Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 59th Annual Beanpot Tournament

Hey Everyone,

Biz Jacobs and Tim Rosenthal have videos up from last nights games. The first features the Northeastern and Harvard Press Conferences via Biz:

Here's another video from Rosie featuring Tommy Cross after the postgame pressers:

Have a great day!

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
      The tipped goal article was especially hilarious considering their only year of relevance in the past decade and a half was entirely based off lucky bounces and of course an extremely questionable review at the garden.
      And you once again prove how remarkably dumb you are.

And learn to tell time, there were two penalties in the last 10 minutes, one of which, the cross check on coyle, was the correct call.
      Last edited by slurpees; 02-08-2011, 09:54 AM.
      time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
        A few quick hits before I go to class (will probably have more to say later):

-All 3 BC goals deflected off BU players.
        looked to me that only the first goal really changed course. the other 2 looked as though the path was not affected, at least to these aging eyeballs

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          I thought Coyle was fantastic last night. BC looked pretty weak on the boards and he was one of those strong BU players along the wall making BC look bad in the times where BC struggled. If his line's not producing, maybe it's the other two guys?
          thought so too, he was excellent

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            looked to me that only the first goal really changed course. the other 2 looked as though the path was not affected, at least to these aging eyeballs
            all three were tipped, I was sitting directly behind the path of the game winner and it was absolutely tipped. also looked on replay that #2 went off something as well.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
              And learn to tell time, there were two penalties in the last 10 minutes, one of which, the cross check on coyle, was the correct call.
              In the last 12:27, happy? Enjoy splitting hairs at the NU invitational.

Comment

One thing....How about that crowd last night. The BC student section was the biggest I have ever seen, basically 5 full sections. BU students had 3 1/2 I thought they were not as lod as usual until 10 minutes left in the 3rd. In the ned, it was a great crowd/atmosphere last night at the Garden, hopefully we get the same things in the fina.
                BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES: 2010 2008 2001 1949

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                  Over the past 15 years (JY tenure), I wish I had a buck for every goal BC has scored against BU that starts by winning a PP faceoff in the BU d-zone, circle around to point man, nice hard shot from the point, goal on the shot or rebound.
                  We all call a home run once in a while (if you say it enough it comes true periodically) but that icing just came at a bad time and it felt like a huge mistake. The announcers did a great job of foreshadowing the subsequent goal. It was a lazy play on BU that started it and they just wandered around 5 feet behind the puck until it was in the net.

And of all the teams in the world to not complain about tipped goals, BU needs to keep silent on that until the 2009 NC game winner is further in the rearview mirror.
                  I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

all three were tipped, I was sitting directly behind the path of the game winner and it was absolutely tipped. also looked on replay that #2 went off something as well.
                    i wasn't saying they werent, i just think only the first really changed it's path to the net, the other 2 didnt seem like the tip caused the direction to be changed so much that it was the reason for the goal. looked to me like those were going to be goals even if they weren't tipped, that's all i was saying

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                      We all call a home run once in a while (if you say it enough it comes true periodically) but that icing just came at a bad time and it felt like a huge mistake. The announcers did a great job of foreshadowing the subsequent goal. It was a lazy play on BU that started it and they just wandered around 5 feet behind the puck until it was in the net.

And of all the teams in the world to not complain about tipped goals, BU needs to keep silent on that until the 2009 NC game winner is further in the rearview mirror.
                      I don't see anyone complaining about tipped goals, just stating that they were indeed tipped. Tipped goals are part of the game.

Comment

I don't see anyone complaining about tipped goals, just stating that they were indeed tipped. Tipped goals are part of the game.
                        It's bullcrap I say! Tipped goals shouldn't count! I mean... come on... you put your stick in almost the exact right place to stop the shot and it ends up deflecting into the goal? That's just not fair! Jerry York must have paid the pucks or something! Game shouldn't count for anything with all those crazy deflections, NC$$ should definitely look into this...
                        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

i wasn't saying they werent, i just think only the first really changed it's path to the net, the other 2 didnt seem like the tip caused the direction to be changed so much that it was the reason for the goal. looked to me like those were going to be goals even if they weren't tipped, that's all i was saying
                          Ah ok, that makes sense. I'll agree with that, the first one was the only one that had a major directional change.

Comment

Originally posted by jamie9248922 View Post
                            One thing....How about that crowd last night. The BC student section was the biggest I have ever seen, basically 5 full sections. BU students had 3 1/2 I thought they were not as loud as usual until 10 minutes left in the 3rd. In the ned, it was a great crowd/atmosphere last night at the Garden, hopefully we get the same things in the final.
                            we won't, IMO, it's not against BU...... i noticed the same thing about the BC student turnout. i was in second row sec 322 and there were 2 sections full to either side of me, 322 being the epicenter. the past 4 i have been to we had 2 1/2 -3 sections full.......

Comment

Happy Grounddog Day everyone. Came a little early this year.

I'm happy to report that Rhett came out of Egganus Arena this morning at 7:25 and with the cloudy weather above and the fanboy tears raining down on the greater Boston area, did not see his shadow. Therefore, BU's season will be ending early this year. So sad!
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

i was in second row sec 322 and there were 2 sections full to either side of me, 322 being the epicenter
                                i thought the fanboys were bad, but even they dont compare their student section to forces of nature

Comment

Working...
                                X