• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Hampshire vs. Maine: Feb 4/5

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
    *****http://www.lastpatriot.com/photos/maine06/maine-009-trash.jpg******
    (highway rest stop in Maine)
    Last edited by ClOuD 9; 01-31-2011, 08:01 AM.
    "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
    Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
    NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
    EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
    AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
    1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
      You had better watch yourselves. Maine is 3-0-1 on national TV. We only work for the spotlight.
      Huh? I count 2-2-0. Wins over NoDak and BC, losses to MSU and UNH.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

From a Maine newspaper:
        *****http://mainehuntingtoday.com/bbb/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/animalloversnewspaperad.jpg******
        Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2

Women's Hockey
        EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
        1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Maine will take at least 2 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
            Maine will take at least 2 points.
            You heard it here first folks. Time to lock the thread.

Comment

If I had money on the games, I also would say the teams will split....however UNH can easily out skate Maine with it's 4 lines.....the top 2 even out and then UNH is deeper, however it's all in the execution, right Pat's fans, (of which I include both UNH and Mainers)

Comment

I just hope that UNH isn't looking ahead to the big weekend with Merrimack!

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                  Huh? I count 2-2-0. Wins over NoDak and BC, losses to MSU and UNH.
                  Ah, I see. Maine's website lists the channel it was on 6 lines down from the game it's for, which is right next to the next game. See for yourself. Very confusing. http://goblackbears.com/sports/m-hoc...10-11/schedule
                  Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

I'll toss in a useless prediction!

I think Maine turns to Marty on Friday, but, empty net goals aside, UNH wins 3-2. Saturday, I really want to say Maine rebounds, but I'm just not positive. They're a different team on the road. Frustrating 2-2 tie.

Some nice goaltending on both ends overshadows two rosters with talented forwards.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                      Typical Maine Family tree

*****http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8PxQca9A4ek/SRmeQcZ3EmI/AAAAAAAABIw/xPBaSPfc1G0/s400/blog+pinecone+wreath.jpg******
                      Last edited by IrishWildcat; 01-31-2011, 04:28 PM. Reason: Bad Link
                      A Decade of Dominance

2001 2003 2004 2007 2008 2011

Comment

Originally posted by IrishWildcat View Post
                        Typical Maine Family tree

*****http://image03.webshots.com/3/8/30/27/27183027MGKwgDJjHA_ph.jpg******
                        *****http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/1012/he-aint-heavy-yokel-inbred-family-demotivational-poster-1291468051.jpg******
                        Men's Hockey

Women's Hockey
                        1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

UNH 5 Maine 3
                          UNH 4 Maine 1

Comment

Originally posted by 5IslandsWildcat View Post
                            Know little else about Maine except posters on its thread very disappointed this year.
                            Yeah... that 'bout sums it up...

Honestly, I would be a little surprised (and marginally pleased) if Maine picks up 1 point. I think they'll try hard, they generally seem to, with exceptions, of course (7-1...), but they just aren't a well oiled machine. They been inconsistent as a team, and while there is enough blame to go around, probably, I'd say that the goaltenders most epitomize the inconsistency. So we'll have to see... Perhaps the 'tenders will be better next year, if there is any goal production to go with them.

I'm beginning to think men's basketball might be the hot ticket in Orono these days.
                            Go Big Red.

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                              *****http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/1012/he-aint-heavy-yokel-inbred-family-demotivational-poster-1291468051.jpg******
                              I'll re-raise

*****http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/4228/condos.jpg******
                              A Decade of Dominance

2001 2003 2004 2007 2008 2011

Comment

seeking 1 ticket for Sat night

I am seeking 1 ticket for the Saturday night game.

Was able to get 1 at Ticketmaster for Friday, but not for Saturday. If anyone has an extra would appreciate.

Thanks in advance, if you have.

Comment

Working...
                                X