• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
    League leader in penalty minutes.
    D1 leader in tied games
    How exactly are these good things to brag about?

Record just short of matching last years wins at this time
    With four games left in the regular season in 2009-10, RIT had 18 wins. Currently this year, they have 15. And unless they get ridiculously hot again, the record of 28 set last year won't even be approached. In fact, the most wins they could get is 27, and that is if they win the National Championship (wow, wouldn't that be awesome )
    [/QUOTE]
    Can't we all just get along?
    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by slewwwwwfoot! View Post
      Well, we won. Personally I don't think we played all that well, but Canisius really gave us a hand by stinking up the joint.
      Don't think RIT played all that well???? What game were you watching?
      That was a masterpiece of team defense, IMHO. No, it wasn't an 8 goal outburst like last year. But they shut down, frustrated, and shut out an explosive offensive team which has the 09-10 AHA player of the year on their # 1 line. I just hope they can do it again on Sunday. That was quite an effort all the way around. The PK was awesome! The team defense was awesome! The goaltending was once again a rock. The only issue I saw was the continued power play inefficiency, although they didn't have all that many opportunities. As soon as that starts clicking, this team will go places.
      Can't we all just get along?
      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Based on today's results, if RIT gets at least a tie, RIT will clinch a bye for the first round.
        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2010 Frozen Four participant
        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
          How exactly are these good things to brag about?
          Okay, I was only kidding with that one but in my defense, I've harped on the stupid penalties they've taken all year long and how they need to cut down on them if they are to make it deep into the play-off's \ FF.

With four games left in the regular season in 2009-10, RIT had 18 wins. Currently this year, they have 15. And unless they get ridiculously hot again, the record of 28 set last year won't even be approached. In fact, the most wins they could get is 27, and that is if they win the National Championship (wow, wouldn't that be awesome )
          If you look at the regular season wins of 22 last year and if they win the remaining 4, they would be just shy of or 'just short' of 22.

If it wasn't for penalties in close games, how many more wins do you think RIT would have?

I'm thinking they would have won the 2nd AFA game.
          Last edited by blazer777; 02-13-2011, 05:12 AM.
          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

The only issue I saw was the continued power play inefficiency, although they didn't have all that many opportunities.
            One for two? What else do you want?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Anyone making the trip over to Buffalo today? I know I am!
              R I T HOCKEY
              Frozen Four
              Elite Eight
              NCAA Tournament
              2010-2015-2016
              RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                Anyone making the trip over to Buffalo today? I know I am!
                I'll be there!
                TIGERS HOCKEY
                Rochester Institute of Technology

Comment

Okay, I was only kidding with that one but in my defense, I've harped on the stupid penalties they've taken all year long and how they need to cut down on them if they are to make it deep into the play-off's \ FF.
                  RIT RARELY has that much more penalty minutes in a game than opponents. Yes, RIT could cut down on the retaliations, but at some point they need to defend themselves because the officials can't/won't call everything.
                  [QUOTEIf it wasn't for penalties in close games, how many more wins do you think RIT would have?

I'm thinking they would have won the 2nd AFA game.[/QUOTE]

Lack of effort after the 2st period cost them the second AFA (really the 3rd - they WON the second game 1-0 ) The penalties didn't help, but that wasn't the only reason.

Comment

Leader in ties is not a bad thing. It means we have a lot of experience playing in close games, and in overtime. Both of those factors could be very important going forward into the playoffs.

I'll be on the RIT Bus up to Buffalo today as well!
                    RIT

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                      RIT RARELY has that much more penalty minutes in a game than opponents. Yes, RIT could cut down on the retaliations, but at some point they need to defend themselves because the officials can't/won't call everything.
                      [QUOTEIf it wasn't for penalties in close games, how many more wins do you think RIT would have?

I'm thinking they would have won the 2nd AFA game.
                      Lack of effort after the 2st period cost them the second AFA (really the 3rd - they WON the second game 1-0 ) The penalties didn't help, but that wasn't the only reason.[/QUOTE]

I transposed these from the RIT website via Excel so I might have copied over something incorrectly but here are the last four years.

2010/2011 is turning out to be a bad year for 10 minute misconduct's if we keep picking them up. Funny how our OPP's increased this year too.

2010/2011 RIT OPP
                      Penalties 219 201
                      Minutes 591 593
                      10 Min Miscon 8 10

2009/2010 RIT OPP
                      Penalties 256 277
                      Minutes 600 636
                      10 Min Miscon 5 4

2008/2009 RIT OPP
                      Penalties 301 283
                      Minutes 681 593
                      10 Min Miscon 4 3

2007/2008 RIT OPP
                      Penalties 286 271
                      Minutes 701 661
                      10 Min Miscon 11 6

Here's to winning out the rest of the regular season and getting ready for the play-offs.
                      RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                        The problem with that is they do end up with more short-handed situations than power plays very often. Despite the stats below showing the other team with more PIMS and RIT with more misconducts, RIT has also been short-handed 33 more times than on the power play.

Comment

• Well we crushed canisius to assure first round bye. We were absolutely insane on the powerplay and Madolora actually was tested and made a lot of very epic saves. Two shutouts in a row and 5 on the season.

The only negative was Burt taking the majority of our penalties and continuing to cough up pucks.
                          RIT

Comment

Not only is the first round bye assured, the regular season title was clinched. At least a share of the regular season title four out of five years. That is simply amazing.

Comment

By my reckoning, Shane is now #1 in D1 in save percentage (.938) and GAA (1.818), not to mention 2nd in shutouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                                Well we crushed canisius to assure first round bye. We were absolutely insane on the powerplay and Madolora actually was tested and made a lot of very epic saves. Two shutouts in a row and 5 on the season

The only negative was Burt taking the majority of our penalties and continuing to cough up pucks.
                                nice win and nice showing by the fans. Witr called it Ritter west!
                                RIT Tigers

Comment

Working...
                                X