Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MN Gophers @ tUMD Bulldogs: Sibling Rivalry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MN Gophers @ tUMD Bulldogs: Sibling Rivalry!

Finally a strong performace from everybody.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

The boys played well last night, there is still a ton of stuff that they need to work on! Why cant we put a full weekend together?

Comment

The gophers got screwed bad on that patrick white goal that should have been a goal and no penalty he clearly got pushed into the goalie! So now the refs have clearly changed the game and the gophers bulldogs game is over!! Thanks refs!

Comment

The Gophers gave up too many goals, bad call on the waved off goal or not. Don't go UND and blame the refs for the loss.

Comment

will all the goof players and fans please call duluth with the golf course conditions in March... much appreciated...

Comment

Originally posted by toehimp View Post
              will all the goof players and fans please call duluth with the golf course conditions in March... much appreciated...
              DHG's red-headed step-child?

Comment

Originally posted by toehimp View Post
                Yo, weiner you are a little late.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...fseason-Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  DHG's red-headed step-child?
                  Must be. Good game UMD. You guys deserved the 'W' tonight, regardless of the refs. Patterson just wasn't sharp tonight, neither was our 'D', and despite our offense clicking, it wasn't enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    The Gophers gave up too many goals, bad call on the waved off goal or not. Don't go UND and blame the refs for the loss.
                    Agreed. My only point is that the waved-off goal (HORRIBLE CALL) directly changed at least the next few minutes of gameplay. Instead of 3-3, we have two PP's (one for each team) and soon after that a tUMD goal to make it 4-2.

Would MN have won if that goal stood? Probably not, the way their D was playing. But it would have been nice to find out if they could have somehow pulled it off.

Congrats tUMD, entertaining games for sure. You guys played hard, and Connelly was a beast.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Can't fault the Gophers heart tonight, they kept the intensity but couldn't thwart an outstanding single game performance by Mike Connelly with 5 goals. Wondering what the record is for most goals in a college hockey game? Dick Rondeau of Dartmouth College scored 12 goals and 11 assists against Middlebury College in 1943. This record still stands today as most goals, assists, total points by one player in any college or professional hockey game. Patterson was good, but not his usual stellar self. Tough loss at this stage of the season.

Comment

I am still bugged about the Gophers defense not getting back in time to help Patterson on that second to last goal. No hustle.

Comment

All i am saying is if it 3-3 it is a way different game, It was nice to see the boys come back and play all the way to the end. It just sucks cause that was the season right there they will be on the road for the wcha playoffs and pretty much no way the Ncaa tournament is in reach but it looks good for next year if we dont lose Bjugstad, Hoffel or anyone else that is not a senior. It just seems those calls go against the gophers all the time and it sucks cause they did play a good offensive game, defensively there was some break downs but the future like I said depending on who they lose looks good. I think we should get back to gopher hockey next year or th year after.

Even the SUE have some bad years under there belt but you just have to rebuild and with the freshman we have and the players that should be back I think the near future looks good. Hopefully we can get the coaches kid cause Mario looks like a stud on the ice and he has good size. The only player I think we have to worry about losing is Bjugstad and the seniors of course, but I am curious who the rest of you think we will lose to the nhl or major juniors.

Comment

Originally posted by Gophernation View Post
                            All i am saying is if it 3-3 it is a way different game, It was nice to see the boys come back and play all the way to the end. It just sucks cause that was the season right there they will be on the road for the wcha playoffs and pretty much no way the Ncaa tournament is in reach but it looks good for next year if we dont lose Bjugstad, Hoffel or anyone else that is not a senior. It just seems those calls go against the gophers all the time and it sucks cause they did play a good offensive game, defensively there was some break downs but the future like I said depending on who they lose looks good. I think we should get back to gopher hockey next year or th year after.

Even the SUE have some bad years under there belt but you just have to rebuild and with the freshman we have and the players that should be back I think the near future looks good. Hopefully we can get the coaches kid cause Mario looks like a stud on the ice and he has good size. The only player I think we have to worry about losing is Bjugstad and the seniors of course, but I am curious who the rest of you think we will lose to the nhl or major juniors.
                            Hoeffel is gone. He is a senior.

Comment

I strongly disagree that these calls "always go against the Gophers." A certain non-call when we faced UND had this place up in arms, despite it being the correct non-call, IMO.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Any one coming to Moorhead for Hockey day Minnesota let me know I can get tickets for you! How about Nate Schmidt tonight he looked pretty good I think TDON needs to play him alot more I watched him alot at fargo force games and he is the real deal he just needs to play, the kid has a rocket of a shot he should be taken the shots from the point on the power play.

Comment

Working...
                                X