Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Providence@Vermont : Race to the bottom ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Providence@Vermont : Race to the bottom ??

UVM currently holds the 9th position in the HE standings however PC is making their move to overtake the Cats as the first team out of the playoffs. With the teams playing head to head this weekend who will end up in and who will end up out.

For their part UVM is coming off a sweep at the hands of MC where they got shelled 7-1 saturday night and looked to be challenged UML for 10th. To counter this anemic showing PC is on their usual second half run for the cellar.

Considering it's at the Gutt, advantage to PC in continuing their post - Dec. win less streak, however if recent history is any indication the Cats will do what it takes to lose Saturday and ending up with a split.

Thoughts ?
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Re: Providence@Vermont : Race to the bottom ??

Hoping for a split or two ties.

Comment

The Battle of the Empty Nets will decide who goes down to Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
        Hoping for a split or two ties.
        From the department of redundancey department.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
          From the department of redundancey department.
          What's a redundancey?

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
            What's a redundancey?
            its when I poorly spell while pointing out someone saying two things which would have the same effect.

Comment

There can be only one.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                its when I poorly spell while pointing out someone saying two things which would have the same effect.
                They actually do not have the same effect in the case of tiebreakers. I would rather have one win over two ties.

Comment

Oh Frylock, PC at the Gutt was a documentary and it was filmed in real time.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                    Considering it's at the Gutt, advantage to PC in continuing their post - Dec. win less streak, however if recent history is any indication the Cats will do what it takes to lose Saturday and ending up with a split.
                    The way we're playing, I wouldn't be surprised to see PC take both games, even if it is at the Gutt. Sad, but true.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                      The way we're playing, I wouldn't be surprised to see PC take both games, even if it is at the Gutt. Sad, but true.
                      I wouldn't worry: PC will get to OT, lose and then get blown out in game 2. PC had to work their ***es off to not lose to UVM at the Coffin. If this is anything like the series against NU, UNH and Maine, PC plays progressively worse in each game... Sigh.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Jon I think Army is saving their strength for next year.....its part of his master plan.......both him and Keno will attack in 2012 and both will go to the dance with the Hockey guy driving their golden chariot down Admiral Street to the screams of the crowd, Go PC, go PC

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          If this is anything like the series against NU, UNH and Maine, PC plays progressively worse in each game... Sigh.
                          Then this will truly be an epic series as UVM too plays worse in the second game....
                          Originally posted by Hokydad
                          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

The way they're playing, I wouldn't be surprised to see UVM take both games, even if it is at the Gutt. Sad, but true.

Comment

Working...
                            X