Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Cloud State at Nebraska-Omaha

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    Do you get hard when you think about Dunn?
    Always, but not when I think about FTLT
    Bob is making me concerned
    I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
      I thought this thread was about the upcoming games, and not a goalie argument. Can't we all agree that Dunn is the guy?
      We can all agree Taylor Johnson is the worst player in SCSU history.
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        Come on Tipsy. This is pretty chicken ****. If you are going to call a kid out like that, man up and attach your real name to your post.

I have to admit he can be frustrating to watch at times. Largely due to ill advised penalties. I have seen him make great plays and he has a solid shot from the blue line. But he has plenty room for improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
          Come on Tipsy. This is pretty chicken ****. If you are going to call a kid out like that, man up and attach your real name to your post.

I have to admit he can be frustrating to watch at times. Largely due to ill advised penalties. I have seen him make great plays and he has a solid shot from the blue line. But he has plenty room for improvement.
          I didn't know I was required to attach my real name to my post that criticized the play of a Division 1 athlete. How is that chicken****? Do I have to attach my real name to praise a player? Does everyone that criticizes a player have to attach their real name? I just need the rules before I post my real name...
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

People don't use their real name for the same reason Media or TV people don't. there are way to many freaks out there and you never know what people will do when they don't agree with you. I had a run in about 8 years ago with one such person and I also know of another Husky fan that had it worse than me with a different nut job.

In my case most Husky fans on here know who I am or they know someone who knows who I am. It would not be hard to find me if one wanted too. I know Don Lyons tried to call me out the same way a year or two ago, but funny he doesn't use his real name. These kids are now public figures, so they need to learn how to handle the attention...
            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

I fully understand your point. I just find it annoying when people take sharp attacks at these kids with the convenience of anonymity. That's right, they are kids. And in Taylor's case he is in the middle of his sophomore year. He will continue to develop and improve.

Comment

I can think of at least a five who are way worse: Mike Walsh, Lee Brooks, Matt Gens, Jon Ammerman, Matt Francis.
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

I fully understand your point. I just find it annoying when people take sharp attacks at these kids with the convenience of anonymity. That's right, they are kids. And in Taylor's case he is in the middle of his sophomore year. He will continue to develop and improve.
                  Sorry, they aren't.
                  Each one of these guys is over 18 and playing in the last level before they get paid to play this great game, they can be criticized for poor play.
                  In Johnson's case, he's more offense than defense but he is just a sophomore and can improve, but he's not above criticism.
                  He's also not the worst blueliner I've seen on this team.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

No we can't, and no he isn't!!!

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      Offensive output aside, I'd have to put Duvie Westcott on that list. Boy he stunk.
                      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Some of them are kids. Barta is 24 years old, I hardly call him a kid. Gravel on the other hand is still 18 and I can see him being considered a kid.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                          Offensive output aside, I'd have to put Duvie Westcott on that list. Boy he stunk.
                          Duvie's strong point was his offensive game, but you don't make it to the NHL if you can't play in your own end. Hell I don't think there has been one defenseman since he left better than him. On a side note The power play would be around 25% if he was running the point with this team....
                          Last edited by scsutommyboy; 02-03-2011, 02:01 PM.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Sorry, they aren't.
                            Each one of these guys is over 18 and playing in the last level before they get paid to play this great game, they can be criticized for poor play.
                            In Johnson's case, he's more offense than defense but he is just a sophomore and can improve, but he's not above criticism.
                            I think a better way to put would be if you want fame you have to live with everything that goes with it. If you don't want fame don't be a D1 athlete. I am sure Mr. johnson is at least getting some of his education paid for so that even adds another level of reason why these guys are different than say some high school kid.

On Johnson, I think he has a chance to be a decent player. He needs to do a better job in his own defensive zone and he needs to learn when to shoot and when to pass. Way to many of his shots get blocked. He can be a crafty player he needs to use that skill more often.

where are all the UNO fans?

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Sorry, they aren't.
                              Alot of times I hear the rational that if they are taking money in the form of a scholarship to attend college,we have the right to boo and criticize them. Look at this a different way....My daughter is a 19 year old college sophomore who recently changed majors, and because of it, lost a substantial science based scholarship...not because her GPA didn't meet the criteria...but because it was strictly a scholarship for someone in a science based major. Do you want to criticize her because she took money for a year and a half that someone else could have used? I have a hard time figuring out what value is gained by calling out ANYONE by name that is playing college athletics, regardless of age. "Playing at the last level before they get paid to play"? Do you have a clue how many of these guys will be paid when they leave? Sure...most of them could play in the ECHL, but, most guys in the ECHL could not afford their own apartment and a decent car payment on the ECHL average monthly check of around $2200.
                              Last edited by wchaforever; 02-03-2011, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Was Johnson on the pp last Saturday? The one who kept shooting into the midsection of the Maverick players?
                                This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                                www.twitter.com/johnnyredshoes

Comment

Working...
                                X