Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hampshire vs. Maine: Feb 4/5

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    I still think they have a shot to make it this year, but then again I actually support the team, not cheer for them to get blown out on national TV.
    Is your company name on a plaque in the Shawn Walsh Hockey center? Do you buy Season Tickets?, Does the Athletic dept call you for donations? What kind of suport are we talking about? You certainly haven't been in Alfond since what 94 or so? Who cheers for them to get blown out?, I may predict that but I've never cheered for it.

So you think they might win the HE tourney? Like to see it but its going to be tough to beat Merrimack at home in the QFs, isn't it?
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Is your company name on a plaque in the Shawn Walsh Hockey center? Do you buy Season Tickets?, Does the Athletic dept call you for donations? What kind of suport are we talking about? You certainly haven't been in Alfond since what 94 or so? Who cheers for them to get blown out?, I may predict that but I've never cheered for it.

So you think they might win the HE tourney? Like to see it but its going to be tough to beat Merrimack at home in the QFs, isn't it?
      Right. This was never posted in the Maine thread before Maine beat Boston College.

I hope BC comes out and crushes Maine so we can hear some more good excuses and be embarrassed on national TV.
      It's a figment of my imagination. And the moron who posted that didn't respond by saying that he does indeed want Maine to lose every game. Glad to know that never happened.

Comment

It's a figment of my imagination. And the moron who posted that didn't respond by saying that he does indeed want Maine to lose every game. Glad to know that never happened.
        Did I post it? You quoted me and threw that gem out, maybe thats why I was confused. Obviously their are lots of disgruntled folks on here, including me but my beef is team D and its already showing tonight
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

unreal. I can not believe Nyquist hit the post on the open net

Comment

fail
            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

That was pretty crazy.

Horrendous goaltending for Maine. Just dreadful.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                unreal. I can not believe Nyquist hit the post on the open net
                I hate my user name
                Curse of the Timmy

Comment

That was an outstanding effort by the team, betrayed by soft goals at the end. I didn't get the sense last night watching them play that the team was playing for their tournament lives, were willing to put it all out on the ice and do what they had to do to get a win, but tonight I did.

And yeah, Sirman gave up a couple of soft goals. But that said, until Sully gets healthy, I think he's the guy that has to play in net. Ouellette just doesn't inspire confidence, he just doesn't seem ready for this situation, not sure if a lot of it isn't just mental toughness.

But what a heartbreaking way to lose. Thought Nyquist was gonna seal this one.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

The 2004 Hockey East final. I don't have the same fondness the rest of you have for Alfond. I've set foot in the building once since I got my ring in '93. I didn't realize attendance at the game was compulsory to support a team. Guess I can't be a Patriots fan anymore.
                    they give rings for washing jock straps?

Comment

University of No Hardware

Was a greart game to watch unless you root for the Black Bears. I jumped out of my chair yelling YESSSS!! On the shot gus hit the post i thouht it was in lol
                      Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                        That was pretty crazy.

Horrendous goaltending for Maine. Just dreadful.
                        Maine's goaltending situation is a mess. That was pathetic.

Comment

The 2004 Hockey East final. I don't have the same fondness the rest of you have for Alfond. I've set foot in the building once since I got my ring in '93. I didn't realize attendance at the game was compulsory to support a team. Guess I can't be a Patriots fan anymore.

I wonder if you were the maine fan that sat with me and my 3 friends an we were somehow surrounded by umass fans at the 2004 title game?
                          Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

Pretty good game for a onesided rivalry

Nice to get the sweep. Maine would probably love to see us again in the HE tourny but I'd rather get another shot at them in the NCAA's although it looks like Maine is going to take the hard way to get there if they do get there at all.

Nyquist is a game changer but can't do it alone. Thompson has help for sure and UNH is deeper than Maine IMHO.
                            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                              The constant ragging on Whitehead is just foolish. He's not a bad coach by any strech of the imagination. Maine is a good team who can beat anybody on any given night. I believe most Maine fans support their team and the coach. Unfortunately the few hangers on from the Walsh era can't let go.
                              First, Whitehead is a bad coach. I'm not a Maine fan but if I was I'd be on the Fire Whitehead bandwagon too. He's had plenty of talent over the years but doesn't know what to do with it. They usually have good defense team but are boring and unproductive offensively. He gives them nothing to work with offensively. The strategy -- cross the blue line and take a slap shot, hope for a rebound. The championship game in Boston is a perfect example of how inept his offensive coaching is. They have a two man advantage in the last minutes of the game and can't score.

I watched both games this weekend and saw a sloppy team that showed weak fundamentals in passing, skating, carrying the puck, shooting. That's on the coach. The talent is there but the discipline is not. Defense was terrible Friday night giving UNH three or four wide open goals. The goalie was weak but he didn't have much help on most of those goals.

Maine played better tonight but there were still lots of missed passes, unforced turnovers, and sloppy play. They at least scored some even handed goals tonight. The fourth was even a well executed breakaway. But how many shots were from way out beyond the faceoff circle?

Second, Maine CAN'T beat any team on any given night. Look at the record. They had two wins against North Dakota in October and beat BC at home. That's it for quality wins. 1 point from BU, 2 points from BC, 0 points from UNH, 0 points from Merrimack so far with two games to play. The rest of Hockey East is bad. There's no parity this year.

Maine has got progressively worse since Whitehead took over. Good coaches take what they have and make them better. BC, BU seem to always improve as the year goes on. UNH has a well disciplined team that score goals. Those three teams are consistent year after year because of the coaches. If a team isn't producing, it's up to the coach to make it happen. The buck stops there.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                                Maine had an awful lot of chances besides the Nyquist breakaway but DiGirolamo was there. Really can't understand why he wasn't one of the three stars last night. I know the first period was shaky, but he saved UNH's bacon in the third. You'd think 37 saves would get him some recognition.
                                I agree. DiGi made some huge saves all night and should have been one of the stars. I guess with a six goal night, offensive players get the nod.

Comment

Working...
                                X