X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hampshire vs. Maine: Feb 4/5

Infamous words

dope
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
      I'm beginning to think that this is the only fact you know about college hockey.
      It's the only one you need to know.
      I'm actually enjoying his posts. I can appreciate a good troll. And apparently, it's working.
      Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Originally posted by MAINEhockeyFireWhitehead View Post
        I am tired of seeing Tim Whitehead take down a program that so many men and women have put countless hours and years in building into a powerhouse. I am sick that the school extended him after last season. I love maine hockey and I am tired of watching whitehead ruin it!
        What is it that you want him to do? Do you think that any other coach could turn this team or past teams around? We haven't had a lot of talent over the years which is probably due to Grant leaving. I'm not a huge Whitehead but like maineman said it's hard to recruit in Orono and most kids want to go to the boston area to showcase their talents. Blame the moron who extended his contract if you want to complain, would you turn down a 3 year extension?
        Curse of the Timmy

Comment

The constant ragging on Whitehead is just foolish. He's not a bad coach by any strech of the imagination. Maine is a good team who can beat anybody on any given night. I believe most Maine fans support their team and the coach. Unfortunately the few hangers on from the Walsh era can't let go.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
            The constant ragging on Whitehead is just foolish. He's not a bad coach by any strech of the imagination. Maine is a good team who can beat anybody on any given night. I believe most Maine fans support their team and the coach. Unfortunately the few hangers on from the Walsh era can't let go.
            How come you got so many red chicklets Go ? You try to pizz peoples off or are ya just foolish ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
              What is it that you want him to do? Do you think that any other coach could turn this team or past teams around? We haven't had a lot of talent over the years which is probably due to Grant leaving. I'm not a huge Whitehead but like maineman said it's hard to recruit in Orono and most kids want to go to the boston area to showcase their talents. Blame the moron who extended his contract if you want to complain, would you turn down a 3 year extension?
              Dont necessarily agree its hard to recruit. Sure you wont get the city-sissy kids because its all they know. But there's plenty other good hawkey playerz to be had. The thing about all this useless incessant whining about the coach, there comes a time when you play with the hand ur dealt at the time....you dont fold ur hand and quit. Lets get on with it, eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                How come you got so many red chicklets Go ? You try to pizz peoples off or are ya just foolish ?
                I'm not real popular with the BC crowd

Comment

A Decade of Dominance

2001 2003 2004 2007 2008 2011

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
                    Sigh.

The negativity does get old. Every weekend the "fire timmayyyy" crowd is whining that Maine will come away with no points. It's not the truth. Just like the 4-1 Maine over BC game in Orono. Maine will probably pick up two points this weekend.

Bottom of the line is: Whitehead isn't a great coach, nor is he a bad coach. It is hard to recruit in Orono. The coaches get paid less, there is less funding and resources for the program than almost all consistently good college hockey schools. There is more parity in college hockey now than ever. Without a one of a kind coach like a Shawn Walsh, there is no way Maine can be as consistently good as they were in the past.

Firing Whitehead flat out is not a good idea unless there is a standout coach available to take his place. Another "decent" coach is not going to do any better in Orono.
                    I disagree, rationally. I see a good team on paper and its not performing up to its potential or expectations. Personally, I agree with ACS that a lot of it is on the boys, who can't see to motivate themselves to play 60 minutes. But its the coach's job to get the best out of his guys...support him, hate him, whatever, he is not getting the best out of the 2010-11 team.

And who gave you those crap azz excuses about salary and resources? Jack Cosgrove? This is hawkey not football. Maine's got plenty of resources and recruiting pull.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                      I disagree, rationally. I see a good team on paper and its not performing up to its potential or expectations. Personally, I agree with ACS that a lot of it is on the boys, who can't see to motivate themselves to play 60 minutes. But its the coach's job to get the best out of his guys...support him, hate him, whatever, he is not getting the best out of the 2010-11 team.

And who gave you those crap azz excuses about salary and resources? Jack Cosgrove? This is hawkey not football. Maine's got plenty of resources and recruiting pull.

Its very simple in sports if teams under achieve the coach is fired and replaced not given 3 year contract extension. I am very worried many of my fellow maine fans have come down with the timmy's wich is a chronic form of blamming everything but your self for why things aren't working out. It will also cause one to come up with many excuses while your underperforming at your work place. Side affects may occur such as chomping gum continuesly, clapping ur hands like a monkey out of a box over and over again, having ur team tune you out during time outs and pay more attention to the assistant coach. Timmy's is a very severe sickness and not to be taken lightly. Known cures are looking in the mirror and takeing accountability for ones actions, as well as looking at statistics and other evidence.
                      Last edited by MAINEhockeyFireWhitehead; 02-03-2011, 09:02 PM.
                      Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                        Best sandbag so far!!
                        thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
                          It's the only one you need to know.
                          I'm actually enjoying his posts. I can appreciate a good troll. And apparently, it's working.
                          Still waiting for the appearance of Jacques "Rabbit" Poriveau, or whatever his name is, in this thread, but of course, it is only February, not March.

Comment

I am a die hard life long maine hockey fan. I guess I am a troll because I want the coach who has run my team into the ground fired? I don't think its much to ask to be in the NCAA tourny just about every year. Do you? I have stated nothing but facts about whitehead look them up for your self.

I know many of you don't think a coaching change is needed. We can agree to disagree but this fan isn't settling for Maine Hockey to be mediocore at best. By posting here and venting my frustrations its helping me channel my real anger about this situation. I hope we go on a run and make the tourny. I just don't see this team putting a bunch of wins together expecialy this weekend. UNH is a very good team expecialy on their big ice surface. As a Maine fan I hope we win but not holding my breath. If we lose well I will say they didn't play good enough and give credit to UNH for winning. Whitehead will come up with some retread excuse he has used before.
                            Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                              I've been to NH plenty of times. Have you ever been north of Concord (over half of the state)? Rural NH is not much different from rural Maine. Ever been to the north country? Sure is a cultural meca!
                              I'm quite familiar with the North Country, and it hardly resembles the environment that Chute describes, or which she and her husband live. There is a big difference between saying that the North Country isn't a "cultural meca" (sic), and comparing it to the utter poverty which Chute experienced.

In fact, according to the 2010 Census report, NH has the highest median household income in the country. The primary reason is that NH also has the lowest poverty rate in the country, so there is a relatively small income disparity throughout the state, despite the downturn in the North Country lumber and paper business.

In any case, it's a huge exaggeration to say that "most" of NH is similar to the conditions and culture in which Chute lives and writes about.
                              113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Hey!! Now you're going too far.

This is NH. Concord and below is just northern Massachusetts.
                                Not according to the election results, generally speaking. Oddly, the southeast part of NH leans right, while the west and north country have swung left.
                                113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Working...
                                X