• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 59th Annual Beanpot Tournament

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
    facebook stalking session
    that would be this guy:

*****http://i1087.***********.com/albums/j472/slurpee387/tonythetiger.jpg******
    time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
      We interupt this facebook stalking session for an important announcement. I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen.

a special congratulations are in order for bu captain, joe pereira. who, by my count, becomes the first terrier to play in two beanpot consolation games since (presumably) someone in 1983. couldn't happen to a better player!
      LOL, this made me laugh.
      Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
      Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
        that would be this guy:

*****http://i1087.***********.com/albums/j472/slurpee387/tonythetiger.jpg******
        Yeah, becuase you stalking him on Facebook is any better than him talking to a player on his college's team................
        BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
        National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
        Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Regarding chants from Monday, I did appreciate BU's "Sunday school" response to BC's safety school chant.

For next Monday, I know BC bought some of NU's tickets which should make for some entertainment if intoxicated freshman from each school are mixed in the same section.
          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
            The student turnout (and general turnout) over at Conte all year has been a very pleasant surprise. There has to be three times as many students at the home games this year than in years past.
            I would imagine that sometime this summer BC's football coach will pull Jerry York aside and ask him what the secret is.
            Chris V
            Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
              I would imagine that sometime this summer BC's football coach will pull Jerry York aside and ask him what the secret is.
              don't understand this, the student turnout at football games is phenomenal. 7000 out of 9000 undergrads attend from an article i read. now some may not stay past halftime, but they do attend and the % of students who attend is very high, close to the top nationally in this ranking (yes, there are other factors why it's high)

and SteveF, you are right. the students can chant all the old , lame chants all they want if they continue to show up in these numbers. to say i am beyond thrilled by this development is an understatement

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                don't understand this, the student turnout at football games is phenomenal. 7000 out of 9000 undergrads attend from an article i read. now some may not stay past halftime, but they do attend and the % of students who attend is very high, close to the top nationally in this ranking (yes, there are other factors why it's high)
                Oh, I don't mean to imply any negativity toward students, but you're talking about 7,000 people in a 45,000-seat stadium. What I'm most disappointed by are the lack of 'Others' (to revisit a term from the show LOST). The alumni. The people presumably with the means (read: $$$) to attend games both home & away (not to mention Bowls) yet choose not to go. BC suffers from a reputation of 'Not Travelling Well,' and I blame alumni rather than the students (who would surely go if they weren't strapped for cash like most are).
                Chris V
                Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                  Regarding chants from Monday, I did appreciate BU's "Sunday school" response to BC's safety school chant.

For next Monday, I know BC bought some of NU's tickets which should make for some entertainment if intoxicated freshman from each school are mixed in the same section.
                  Did not know about the "sunday school" chant, but I have to say, that's awesome. Finally, something new and creative from the bu student section. Who'd of thought that would ever happen?
                  Originally posted by Bakunin
                  Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post

I'm probably missing a really obvious recent one, but when was the last time the beanpot provided a BIG upset? It seems to me the tourney has lost that element of it's luster.
                    Perhaps 1999, when a really bad BU team knocked off BC in the first round.
                    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
                      More nostalgic for the thumping we gave bc in the first round in 09.... ah happy memories.
                      I have a feeling the senior's on this BC team remember that game well, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                        Did not know about the "sunday school" chant, but I have to say, that's awesome. Finally, something new and creative from the bu student section. Who'd of thought that would ever happen?
                        I believe the BU students chanted that at least last year, too. Perhaps even earlier than that.
                        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                          I believe the BU students chanted that at least last year, too. Perhaps even earlier than that.
                          They chanted that at Conte before they had their butts handed to them. This year's BU fanboy seems to have a very anti-religious theme to them. My favorite part of that night was hearing a bunch of them taunt BC fans outside of the rink with "pedophile priest" chants. Classy bunch as always. Remember, the consolation game is at 4;30, not 5. Get your facepaint started early if you want to be there on time.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                            I have a feeling the senior's on this BC team remember that game well, too.
                            Agreed, weird in the last 5 Beanpots this will only be the 2nd time we've played them.

Edit: The fanboys definitely do have some anti-religious thing going this year. Nothing like chanting your priests touch you on the way out after losing to your rival for the 4th time in 2 months.

Comment

Oh, I don't mean to imply any negativity toward students, but you're talking about 7,000 people in a 45,000-seat stadium. What I'm most disappointed by are the lack of 'Others' (to revisit a term from the show LOST). The alumni. The people presumably with the means (read: $$$) to attend games both home & away (not to mention Bowls) yet choose not to go. BC suffers from a reputation of 'Not Travelling Well,' and I blame alumni rather than the students (who would surely go if they weren't strapped for cash like most are).
                              I think the bigger issues with attendance at BC Football is accessability and that goes beyond alumni. If it were easier to go, park, tailgate etc, they would get a lot more casual fans (local people non alumni i mean) at the games. Not sure there is anything that can be done about it given the location and the snotty newton neighbors that raise a stink about anything BC Football related.

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                              chanting your priests touch you.
                              I dont think that is new this year... actually kind of funny in a very off color sort of way... not a lot of "class" in that chant no... but no less classy than telling other schools they suck etc, which every student section does.

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                              Perhaps 1999, when a really bad BU team knocked off BC in the first round.
                              That would be the closest I could think of to a big upset in recent Beanpot history.. even that is over a decade ago... and even so, somehow it never really seems like an upset when BU or BC beat each other, regardless of what they have done to that point in the season.

Comment

A good team? BC is an irrelevant football program.
                                Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                                Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X