X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 59th Annual Beanpot Tournament

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    Over/under on BU games officiated by Benedetto: 1.5
    We've had him for our last four games! ENOUGH!

In truth, he's actually a very good official, and likely will be reffing one of two first round games and the championship since he's the best HE has to offer in terms of handling high profile games between teams that don't like each other. Rarely does a Benedetto-officiated game get physically out of hand. Cue response from Lowell fans. I just hope we all don't get stuck with some mopes from the ECAC.
    time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
      when 4,700+ Brown students came out and verbally berated Harvard for 3 hours.
      reported for racisim
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
        We've had him for our last four games! ENOUGH!

In truth, he's actually a very good official, and likely will be reffing one of two first round games and the championship since he's the best HE has to offer in terms of handling high profile games between teams that don't like each other. Rarely does a Benedetto-officiated game get physically out of hand. Cue response from Lowell fans. I just hope we all don't get stuck with some mopes from the ECAC.
        Slim pickings. I think Grav is the best HE has to offer for big games. Benedetto would be 2nd, but he still calls too many ticky tack penalties. My philosophy is anyone but Bunyon. Guy is a skating disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by stevef View Post
          reported for racism

Comment

Originally posted by j.d. View Post
            slim pickings. I think grav is the best he has to offer for big games. Benedetto would be 2nd, but he still calls too many ticky tack penalties. My philosophy is anyone but bunyon. Guy is a skating disaster.
            ABC... anyone but Conrad

And since Hache has been gone for a few years none of the current crews are the worst I've seen.

Comment

years ago.. was at Conte for a NU-BC gm.. the band started playing '3 blind mice..' as officials hit the ice..

(i forget which ref).. but that was pretty apt (and witty)
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                years ago.. was at Conte for a NU-BC gm.. the band started playing '3 blind mice..' as officials hit the ice..

(i forget which ref).. but that was pretty apt (and witty)
                I miss that. Used to do it before the start of each period. Forget when it stopped officially, but it had to have been around five years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  I miss that. Used to do it before the start of each period. Forget when it stopped officially, but it had to have been around five years ago.
                  Way less than 5 years, I know I heard them play it at the 08-09 Beanpot.

Comment

Can't do it with the 4 ref system now anyway... of course, with the new video preview BC has that starts before the refs get on the ice it's not like the band would be allowed to play during that anyway.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Although BC matches up favorably against this years BU team, I have to give BU the edge this Monday. If BC brings their cycling game, their back pressure, and their quick transition game Monday, then they will beat BU by 4 goals. However, I don't feel it and BU is due for a win against BC. It's been too long and Jack is too good at begging his team to avoid the third place game. Unfortunately I see BU win a tight game with Millan in 2009 form. BC out shoots BU by 15 shots, but BU wins a 1 goal game.

Comment

Originally posted by carmine scarpaglia View Post
                        can't do it with the 4 ref system now anyway... Of course, with the new wwe entrance music videos bc has that starts before the refs get on the ice it's not like the band would be allowed to play during that anyway.
                        fyp

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                          Can't do it with the 4 ref system now anyway
                          Ha, didn't think of that. When did the two ref system start?

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                            Can't do it with the 4 ref system now anyway... of course, with the new video preview BC has that starts before the refs get on the ice it's not like the band would be allowed to play during that anyway.
                            i liked the 3 blind mice too but prefer the video preview much more. a great addition IMO

Comment

You all are teh suck. What happened to the good ol' days where we made fun of everyone else and NOT ourselves? When did everyone become so complacent with everything that we make fun of ourselves and ignore the fact that this is a sacred tourney that crushes the spirits of everyone except the fanboys and the refs (because we all know what favors Jackie boy gives the refs)? Where is the real hatred for all things bu and bc? Where is the legit smack talk between those two? It's a happy go lucky love fest between everyone and I, for one, am about to puke. This thread is disgusting. Everyone here should be ashamed of themselves. College Hockey in Boston right now blows. I love the 'pot and NU, but this thread is pathetic. All of you can go suck it.

-Chickens
                              Originally posted by Bakunin
                              Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                                College Hockey in Boston right now blows.
                                Yeah, and none of the teams from around here have even won anything relevant lately.

Northeastern kids are dumb, and their winter underground tunnel system just furthers the wussification of America. There, I said it.

Comment

Working...
                                X