Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 59th Annual Beanpot Tournament

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
    That's fine, it shows how low class BUers are. I'm pretty sure if anyone made a Travis Roy joke you wouldn't see it the same way...
    And here we go...

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      Not that I really care if people make fun of it or not but... Do you have any examples of comedians that have made jokes about children getting molested by priests and getting a ton of laughs? Just curious. Maybe there is something on youtube? I haven't seen a routine on stage that made a joke of something like this and my gut feeling is that people probably wouldn't think it's funny.
      http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...ilepriests.htm

As for Slasher, there usually happens to be a difference when jokes are made about a specific person. Humor is complicated. That's really all I got. Being outraged at humor on a hockey board just seems like a waste of typing.

Comment

clicking reload every 30 seconds on "Shatty's" twitter page.
        Silly Nick. Shatty doesn't have a twitter page.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by ActionJoe View Post

As for Slasher, there usually happens to be a difference when jokes are made about a specific person. Humor is complicated. That's really all I got. Being outraged at humor on a hockey board just seems like a waste of typing.
          That's fine. Let the record show, I would never make taunts about "parapalegic hockey players" and considering I've never heard such a vile thing at a BC game, clearly my fellow BC fans feel the same way. It's what makes BC fans better than BU 'fans'.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
            Silly Nick. Shatty doesn't have a twitter page.
            Yeah he does, it's under "OMFG Shatty!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ActionJoe View Post

Ok, that was funny. You win.

Of course, not really the same as BU fans chanting "your priest touched you" or whatever it was, but... it is what it is says Bill Belichick. I'll gladly admit defeat on this one if you all admit you think it's funny to chant something like that at a BC hockey game.

FL, my bad. I'll make a note next time I make fun of you guys and will be sure to change it to C Cohen instead.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

BC and BU still complaining at each other... *quietly sits in corner waiting for Championship game that doesn't involve BU*
                Northeastern Huskies Class of 2012

Comment

It's what makes BC fans better than BU 'fans'.
                  You're ridiculous. I thought only BU fan boys argued over who had better fans or not. Both sides have idiots, both sides have great fans. But guess what, a majority are all perfectly reasonable. But if you want to claim superiority because one chant offended you, go ahead.

Comment

That's fine. Let the record show, I would never make taunts about "parapalegic hockey players" and considering I've never heard such a vile thing at a BC game, clearly my fellow BC fans feel the same way. It's what makes BC fans better than BU 'fans'.
                    We had to start moderating comments on our blog because people were making Travis Roy "jokes." And I don't think it's a coincidence that it happened right after the BC weekend in Dec. We still get one or two every now and then that someone thinks we're going to be stupid enough to let through. I've also seen distasteful comments regarding Roy posted on these forums before, including at least one by a BC fan I won't name. It's sickening. I understand that it's probably only one or two bad apples, but I just wanted to point out that not all BC fans are as classy as you think.
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Not that I really care if people make fun of it or not but... Do you have any examples of comedians that have made jokes about children getting molested by priests and getting a ton of laughs? Just curious. Maybe there is something on youtube? I haven't seen a routine on stage that made a joke of something like this and my gut feeling is that people probably wouldn't think it's funny.

That's fine, it shows how low class BUers are. I'm pretty sure if anyone made a Travis Roy joke you wouldn't see it the same way...
                      If Travis Roy started molesting little kids who he was trusted to oversee, then you're free to joke away!

See, the difference in a joke is "subject" vs. "object," or, in other words, who does what vs. who is the recipient of the action. Travis Roy was the victim of a horrible accident. He didn't decide to play around or go mountain biking; he was simply playing hockey and was paralyzed (think of the goaltender who got slashed on his neck, another case where he was the victim of something out of his control). Since then, he's gone on to help people with research and speaking about overcoming obstacles.

Catholic priests, on the other hands, molested kids. Then, when they were done molesting kids (who were put into his care, thus scarring them for life), denied it, kept molesting other kids, and if enough kids complained, the priests would be moved to a new parish, or as they liked to call it "fertile ground." I have absolutely no sympathy for these priests, or the organization for letting it happen. I say they deserve the scorn. But no one's making fun of the kid, here.

And as Christopher Titus once said (when saying the Church hasn't stepped up): "If I have offended or angered anyone, all you have to do is give me the pro- raping little kids side of the argument."
                      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                      ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Child molestation if funny? Sick *******
                        People have been joking about this for years now. South Park has made numerous episodes ripping on the Catholic church because of the scandal, the Daily Show continues to make jokes about it every now and then, and comedians still make fun of it. Not only that many series TV shows have covered the topic. If you don't like it don't laugh at it.

Comment

Racist and homophobic jokes = ok; pedophile priest jokes = not ok

Comment

a change of subject is needed

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                              might as well be after BC craps all over your sad little team in a few days
                              i wouldn't be surprised to find a flaming bag of dog *#&$ on your front steps within the next few days. god i love poop jokes.
                              Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                a change of subject is needed
                                Let's talk about NEU's Dog pound.
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X