>>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

I'm going to guess they're just giving some other players some play time, as we've already clinched.

I can't remember the last time Potts played...
    "Make-up call, thank you!"

Comment

Nice of them to show up tonight.

Comment

Reportedly Favot is day-to-day with an unknown injury. The other two, I suspect they just wanted to get Potts and Raibl some playing time.

Powers &8^]

Comment

any updates on the game? Live stats is not working.. by the way, womens' team won 4-1...

Comment

Currently 5-3 RoMo, Potts with two goals.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by RIT4life View Post
              any updates on the game? Live stats is not working.. by the way, womens' team won 4-1...
              Hockey East Online has a pretty good scoreboard running when games are being played in case you need a backup. They have both HE and National scores.

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/index.php

As for last night, it was a score I wouldn't want to follow.

Congrats to the women's team!
              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                Hockey East Online has a pretty good scoreboard running when games are being played in case you need a backup. They have both HE and National scores.

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/index.php

As for last night, it was a score I wouldn't want to follow.

Congrats to the women's team!
                Good to know such a thing exists, but that site design makes my head hurt.
                "Make-up call, thank you!"

Comment

Ken Campbell wrote an article that is in the back of the current THN, and it states reasons why Hockey is Awesome. One of the bullet points was about Tanev. Cant find a link, so i'll just type it out

Hockey is Awesome -Ken Campbell THN Feb 14,2011

-Feel good stories like that of Chris Tanev, who made his NHL debut with the Vancouver Canucks in Mid January. Tanev quit AAA hockey in Toronto to play High School at 15 because he was only 5'1" Defenseman playing bantam. After growing 6" in his midget year, he was undrafted in the Ontario League, so he played Junior A for three years before going to The Rochester Institute of Technology. After one year at RIT, he signed as a free agent with the Canucks and was called up from the Manitoba Moose at MId-Season...Awesome

Comment

Aside from the first period flurry, I don't think there was a lot of bad play. In fact, this loss may refocus the team - who knows. It's a good reminder for the playoffs that they can be beat.

I think for this weekend it will be good to get Jan the start for senior night and Shane the start on Saturday. Hopefully Favot will be ok to play for the weekend.
                    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2010 Frozen Four participant
                    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                      In fact, this loss may refocus the team - who knows. It's a good reminder for the playoffs that they can be beat.
                      As though the losses to AFA, NU, and AIC (gulp); along with the third period blown leads against UML, MC, and AFA weren't enough evidence of that to them? I know what you're getting at, but I'm guessing these guys should not have fallen into any kind of false air of invincibility. And I'm sure the coaching staff won't let them, either.
                      Can't we all just get along?
                      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

They hadn't lost a conference game since AIC until Saturday. Given the parody in the league, they were due. Get some points on Niagara and see what happens in the AHA tournament.
                        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2010 Frozen Four participant
                        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

They hadn't lost a conference game since AIC until Saturday. Given the parody in the league, they were due. Get some points on Niagara and see what happens in the AHA tournament.
                          I know Canisus is a parody, doesnt mean the loss was due.

I kid. Or do I?

Comment

In case folks haven't noticed, the game time for Friday's home game against Niagara is a little unusual due to the television schedule of CBS College Sports. It is a 7:35pm start time. Our WITR pregame will start at 7:15pm.

Also, be aware that the locker room expansion is scheduled to start this week, so it will be a bit of a maze to get to the east entrance to Ritter Arena. If you park in D lot, it is probably simpler to enter the arena using the west side entrance.
                            Scott Biggar
                            WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
                            Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

While not a fan of any loss, this one didn't seem to bother me too much. Next week will be a different story though and they need to come out firing in the first period or it will be a long night. I think Jan gets the start and holds them off, just need a few scores from the offense and we should be fine.

If we take three from Niagara, it will look good in the eyes of the pollsters.

Then we worry about the play-offs.
                              RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by slewwwwwfoot! View Post
                                Good to know such a thing exists, but that site design makes my head hurt.
                                Hockey East likes to brag : ) but yeah, it's information overload!
                                RIT Tigers

Comment

Working...
                                X