Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 59th Annual Beanpot Tournament

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
    Yeah... 12 penalty minutes between the two teams during a game that went into overtime... really exerting their influence there!
    Yeah, because I was certainly basing my opinion on one game.

Yay logic!
    BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
    National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
    Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
      Yeah, because I was certainly basing my opinion on one game.

Yay logic!
      Was inferring that since you commented after THIS game on THIS thread you were referring in some way to THIS game... There is logic there!

While we're at it.... I like popcorn? But not cotton candy.
      Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Was the call on Ruikka in OT bad? seemed pretty flagrant from where I was... Far more cussing directed at Ruikka from my mouth than at the ref.
        Didn't look like much of a penalty to me, but it was set up by their previous calls against BC.

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        from my vantage point right above it, the second one was a cross check on samuelsson ................was it me or was this a not too special game from Alber?as the game progressed i worried every time he had the puck
        Agree on Alber. Had some struggles out there...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Agree on Alber. Had some struggles out there...
          As a Caps fan I was liking how Wey looked, has he been sharp all year?
          Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

Comment

In other news: OMGZ BC ON THE FRONT PAGE OF BUSCHO!!! SMOKE AND MIRRORS!!!
            Let's go Terriers!

Comment

Not sure if anyone else at the game noticed this, but when the teams came out for the 3rd period, the announcer said "Your Eagles. And your Huskies." That is pretty bad, considering he's the BU announcer!

Comment

NU was still on the front page up until an hour ago. And they wrote an article about McLaughlin stepping up. I was beginning to think the website had become NUSCHO!
                Boston College '12
                1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Top right corner: BU jersey. They're just trying to disguise their love of putting up BU pics since BC posters are on to them

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                    It's interesting to note that since Brad Zancanaro said "we don't play in consolation games" in 2006, BC has won both semifinal meetings against BU in the Beanpot.
                    Zancanaro may have said this, but I remember it being Peter MacArthur from the 2008 semifinal vs. BC (which BU lost, by the way, and DID end up in the consolation game).

Comment

As a Caps fan I was liking how Wey looked, has he been sharp all year?
                      Yes. Have to be honest that I did not expect this big a jump from him considering how much time he missed last year. He's been very steady.

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                      Not sure if anyone else at the game noticed this, but when the teams came out for the 3rd period, the announcer said "Your Eagles. And your Huskies." That is pretty bad, considering he's the BU announcer!
                      I just like how Quebec becomes "Kweebeck"

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        I do have to take one tiny little shot...

I hope FL gets some quotes from Joe Pereira
                        “This was a playoff game,” said BU co-captain Joe Pereira. “It hurts [to lose]. This one stings.

i wonder if he could do it all over again, would he still have given us those 6 points if he knew his team would choke away this one.
                        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

There's a good gag me piece by Weighart up. I think Millan should be on the front page

Comment

lol, but on the right where it says "latest" as in latest news, there is this

http://www.uscho.com/2011/02/07/tips...on-university/
                            Last edited by sterlippo1; 02-08-2011, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                              “This was a playoff game,” said BU co-captain Joe Pereira. “It hurts [to lose]. This one stings..
                              Playoff game?! Let's not beat around the bush... it was the National Championship Semi-Final!
                              Let's go Terriers!

Comment

Playoff game?! Let's not beat around the bush... it was the National Championship Semi-Final!
                                Well... Kinda. I mean... at least for us at UMass Roxbury.
                                Originally posted by Bakunin
                                Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Working...
                                X