X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hampshire vs. Maine: Feb 4/5

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    And here I thought Ceglarski retired.

But it makes much more sense that the winningest coach in college hockey history who was coming off three consecutive league titles and a Frozen Four appearance was canned after coaching at BC for 20 years. Gladchuk fired him but let him continue to coach the team anyway...
    Cedorchuk was the 'bridge' coach between Len Ceglarski and Jerry York. Maybe Tim Whitehead is the 'bridge' between Shawn Walsh and "Coach X"?
    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      In other words, no would be your answer. Don't be afraid to go out on a limb
      I still think they have a shot to make it this year, but then again I actually support the team, not cheer for them to get blown out on national TV.

Comment

And here I thought Ceglarski retired.

But it makes much more sense that the winningest coach in college hockey history who was coming off three consecutive league titles and a Frozen Four appearance was canned after coaching at BC for 20 years. Gladchuk fired him but let him continue to coach the team anyway...
        no one did less with more than Len Ceglarski..........take a close look at the talent he had during the 80's

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          no one did less with more than Len Ceglarski..........take a close look at the talent he had during the 80's
          C'mon, besides Janney, Leetch, Stevens, Bob Sweeney, Tim Sweeney, Doug Brown, Hodge, Harlow, Shea, Emma, Heinze, Guerin, Mcinnis, Greg Brown and Ted Crowley, who else was there?

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
            Before I hit the road to actually go to the game at Lake Whitt, here's another for Priceless: For argument's sake, let's say we concede your point on BC and UNH. What's the common thread to getting back on top? A COACHING CHANGE. What say you?
            Look at Sauer at UW or Parker at BU. Great coaches in their day, but both brought their respective programs to their knees before they left. I realize Parker hasn't left yet, but I don't see things getting better before he does.

Comment

Hey, what's with this thread becoming all about BC coaching history? Save that for next month!

I really enjoyed the game last night with a rare opportunity to sit in the Pres's skybox suite. Student energy below was the best that I have heard in a long time. Matt and Darci (I think) were excellent with cowbell duet, not an easy thing to do. Unfortunately, when the crowd noise was at its max, NESN was on TV time out for commercial break, although friends who watched on NESN told me later that it was still the loudest crowd that they had heard all year.

Hoping that DeSimone can join the 100 point club tonight and the Cats can pick up another two points, but they need to stay out of the box, and as noted above, tighten up the D in front of DiGi.

Comment

Maine needs a "goaltender" (they do not seem to develop currently at Maine)................all the other top teams have someone to stop at least 35-40 shots............is Grant coming back........next year 4 goalie rotation ?........is anyone going to get comfortable in that position? no chance to gain confidence to redeem yourself.............too much roulette experience to find out who's hot............Is everyone happy ??

Comment

It's ThunderStix night at the Whit.

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
                    Maine needs a "goaltender" (they do not seem to develop currently at Maine)................all the other top teams have someone to stop at least 35-40 shots............is Grant coming back........next year 4 goalie rotation ?........is anyone going to get comfortable in that position? no chance to gain confidence to redeem yourself.............too much roulette experience to find out who's hot............Is everyone happy ??
                    Meh....the goalies are there...and under different circumstances I think they'd be very solid...something about whats going on with their heads though ... there's just no consistent recipe being developed to build their confidence that I can see. I cant help get the sense that Timmay's listening to this board, trying whats suggested, and just plain failing because of it.
                    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

It's ThunderStix night at the Whit.
                      Those granite headz got so many tricks up their sleeves, huh ?
                      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

I still think they have a shot to make it this year, but then again I actually support the team, not cheer for them to get blown out on national TV.
                        Can you say you've been happy with the product you're seeing on the ice? The horrible defensive zone coverage, the average, at best, goaltending, the seeming inability to score goals?

I was editing my copy of the Lowell game from early in the season, and granted, it was Lowell, but the team looked lightyears better than then they do now. care to offer an explanation why?
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                          Look at Sauer at UW or Parker at BU. Great coaches in their day, but both brought their respective programs to their knees before they left. I realize Parker hasn't left yet, but I don't see things getting better before he does.
                          He just won a NC two seasons ago. Hardly the dregs to which Maine has sunk.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Yep. Soooo, I gave up my tickets for tonights game so some family of a Maine player could attend. Drive home safely everybody and gooooooo Cats!

Comment

When was the last game you went to?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                                When was the last game you went to?
                                The 2004 Hockey East final. I don't have the same fondness the rest of you have for Alfond. I've set foot in the building once since I got my ring in '93. I didn't realize attendance at the game was compulsory to support a team. Guess I can't be a Patriots fan anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X