tonight and gets out of there with 2 points just for lift they'll need going into the play-offs in two weeks.
                            RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

I don't see why everyone blames the players but the coach gets a pass. The players still have the same skill level. The problem is that other teams make adjustments during intermissions. Seems like RIT doesn't. That's the coach's job.

And yeah, we beat Denver and UNH last year. It was great. But Coach Wilson himself said that was a really great team that had jelled very well. And when we got to Detroit, boom - implosion. Wilson didn't have them ready to play against Wisconsin.

Yesterday, they were ready to play but had no answer once Niagara adjusted. I don't know much about coaching, but it seems like that's the coach's main job, isn't it?

Powers &8^]

Comment

I don't see why everyone blames the players but the coach gets a pass. The players still have the same skill level. The problem is that other teams make adjustments during intermissions. Seems like RIT doesn't. That's the coach's job.

And yeah, we beat Denver and UNH last year. It was great. But Coach Wilson himself said that was a really great team that had jelled very well. And when we got to Detroit, boom - implosion. Wilson didn't have them ready to play against Wisconsin.

Yesterday, they were ready to play but had no answer once Niagara adjusted. I don't know much about coaching, but it seems like that's the coach's main job, isn't it?

Powers &8^]
                                You must not have been watching very closely. Our players, short of the first 10 minutes of the game, were not playing up to their typical skill. The defense did not look good and the offense failed to capitalize on nearly every opportunity. Beyond that Madolora just didn't have it last night. Maybe he's getting worn down, maybe he just had a bad night, but he certainly was not the Madolora of a month ago last night. After two bad games in a row, I wonder if he gets to rest tonight?

Maybe Wilson made adjustments at half time, and the team just completely failed to execute, have you considered that?
                                RIT

Comment

Working...
                                X