Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 59th Annual Beanpot Tournament

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
    A good team? BC is an irrelevant football program.
    So irrelevant that BC's 54-0 thumping of the NU football team last year allowed the NU administration to realize how bad their football program actually is and caused them to can it!
    Boston College '12
    1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Ahahahahhah. Good one. You sound like a fanboy. They play in a BCS conference, have played in conference championship games recently, have been ranked as high as #2 nationally fairly recently (oh but that didn't count!) and place a lot of good players into the NFL.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        Those two points gave her the all-time BC record.
        Did it count when she scored with...

Oh nevermind

Originally posted by JD View Post
        Since we're on the topic of the Women's Beanpot, I figured I'd randomly mention that it came to my attention that Phil Kessel has a sister playing at Minnesota. Needless to say I looked her up on the Gopher roster and found a video interview with her. She looks pretty good IMO. I feared she would look like a female version of Phil, but not the case.
        Was wondering where you were going with that one...

Comment

Irrelevant programs don't get the axe like your program did.

Comment

Originally posted by bcfan131 View Post
            So irrelevant that BC's 54-0 thumping of the NU football team last year allowed the NU administration to realize how bad their football program actually is and caused them to can it!
            Yes. Beating a woefully irrelevant and timely cut fotball program doesn't make the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl legitimate now does it? I will say, Matt Ryan turned out to be a very good NFL QB but even he couldn't lead you to a BCS Bowl.
            Last edited by SkinsFan09; 02-09-2011, 10:04 AM.
            Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
            Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

If BC's football program is "irrelevant" what does that make NU's hockey program?

Comment

Originally posted by bignick33 View Post
                If BC's football program is "irrelevant" what does that make NU's hockey program?
                Right at about the same level honestly. Lower even.
                Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Did you expect me to get offended? I'm a Redskins fan under 30, futility and irrelevance is nothing new to me. NU hockey is what it is.
                  Northeastern Huskies

Comment

here we go again, another old and tired one.........ask NFL scouts if they feel the BC football program is irrelevant

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      here we go again, another old and tired one.........ask NFL scouts if they feel the BC football program is irrelevant
                      BC has produced good players but then so has Marshall and Mississippi Valley State. The ACC is a basketball conference (and BC basketball is a very good program) with two football powers who have taken the decade off (Miami and FSU and you can add GT if you want as they were the best of the best 20 years ago). Anyway, I'm glad you at least defend your football program. Didn't mean to create such a ruckus. Back to arguments about chants in TD Garden.

My definition of relevant probably could be altered since there are so many NCAA FB teams. For example in the NBA, there are never more than say 6 relevant teams. This year - Celtics, Lakers, Heat, Spurs and I guess the Bulls and Thunder...no other teams will be in the Finals come June. Rest of the league is filler.
                      Last edited by SkinsFan09; 02-09-2011, 10:34 AM.
                      Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                        I dont think that is new this year... actually kind of funny in a very off color sort of way... not a lot of "class" in that chant no... but no less classy than telling other schools they suck etc, which every student section does.
                        Agree to disagree. I think an inappropriate chant involving priests/kids is far worse than any generic "this school sucks" chant.

Yes. Beating a woefully irrelevant and timely cut fotball program doesn't make the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl legitimate now does it? I will say, Matt Ryan turned out to be a very good NFL QB but even he couldn't lead you to a BCS Bowl.
                        Just because they haven't reached a BCS game, doesn't mean they are "irrelevant".

Comment

SkinsFan09... BC football does pretty well with the resources they get (boosters, funding, heck even the weather).

Of course they're not a Alabama or Auburn (not sure they want to be). With a good sports/academic mix, i think they've found a solid niche (somewhat like Notre Dame or Stanford), but on a smaller scale. In our area, they're as decent as coll f'ball gets & it ain't all bad .

Now BC hockey.. sieve, sieve, sieve.. Muse must lose Monday.
                          GO NU HOCKEY
                          Always bullish on the future.
                          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                            SkinsFan09... BC football does pretty well with the resources they get (boosters, funding, heck even the weather).

Of course they're not a Alabama or Auburn (not sure they want to be). With a good sports/academic mix, i think they've found a solid niche (somewhat like Notre Dame or Stanford), but on a smaller scale. In our area, they're as decent as coll f'ball gets & it ain't all bad .

Now BC hockey.. sieve, sieve, sieve.. Muse must lose Monday.
                            Just depends on one's definition of relevant. Given the college football landscape, they are "relevant." In terms of being a consistent national power that will challenge yearly for a conference title and national title they are not.

I would consider BC basketball very relevant. And yes, considering NCAA football is the most corrupt sport in America, they do well.
                            Northeastern Huskies

Comment

In terms of being a consistent national power that will challenge yearly for a conference title and national title they are not.
                              Well ya, I don't think anyone expects BC football to compete for a national title. But, at the same time, they can compete for the ACC title on a consistent basis. What I mean by that is they've done a good job of being in the mix almost every year for a shot at reaching the ACC title game.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Well ya, I don't think anyone expects BC football to compete for a national title. But, at the same time, they can compete for the ACC title on a consistent basis. What I mean by that is they've done a good job of being in the mix almost every year for a shot at reaching the ACC title game.
                                Agreed. I really didn't mean to start all this. The one poster said basically why don't all those fans at the Beanpot go to their football games and I meant, well, they aren't a USC or Wisconsin so they aren't going to pack 80,000 into a stadium every week, well, like 45,000 in BC's case. The basketball program made the NCAA Tournament almost every year the past decade, so yeah they are going to be more popular.

As for the ACC title, I don't know what the heck happened to Miami and Florida St. this past decade but as long as they are going to be shells of their former selves, I'd have no problem with BC beating VTech for the conference title to shut my friends up about the Hokies.
                                Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Working...
                                X