X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 59th Annual Beanpot Tournament

Originally posted by DLG View Post
    It will be interesting to see the crowd at tonight's game
    Last year was announced as a sellout but anyone in attendance knows there were plenty of empty section upstairs
    With demand down around college hockey and tickets avaiable in Minnesota for the frozen four and moderate sales in Manchester for the regoinal interest is down.
    the finals promise to be even a tougher sell
    re: Manchester...I wouldn't worry about the initial sales right now. As we inch closer, I suspect UNH (and as of right now it would be BC there as well) and BC fans to buy lots of tickets.

Comment

Ted Donato is on the hot seat over in Cambridge.. I expect Harvard to give NU all they can handle (and more) tonight.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
        Ted Donato is on the hot seat over in Cambridge.. I expect Harvard to give NU all they can handle (and more) tonight.
        Meh. He's certainly on the hot seat, but that is one dreadful team. I still like NU 3-1.

Comment

They held Yale to 1 goal Friday (definitely upped their gm against their big rival)..

..i don't know if they are dreadful or.. just not buying into Donato's style anymore.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            re: Manchester...I wouldn't worry about the initial sales right now. As we inch closer, I suspect UNH (and as of right now it would be BC there as well) and BC fans to buy lots of tickets.
            Agreed if BC & UNH make it, it'll be a near sellout.

Comment

This will be the first Beanpot in a while I won't be going to. It's not because I'm busy, I just feel like watching on TV for some reason and have no desire to go and deal with Boston rush hour on a Monday.

Comment

For anyone not going, join us as we live blog the entire tournament.
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Not to derail the beanpot thread, but Manchester always has a bump in sales right after the Maine game, and they also always have a run of sales in early March. Then, after the field is announced, they'll sell 200-300 tickets a day.

The casual fan doesn't often know the rule that because UNH is the host school, they automatically got to Manchester.

Oh, the "zzzzzz" post wasn't bored about the beanpot - I enjoy watching -- but this thread is so TAME this year!
                  I haven't been on here in a year...
                  Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

It's going to get more and more tame until the BU/BC streak is snapped.
                    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Did everyone know that Northeastern was the Beanpot Team of the 80's... winning 4 of the Beanpot championships in that decade?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        Did everyone know that Northeastern was the Beanpot Team of the 80's... winning 4 of the Beanpot championships in that decade?
                        Shut up. I hate you. That's just like USCHO saying we will win it. You're just bringing up the past. You smell. We all hate you.
                        Originally posted by Bakunin
                        Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                          Shut up. I hate you. That's just like USCHO saying we will win it. You're just bringing up the past. You smell. We all hate you.
                          It's Northeastern's year!!
                          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                          ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                            It's Northeastern's year!!
                            NU has to be considered the heavy favorite to win it this year. I may have to put some money on them in a "NU vs. the Field" parlay on this tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                              NU has to be considered the heavy favorite to win it this year. I may have to put some money on them in a "NU vs. the Field" parlay on this tournament.
                              7-1 over Harvard in the first round

10-0 over BC in the championship game.
                              Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                              ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                                7-1 over Harvard in the first round

10-0 over BC in the championship game.
                                Dude, that's ludicrous. No chance Harvard scores a goal. As I understand it, NU is already up 3-0 oin Harvard and the game hasn't even started yet. NU is THAT good.

Comment

Working...
                                X