New Poll Predictions for 1/31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Poll Predictions for 1/31

Well here we go..these are bit more off the wall than I usually come up with...But none the less. These are the predictions for tomorrow's poll.

1.Oswego
    2.St. Norbert
    3.Castleton
    4.Norwich
    5.Bowdoin
    6.Adrian
    7.Geneseo
    8.Hamline
    9.MSOE
    10.Plattsburgh
    11.Elmira
    12.Utica
    13.Manhattanville
    14.Marian
    15.Middlebury
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Well here we go..these are bit more off the wall than I usually come up with...But none the less. These are the predictions for tomorrow's poll.

1.Oswego
    2.St. Norbert
    3.Castleton
    4.Norwich
    5.Bowdoin
    6.Adrian
    7.Geneseo
    8.Hamline
    9.MSOE
    10.Plattsburgh
    11.Elmira
    12.Utica
    13.Manhattanville
    14.Marian
    15.Middlebury
    3 from the MCHA? Thats a tough one chew on. Theres no doubt that league has improved but ...

Comment

Re: New Poll Predictions for 1/31

what gives...where's all the chatter for the poll this week?!
      GO LAKERS!!!
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

what gives...where's all the chatter for the poll this week?!
        Maybe you did a perfect job!

....Nah.

Comment

Using the PWR numbers, here is what I came up with for a national ranking. I don't expect the actual poll to look like this, although I do feel this will make much more sense than what USCHO will release tomorrow.

1- Oswego
          2- St. Norbert
          3- Elmira
          4- Hamline
          5- Utica
          6- Castleton
          7- Geneseo
          8- Wis. Eau Claire
          9- Manhattanville
          10- Hobart
          11- Plattsburgh
          12- Adrian
          13- Norwich
          14- MSOE
          15- Bowdoin

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Rennell View Post
            Using the PWR numbers, here is what I came up with for a national ranking. I don't expect the actual poll to look like this, although I do feel this will make much more sense than what USCHO will release tomorrow.

1- Oswego
            2- St. Norbert
            3- Elmira
            4- Hamline
            5- Utica
            6- Castleton
            7- Geneseo
            8- Wis. Eau Claire
            9- Manhattanville
            10- Hobart
            11- Plattsburgh
            12- Adrian
            13- Norwich
            14- MSOE
            15- Bowdoin
            It's hard to imagine Elmira so high in the PWR....
            GO LAKERS!!!
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Not really. Their SOS is #1 in the country. Their win % is 15th. Of the teams ahead of them in win %, 10 of those have a SOS worse than 20.

They also fair very well in record vs. common ops because of the 8 blemishes on their schedule, 2 of the losses were to Oswego, who everyone loses to. Two others came in conference which doesn't tend to hurt you often when compared to out of conference teams. Their other ones are to Skidmore, Southern Maine, Curry, and Plattsburgh. The first two in that group don't factor in all that much because other than Castleton no team comes close to being considered against Elmira. That leaves a tie to Curry and Plattsburgh and that sets you up pretty good for common ops.

They also have 3 wins over Manhattanville, 2 over Utica, and one over Geneseo. Even if you wanted to bring it to secondary criteria, which there is no need to, they have been on a Plattsburgh-esque run of late not having lost since November 28th. That being said, they do have Cortland coming to town next Saturday.

Comment

1.Oswego
                2.St. Norbert
                3.Castleton
                4.Norwich
                5.Bowdoin
                6.Adrian
                7.Geneseo
                8.Hamline
                9.MSOE
                10.Plattsburgh
                11.Elmira
                12.Utica
                13.Manhattanville
                14.Marian
                15.Middlebury
                I agree with most of this. I don't know if I'd put Middlebury or even Marian in the poll, but theres not a lot to choose from. I'd say Hobart might stay and Wisconsin-Eau Claire might take that 15 spot, but I don't think we're gonna see the Panthers.

Comment

It is not difficult at all when Elmira is 2nd in the east behind oswego (surprise), first in the toughestconference in DIII, and 8-0-1 their last 9 games. the tie was to a good Plattsburgh team, ans their last four wins are as follows: def. #6 Geneseo on the road, Def. #10 Utica at home, Def. #6 Mville twice on the road. Once again its no surpirse Elmira isnt getting any credit in the polls, but undefeated in their last 9 games with the toughest schedule in division three hockey? yeah i didnt think that was good enough to crack the top ten either prez
                  Lets Go EC!

Comment

Originally posted by sticksnstones View Post
                    I agree with most of this. I don't know if I'd put Middlebury or even Marian in the poll, but theres not a lot to choose from. I'd say Hobart might stay and Wisconsin-Eau Claire might take that 15 spot, but I don't think we're gonna see the Panthers.
                    I don't think that we'll see the Panthers there either, except maybe in the also receiving votes category. But... Maybe next week!
                    from behind the iron curtain...

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy d View Post
                      I don't think that we'll see the Panthers there either, except maybe in the also receiving votes category. But... Maybe next week!
                      You think a 2-1 week with wins over Plattsburgh and St. Mike's is gonna help ?
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                        You think a 2-1 week with wins over Plattsburgh and St. Mike's is gonna help ?
                        Troublemaker

Comment

Well, after a Norwich win and tie vs. Babson this weekend, this is how I expect the polls to go.

1. Norwich
                          Others receiving votes-everyone else

This is what the polls should look like based on a complicated mathematical algorithm developed by the USCHO used throughout this year.

Comment

Prez

Preception vs. reality....

Preception has Norwich at 4. Reality has them at 14.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgoec View Post
                              It is not difficult at all when Elmira is 2nd in the east behind oswego (surprise), first in the toughestconference in DIII, and 8-0-1 their last 9 games. the tie was to a good Plattsburgh team, ans their last four wins are as follows: def. #6 Geneseo on the road, Def. #10 Utica at home, Def. #6 Mville twice on the road. Once again its no surpirse Elmira isnt getting any credit in the polls, but undefeated in their last 9 games with the toughest schedule in division three hockey? yeah i didnt think that was good enough to crack the top ten either prez
                              I realize they have been on quite a roll but it's hard to block out the Skidmore/Hobart/Curry/Southern Maine slip-ups. I just figured those would have had more on impact on their chances. However, with the mass parity that is D-III hockey this year with EVERYONE it seems having five or six losses or more, that starts to make up for the fact EC struggled early on.

One thing I'm happy to see is it seems like Elmira is finally playing their best hockey in the second half of the season rather than the first half of the season for the first time since 2006. Hopefully the train keeps rolling. In Vallaincourt, Willer, McDonald we trust.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                              X