The 59th Annual Beanpot Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 59th Annual Beanpot Tournament

It's interesting to note that since Brad Zancanaro said "we don't play in consolation games" in 2006, BC has won both semifinal meetings against BU in the Beanpot.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
      Even the worst BU teams never got swept by BC in my memory. This team has the heart of an ant .
      I hate to be a buzzkill but BU played fairly well tonight. BC didn't look that great for long stretches. BU forced BC into some sloppy plays. Most importantly, I thought BU had all the jump to the loose pucks and they looked strong on the boards for long stretches. I think they played with heart, just lost to a better team.
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by kbz View Post
        Were all three of BC's goals scored by BU? I have Warsofsky definitely deflecting the first, Escobedo I'm pretty sure deflected the second, and I think Clendening deflected the winner. .
        Sounds like how BU won the NC 2 years ago!
        Congrats BC, good luck in the final.

Comment

Originally posted by kbz View Post
          Were all three of BC's goals scored by BU? I have Warsofsky definitely deflecting the first, Escobedo I'm pretty sure deflected the second, and I think Clendening deflected the winner. Can't fault Millan. Also, I was thinking that it was great that BU was staying out of the box and then, of course, a stupid penalty by Ruikka.
          I'm not sure about the second, but I don't think that there was a deflection on the third goal. Nice screen, though.

Can't do anything about the first; just a bad hop. Congrats to BC on the victory, and a tip of the cap to BU for playing a good game defensively, but still not able to score on a power play.
          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
          ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
            I hate to be a buzzkill but BU played fairly well tonight. BC didn't look that great for long stretches. BU forced BC into some sloppy plays. Most importantly, I thought BU had all the jump to the loose pucks and they looked strong on the boards for long stretches. I think they played with heart, just lost to a better team.
            Agree. I can understand Jofa's frustration, but I think BU fans should be encouraged with how they've improved against BC in every meeting and especially with how they competed on the big stage tonight. You can't just look at in a vacuum. This BC team was supposed to be better than BU. Doesn't always work out that way, but if BC goes 4-0 against BU next year, then I'd really be concerned with Parker...

Anyway, not a great performance from BC, but they certainly showed some heart and balls when they needed to. A sign of a champion. I think this is only the 2nd time ever BC has won back-to-back semifinal meetings against BU.

Comment

Is this the first time BC has ever beaten BU 4 times in a row? I thought I read before the game that it had never happened before.

BC gets their 20th win tonight as well, the 2nd team in the country to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                Sounds like how BU won the NC 2 years ago!
                Congrats BC, good luck in the final.
                Hey, at least the first 3 goals in that game came directly off BU sticks.

I haven't been bothered to look at BC's overall pp stats, but they have looked lethal to us. Game was over when Ruikka went to the box. Was actually a decent game by BU, they're just too prone to lapses and BC is certainly built to take advantage. Congrats BC.
                Last edited by candycanes99; 02-07-2011, 10:40 PM.
                Boston University 2009 Champs
                Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Is this the first time BC has ever beaten BU 4 times in a row? I thought I read before the game that it had never happened before.
                  In one season? Or overall? I think BC now has a five game winning streak over BU overall.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    In one season? Or overall? I think BC now has a five game winning streak over BU overall.
                    Maybe it was was that they have never done it 5 in a row? I don't know. I'm sure BC or HE will put that in their game notes if it was true. Or Federal League since he's better than some professional writers (cough cough Nancy cough).

Comment

I had the same question as Carmine. I can't recall beating BU all four RS games in the 15 or so years I've been following it.
                      Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Can't believe I just did this... if Wikipedia is close to accurate...

BC winning streaks vs BU of 4 or more games:

1918-1923
                        1940 - 1943 (8 games)
                        1948 - 1949 (5 games)
                        1953 - 1957 (8 games)
                        1979 - 1981 (5 games)
                        1986 - 1987 (4 games)
                        2001 (4 games)
                        2003 - 2004 (4 games)
                        2010 - 2011 (5 games dating back to last year's Beanpot final)

Overall great game tonight, 2nd period (especially the 2nd half) was one of the most exciting period of hockey I've seen in awhile. Give us one more game... we can beat you guys!
                        Last edited by quiddlet; 02-07-2011, 10:47 PM.
                        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

I do have to take one tiny little shot...

I hope FL gets some quotes from Joe Pereira

Comment

It should be noted that this is an official W/L for NCAA purposes since the GWG was within 5:00.
                            Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                              It should be noted that this is an official W/L for NCAA purposes since the GWG was within 5:00.
                              Since it's 20 minute sudden death, it only goes in the book as a W for one team and an L for the other. No ties.

BTW, the stat must be number of consecutive wins for BC over BU in one season.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                BTW, the stat must be number of consecutive wins for BC over BU in one season.
                                Still looks like that happened 03-04 and 86-87

86: Dec 2 @ Boston Garden, Dec 6 @ WBA
                                87: Jan 20 @ Boston Garden, Jan 23 @ WBA

03: Dec 5 @ Conte
                                04: Jan 16 @ Conte, Jan 17 @ WBA, Feb 9 Beanpot

Again going by Wikipedia so could be wrong.
                                Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X