New Hampshire vs. Maine: Feb 4/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hampshire vs. Maine: Feb 4/5

Can't say how many are available but fyi, at 4:20pm ET bought a ticket to the Saturday night game on Ticketmaster. (yes, I double checked my receipt...not for Friday and not for the Women's day game. For Sat night.)

Comment

Originally posted by MAINEhockeyFireWhitehead View Post
      I can stick to hockey unlike the unh fans. All I need to say is how many titles has UNH won? GAME SET MATCH!
      Maybe you'd like to talk about this years games, like the one Maine choked away in December?
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I can stick to hockey unlike the unh fans. All I need to say is how many titles has UNH won? GAME SET MATCH!
        I'm beginning to think that this is the only fact you know about college hockey.
        Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
          I love it. I'm going to repost this after the weekend, and it will have a whole new meaning. Borat, the bandwagoneer. Maine sweeps.
          I'd hate to live in your house after this weekend.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
            Still waiting for that lucious UNH picture....I'm beginning to think the campus is fulla dawgs.
            It's a little old-ish, but I think it'll suffice.

Fornataro didn't really need the Hobey anyways
            A Decade of Dominance

2001 2003 2004 2007 2008 2011

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Maybe you'd like to talk about this years games, like the one Maine choked away in December?

What needs to be said maine chokes another lead late again under whitehead. The 2 goal leads are not good for us as history has prooven even when maine scores 2 early goals in a frozen 4 game its bad. Why you ask? Because this is when it becomes timmy time as he tells the players not to take any chances, don't hit anyone, just don't lose the game guys! By playing timmahs way its a loss. Hockey is a game agression is rewarded not the faint of heart like whitehead. But its the young team he has or the hot goalies they keep running into or bad traveling due to weather. Yawn
              Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

What needs to be said maine chokes another lead late again under whitehead. The 2 goal leads are not good for us as history has prooven even when maine scores 2 early goals in a frozen 4 game its bad. Why you ask? Because this is when it becomes timmy time as he tells the players not to take any chances, don't hit anyone, just don't lose the game guys! By playing timmahs way its a loss. Hockey is a game agression is rewarded not the faint of heart like whitehead. But its the young team he has or the hot goalies they keep running into or bad traveling due to weather. Yawn
                Yaughn indeed. This chit has been rehased a gazillion times by the internet nutcases. Its phkn old, real phkn old and tired. Nothing ever gets accomplished with such negativism. My guess is ur a fan of some other team here to feed the frenzy and unfortuneately those that should know better.........dont.
                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishWildcat View Post
                  It's a little old-ish, but I think it'll suffice.

Fornataro didn't really need the Hobey anyways
                  Nice mellons but I fear enhanced....not thats there anything wrong with that.

Comment

Yaughn indeed. This chit has been rehased a gazillion times by the internet nutcases. Its phkn old, real phkn old and tired. Nothing ever gets accomplished with such negativism. My guess is ur a fan of some other team here to feed the frenzy and unfortuneately those that should know better.........dont.

So its negative to tell the truth?
                    Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

Sigh.

The negativity does get old. Every weekend the "fire timmayyyy" crowd is whining that Maine will come away with no points. It's not the truth. Just like the 4-1 Maine over BC game in Orono. Maine will probably pick up two points this weekend.

Bottom of the line is: Whitehead isn't a great coach, nor is he a bad coach. It is hard to recruit in Orono. The coaches get paid less, there is less funding and resources for the program than almost all consistently good college hockey schools. There is more parity in college hockey now than ever. Without a one of a kind coach like a Shawn Walsh, there is no way Maine can be as consistently good as they were in the past.

Firing Whitehead flat out is not a good idea unless there is a standout coach available to take his place. Another "decent" coach is not going to do any better in Orono.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
                        Sigh.

The negativity does get old. Every weekend the "fire timmayyyy" crowd is whining that Maine will come away with no points. It's not the truth. Just like the 4-1 Maine over BC game in Orono. Maine will probably pick up two points this weekend.

Bottom of the line is: Whitehead isn't a great coach, nor is he a bad coach. It is hard to recruit in Orono. The coaches get paid less, there is less funding and resources for the program than almost all consistently good college hockey schools. There is more parity in college hockey now than ever. Without a one of a kind coach like a Shawn Walsh, there is no way Maine can be as consistently good as they were in the past.

Firing Whitehead flat out is not a good idea unless there is a standout coach available to take his place. Another "decent" coach is not going to do any better in Orono.

4 straight years of not makeing the NCAA's awsome doesnt that deserve a new contract extension? He got one for missing them 3 straight seasons last year. This is maine hockey you don't need a one of a kind coach to be an elite program. You just need a compitant one. Recruits who come to the alfond are more impressed with the atmosphere more than anything. Geting rid of whitehead woudln't hurt the program at all. Without any kids tied to Walsh Or Grant we are now seeing how good (or bad) whitehead is. Even when he had the horses to win it all it was his conservative style that costed us at least 2 national titles maybe even three. The musical goalies was awsome as to why he didn't start Morrison in the Title game? I am not sure most coaches would ride with the hot hand. Not timmy!
                        Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

I appreciate what you say Maineman about the negativity....it does get old and infantile when it fills up 12 pages on the thread.....however I also agree that we collge hockey fans love our respective teams, warts and all, for most of us.....this weekend in Durham is just awesome for us UNH alum....Maine-UNH on NESN will be great exposure for the school, and then Saturday you have the wpmen's team playing BU at 2; the gymnastic team taking on Michigan at 4, followed by UNH-Maine again....that's college sports at it's best for any college fan

Comment

Let me ask you this. What is it you are trying to accomplish here with all this, that hasnt already been hashed and rehashed ad nauseum ? And why are you not disputing the fact that you aren't a Maine fan?

Comment

• Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                              Let me ask you this. What is it you are trying to accomplish here with all this, that hasnt already been hashed and rehashed ad nauseum ? And why are you not disputing the fact that you aren't a Maine fan?
                              He did just nominate himself for the thread hall of fame. Brilliant.
                              Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

I am tired of seeing Tim Whitehead take down a program that so many men and women have put countless hours and years in building into a powerhouse. I am sick that the school extended him after last season. I love maine hockey and I am tired of watching whitehead ruin it!
                                Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

Working...
                                X