The 59th Annual Beanpot Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 59th Annual Beanpot Tournament

I have been saying this for a while Gravellese and Benedetto should both be canned. Both love to influence games, get involved and more or less make the game about them. It's terrible, no one comes to the game to see these two bumbling idiots. It's one thing to call ticky-tack penalties it's another to influence/change the outcome of games. Get rid of these two bums.
    BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
    National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
    Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
      I have been saying this for a while Gravellese and Benedetto should both be canned. Both love to influence games, get involved and more or less make the game about them. It's terrible, no one comes to the game to see these two bumbling idiots. It's one thing to call ticky-tack penalties it's another to influence/change the outcome of games. Get rid of these two bums.
      Yeah... 12 penalty minutes between the two teams during a game that went into overtime... really exerting their influence there!
      Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Wow just watched the replay, comical how it wasn't called a goal -but then again isn't that par for the course?

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
          Yeah... 12 penalty minutes between the two teams during a game that went into overtime... really exerting their influence there!
          How many questionable powerplays did BU get in the 3rd?

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
            Wow just watched the replay, comical how it wasn't called a goal -but then again isn't that par for the course?
            Heard it was pretty bad, haven't seen it yet though.... did BC get Lowelled?
            Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

Comment

How many questionable powerplays did BU get in the 3rd?
              Hitting from behind was pretty obvious as was one of the cross checks... so at most 1?

Just seems to me after a game with so few penalties (where there easily could have been more called) if you want to complain about poor officiating (like a missed call on a goal) that's one thing, but over-involvement seems to be the wrong complaint. That's all I was saying.
              Let's go Terriers!

Comment

Heard it was pretty bad, haven't seen it yet though.... did BC get Lowelled?
                Few things will ever be that bad.

Re: The Penalties: Will watch again

For 1 team to get 3 straight powerplays in a tie game in the last 10 minutes, several of which were extremely questionable....
                Last edited by claver2010; 02-07-2011, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Few things will ever be that bad.

Re: The Penalties: Will watch again
                  I could be wrong about them, not exactly the best vantage point up there. But it certainly didn't seem like the refs were too involved (unless maybe it got a crunch time and Parker slipped them some money?)... no complaints about any of the calls on BU.
                  Let's go Terriers!

Comment

That's the thing...up until the fiasco towards the end of the game, they had done a decent job of letting things go and at the same time not letting the game get out of hand.

Hitting from behind was pretty obvious as was one of the cross checks... so at most 1?

Just seems to me after a game with so few penalties (where there easily could have been more called) if you want to complain about poor officiating (like a missed call on a goal) that's one thing, but over-involvement seems to be the wrong complaint. That's all I was saying.
                    Didn't see a replay of the 2nd BC cross-check, but the first one was just a terrible call. No other way to say it. I think there was certainly over-involvement at the end of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Didn't see a replay of the 2nd BC cross-check, but the first one was just a terrible call. No other way to say it. I think there was certainly over-involvement at the end of the game.
                      Honestly don't remember the first one which is why I left it out of my list-of-decent-calls... still... one over zealous call in a game from college refs? Pretty alright!
                      Let's go Terriers!

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                        I hate to be a buzzkill but BU played fairly well tonight. BC didn't look that great for long stretches. BU forced BC into some sloppy plays. Most importantly, I thought BU had all the jump to the loose pucks and they looked strong on the boards for long stretches. I think they played with heart, just lost to a better team.
                        completely agree. they have played incrementally better in each of the four games, this by far the best . it seemed they took away all the open space on the ice and were great in the corners where BC usually excels ............... it really was just a phenomenal college hockey game

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                          Sounds like how BU won the NC 2 years ago!
                          Congrats BC, good luck in the final.
                          lol, excellent point

Comment

Honestly don't remember the first one which is why I left it out of my list-of-decent-calls... still... one over zealous call in a game from college refs? Pretty alright!
                            True, but it's the timing that was the problem. Like I said, if they don't make those calls on BC at the end of the 3rd, they don't make that call on BU in OT (bad call).

Comment

True, but it's the timing that was the problem. Like I said, if they don't make those calls on BC at the end of the 3rd, they don't make that call on BU in OT (bad call).
                              Was the call on Ruikka in OT bad? seemed pretty flagrant from where I was... Far more cussing directed at Ruikka from my mouth than at the ref.
                              Let's go Terriers!

Comment

from my vantage point right above it, the second one was a cross check on samuelsson ................was it me or was this a not too special game from Alber?as the game progressed i worried every time he had the puck

Comment

Working...
                                X