Twitch Boy Can't Lose - Michigan Tech @ UAA, Feb. 4-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Twitch Boy Can't Lose - Michigan Tech @ UAA, Feb. 4-5

Tech sweeps! *****http://img3.substanceinforma.netdna-cdn.com/smileys/snort.gif******

Just wanted to use that smiley again

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
      Stay home and watch last Saturday nights Gopher UAA game instead.
      Why would I want to watch that? I watched the Friday game, and it was very entertaining, but as everyone who's seen the gophers this year knows, they can't put 2 games together back-to-back, so I figured there was no point in watching on Saturday. I was right. (and no the Gophers didn't put 2 back-to-back to beat Tech, they did that even when playing like dog****)
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
        Tech fans, here's the 411 on these guys: they're dangerous. Basically, they are what Tech is trying to be.

Their biggest strength is that they play very smart to go with their size. They're excellent at getting sticks into your passing lanes and disrupting your game. For a team like Tech that frustrates easily, that's a problem.

Gunderson is their main goalie, and he's capable of some jaw-dropping saves. He's great at making saves out of position and he gets good help clearing from his defense. Maybe a lack of consistency. Think Rob Nolan. You might also see Kamal after his shutout in Minnesota, however. Haven't seen much of him myself.

I don't think they'll overlook Tech. They just got swept by DU and only pulled off a 1-0 win against MN, so I think they're down to Earth at the moment. If I'm Shyiak, I'm stressing the schedule after Tech and making them realize they need these easy points to stay in the hunt for home ice.

If I'm a Minnesota or a Wisconsin, these are the last guys I wanna see in round 1. Especially if they can pull off home ice.
        They are really slow however. Watching them on breakaways or going into the Gophers defensive zone was interesting.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          They are really slow however. Watching them on breakaways or going into the Gophers defensive zone was interesting.
          I watched the Friday UM/UAA game, and I agree that UAA was slow. However, that was the worst game I have seen them play all season. They looked like they were a team who had spent the last week and a half on the road ... gee, I wonder why. They are not typically slow, they go toe to toe with any team. Ask UND, UW or CC.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
            I watched the Friday UM/UAA game, and I agree that UAA was slow. However, that was the worst game I have seen them play all season. They looked like they were a team who had spent the last week and a half on the road ... gee, I wonder why. They are not typically slow, they go toe to toe with any team. Ask UND, UW or CC.
            Are they not used to being on the road like that? I haven't heard anything about UAA being fast.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Bemidji looks, to me, to have the best opportunity to come out as they have games against CC, Minny, and Kato, real chances to make up ground.
              Agree Bemidji probably has the least strenuous average grade to climb, but needing to make-up 6 points (just to tie) if all teams ahead of them for 6th place only play .500 for the rest of the regular season, means they also have the biggest hill to surmount. Again - just saying (and replying to the conflicted picky eater from Tech, who said that UAA’s remaining schedule was “brutal”) – the other contenders for the last home ice spot likely have as much, or more, trouble ahead.
              Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain. - Lily Tomlin

Comment

Are they not used to being on the road like that? I haven't heard anything about UAA being fast.
                Of course they are used to road trips, but do you know any other team that doesn't return home in between such trips? That was the case with UAA, they played DU then stayed in the lower 48 until their games with UM were over. That takes a toll on a team. As for your never hearing about UAA being fast, you simply haven't talked to the right fans. UAA has 5 or 6 shorthanded goals this year, which generally happens when a team has speed.
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  Of course they are used to road trips, but do you know any other team that doesn't return home in between such trips? That was the case with UAA, they played DU then stayed in the lower 48 until their games with UM were over. That takes a toll on a team. As for your never hearing about UAA being fast, you simply haven't talked to the right fans. UAA has 5 or 6 shorthanded goals this year, which generally happens when a team has speed.
                  Well I was wondering if a team like UAA is used to not returning home. And if they are used to that then being slow shouldn't be an excuse.
                  tUMD Hockey

Comment

Well I was wondering if a team like UAA is used to not returning home. And if they are used to that then being slow shouldn't be an excuse.
                    ok so you travel to UAA and the next weekend you play UA_ at _airbanks. Do you go home Sunday and then saddle up next wednesday and travel back to _airbanks? Or do you hang out for 5 days and go home after the second away series? Some coaches ( you fill in their names) would cry like babies if they had to make that decision almost every year.
                    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

UAA does that maybe once a season, so no they are NOT used to doing that.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

ok so you travel to UAA and the next weekend you play UA_ at _airbanks. Do you go home Sunday and then saddle up next wednesday and travel back to _airbanks? Or do you hang out for 5 days and go home after the second away series? Some coaches ( you fill in their names) would cry like babies if they had to make that decision almost every year.
                        How true. Most coaches complain about travelling to Alaska ONCE every season. Nobody has any idea what UAA has to deal with.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Sorry, but this is a really ****ing stupid thing to complain about. Every person involved with both Alaska programs knows this situation before getting into it, if they aren't going to like it, then they should pick a different program. Yeah, it is tough, but everyone doing it knew exactly what they were signing up for.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

With everything UAA players go through week in and week out, they should each be awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom. They are true heroes.
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                              With everything UAA players go through week in and week out, they should each be awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom. They are true heroes.
                              American Pickers, Auction Kings, & Pawn Stars all turned N.D. down but Storage Wars might come over and attempt to help off load all the Sioux Logo's from the Ralph. Good Luck
                              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

I think you're confused, me boy. People actually want Sioux merchandise and therefore purchase it. Perhaps in land of polar bears and no sun people do not want nor purchase Seawolf gear, but that is no the case here with Sioux memorabilia.
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X