Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 59th Annual Beanpot Tournament

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    Not sure. None of the game notes on the school sites have it. Did notice that Don Orsillo has the play-by-play, though. That's gotta be a first, right?
    Yeah saw that too last night. Very stange, but could be good.
    BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
    National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
    Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

You know Beanpot Bernard and First Monday in Febru-Aughe will be there. My guess is two Hockey East crews...ECAC will have one next week. If Stewie has anything to say, I would like to make a bet as to who one of his guys will be.

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
        Dumb question... Jack Parker of course.

In other happenings:

NORTHEASTERN IS ON THE FRONT PAGE OF USCHO.COM AND I'M ****ED OFF ABOUT IT. I mean seriously... they're not even ranked number 1! And ever if they were it would be a completely smoke and mirrors show by the voters!
        BUSCHO should do their homework first!!!

Comment

I think Orsillo will do well. I just hope Janney isn't his color guy. That guy's a mess.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            I think Orsillo will do well. I just hope Janney isn't his color guy. That guy's a mess.
            Nope. Andy Brickley on color with Naoko Funayama rinkside.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I like Brick. I think Orsillo has done some PxP for hockey last year.
              Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
              ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                Not sure. None of the game notes on the school sites have it. Did notice that Don Orsillo has the play-by-play, though. That's gotta be a first, right?
                Orsillo's an NU grad...we're definitely losing to Harvard now.
                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  Let's hope Brendan Walsh doesn't have access to a microphone.
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

*****http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/419fd09d9ac462fe98daeb2efa927fa054d68e68def4e3ad6f e78ca46628886a4g.jpg******

NU the West Virginia of the North. Hopefully you don't burn to many couches after you win this thing.
                    BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                    National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                    Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

wait a minute, i'm confused...perhaps it's my bu cgs education, but why's northeastern on the front page of USCHO and not BU? Don't they know that Parker owns this tournament, from the refs up through the trophy itself?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd10 View Post
                        wait a minute, i'm confused...perhaps it's my bu cgs education, but why's northeastern on the front page of USCHO and not BU? Don't they know that Parker owns this tournament, from the refs up through the trophy itself?
                        Silly bu fan. Parker owns the refs, not the tourney.
                        Originally posted by Bakunin
                        Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Let it be known I have found the whitewhale, the elusive harvard fan has been found at 4:52 at halftime pizza.

On another note, double chin, peroxide blonde hair, hoop earrings :must be NU student

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                            Silly bu fan. Parker owns the refs, not the tourney.
                            I thought he controlled everything, including the weather??!!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              I thought he controlled everything, including the weather??!!
                              Silly Les. Bill Bellicheck controls the weather.
                              Originally posted by Bakunin
                              Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                                Silly Les. Bill Bellicheck controls the weather.
                                my bad. I was sure in another thread that the weather was a surety.

Comment

Working...
                                X