No announcement yet.

CC vs DU 2.4/5 Let's get it started!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CC vs DU 2.4/5 Let's get it started!

Originally posted by du78 View Post
    DU Game Notes for this series.

THIS WEEKEND’S STORYLINES

• DU needs two points to retain possession of the Gold Pan Trophy.
    OK, this I don't get. Back in November, we won one game, they won one game. So coming into this weekend we are even, correct? So let's say we win Friday night, we get two points. But what happens if CC wins Saturday night?, aren't we still even? Why would we retain the Gold Pan?
    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
    Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
      OK, this I don't get. Back in November, we won one game, they won one game. So coming into this weekend we are even, correct? So let's say we win Friday night, we get two points. But what happens if CC wins Saturday night?, aren't we still even? Why would we retain the Gold Pan?
      Really? You don't know how this whole thing works? That's actually kind of sad...
      Originally posted by vizoroo
      Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
      Originally posted by duper
      I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
      Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
      Originally posted by dggoddard
      Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
        Really? You don't know how this whole thing works? That's actually kind of sad...
        OK, so that was no help at all!!
        Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
          To wrest the Gold Pan from the other team, the team MUST win the Gold Pan outright. If the teams tie in points for the four game series, the team currently in possession of the Gold Pan retains it until the next season. So, in this case, since DU holds the Gold Pan from last season, CC MUST win it outright to get it back -- meaning CC has to take at least 3 points this weekend. If CC fails to get at least 3 points, DU will retain the Gold Pan until it is contested again next season.
          DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
          sigpic
          WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
            To wrest the Gold Pan from the other team, the team MUST win the Gold Pan outright. If the teams tie in points for the four game series, the team currently in possession of the Gold Pan retains it until the next season. So, in this case, since DU holds the Gold Pan from last season, CC MUST win it outright to get it back -- meaning CC has to take at least 3 points this weekend. If CC fails to get at least 3 points, DU will retain the Gold Pan until it is contested again next season.
            What??? Really??? I’m so confused…

What happens if DU decides to steal the gold pan again?
            I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.

Comment

Oddsmakers in Las Vegas are predicting a CC sweep this weekend!!

Friday, CC 4 DU 3

Saturday, CC 4 DU 2

Party at Kent and Todd's pad Friday!!

Go Tigers!!
              Last edited by CCtig; 02-03-2011, 02:41 PM.
              World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

If they steal it again I demand they disband their team and are only allowed to have a club team!! That's the rule!!
                World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

Comment

I think they should award the pan to Air Force in the event of a tie. Or maybe the DU hoops team?

Comment

Then CC can put another participation banner up in the rafters as they do with most other "accomplishments".
                    sigpic
                    WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Comment

Thank you Todd!! No thanks to you ronmexico
                      Tom Serratore

Comment

Tig and Ron, send me a PM with your cell number's so we can perhaps connect for a beer before the game at the hotel or Outback. I reply with mine.
                        sigpic

Comment

Tig and Ron, send me a PM with your cell number's so we can perhaps connect for a beer before the game at the hotel or Outback. I reply with mine.
                          Thanks co14ers, PM sent to you.

Go Tigers!!

Comment

I've got some friends comming down from Denver so I'll be busy with that. Maybe next time.

Comment

Per Mike Chambers this evening in the Denver Post, Murray in net on Friday for DU and Brittain in net on Saturday. Knowlton is healthy and will be back in the line-up. Only player not available this weekend is Jesse Martin who is out for the season.
                              Last edited by du78; 02-03-2011, 08:22 PM.
                              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

The size of the CC fan base on this site is super impressive. I thought there would be at least 5-7 of you.
                                Go Pioneers!

Comment

Working...
                                X