Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hampshire vs. Maine: Feb 4/5

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
    I hope Ouellette starts both games, I don't like when Whitehead pulls Ouellette or Sirman after a bad game..destroys their confidence IMO. So to choose one I hope its Ouellette.
    Oulette is a freshman and Sirman a soph, so would expect to see both until one clearly plays better than the other. Have only seen Oullette at Dec 10 game. Seemed to position himself well, but thought he left some juicy rebounds. Winning goal was a rebound, and think at least one other was as well. Probably not unexpected of first year 'tender, but one game does not a good sample make. To help alcon better enjoy the weekend, what are strengths/weaknesses of both? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 5IslandsWildcat View Post
      Oulette is a freshman and Sirman a soph, so would expect to see both until one clearly plays better than the other. Have only seen Oullette at Dec 10 game. Seemed to position himself well, but thought he left some juicy rebounds. Winning goal was a rebound, and think at least one other was as well. Probably not unexpected of first year 'tender, but one game does not a good sample make. To help alcon better enjoy the weekend, what are strengths/weaknesses of both? Thanks!
      The winning goal wasn't a rebound, it got deflected by a defender out to the wing for the shot

EDIT: actually, it was a centering pass that got through due to a good backcheck:
      http://www.youtube.com/user/hockeyea...36/t_T1gbf89zs
      Last edited by WildShawn; 02-02-2011, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
        oh, and if you're going to bring youtube videos in:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvax5...eature=related (2:35 in)
        Don't forget about Keith "hovhoc1269" Johnson - http://www.perverted-justice.com/?archive=hovhoc1269

hovhoc1269 (8:29:58 PM): lol im 20
        jennajennajenna2004 (8:30:05 PM): lol
        hovhoc1269 (8:30:16 PM): **** ur pic looks older then 14
        hovhoc1269 (8:30:20 PM): you look good as hell
        jennajennajenna2004 (8:30:27 PM): lol thx.

How do you think Timmy managed to keep that one out of the papers?

Comment

Originally posted by Lake Whitt View Post
          Don't forget about Keith "hovhoc1269" Johnson - http://www.perverted-justice.com/?archive=hovhoc1269

hovhoc1269 (8:29:58 PM): lol im 20
          jennajennajenna2004 (8:30:05 PM): lol
          hovhoc1269 (8:30:16 PM): **** ur pic looks older then 14
          hovhoc1269 (8:30:20 PM): you look good as hell
          jennajennajenna2004 (8:30:27 PM): lol thx.

How do you think Timmy managed to keep that one out of the papers?
          Did he get named captain like (Hide your sister) Tanner('s in the) House?

Comment

Wow - what a bunch of maroons!

Anyway, I came here to sandbag as the originator suggested. UNH is only 5-3 since break, and their last win against a team with a winning record was ... at Alfond. Beating up on defenseless teams like Providence (three of those wins - sorry Jon) is great fun, but I'll believe the 'Cats have their mojo back if they can grab six points out of the next two weekends.

On an entirely unrelated note, I didn't get the Timmay/Thompson recruiting comment at all. Thompson is a New Hampshire kid, related to a former 'Cat, and always wanted to play here. Where was Timmay's opportunity to land him?

Thank you for the brief hockey interlude, you may now return to whatever you call those earlier exchanges.
            Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

(Hide your sister) Tanner('s in the) House?
              You've got to remember that this happened at the only club in Orono. This is a place where athlete's go to grope women and underage girls go to get groped by athletes. She 100% knew what she was doing.

I really wish I could make this game just to see the local fans for myself. I find it hard to believe that anyone could be worse than the Mass fans. I remember one lady yelling at us for saying "ref get off your knees you're blowing the game" around her kids. 30 seconds later they're joining in a "Wiiiilson, Fcuk You!" chant.
              Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
                I really wish I could make this game just to see the local fans for myself. I find it hard to believe that anyone could be worse than the Mass fans. I remember one lady yelling at us for saying "ref get off your knees you're blowing the game" around her kids. 30 seconds later they're joining in a "Wiiiilson, Fcuk You!" chant.
                UNH fans haven't made noise since '04 and the arena starts to empty out around 5 minutes left win or lose, you won't be missing much.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                  Wait, wait....I guess I'm confused here....its UHN ....whats that stand for ??
                  University of Hardware - Not

Duh.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
                    I hope Ouellette starts both games, I don't like when Whitehead pulls Ouellette or Sirman after a bad game..destroys their confidence IMO. So to choose one I hope its Ouellette.
                    It's an interesting scenerio. Not sure what they'll do.

With all the jokes on this forum, I mean no sarcasm behind this: UNH might be the best fragile team in college hockey right now. What I mean - I genuinely think they have the makeup for a good playoff push, but more than anyone else, they're a blown ACL away from taking a nosedive. In goal, Digi has been a rock. But it's February, and "Empty Net" has more playing time and has faced more shots in real games this year than his backup right now. Similarly, the Thompson, Sislo and DeSimone line might get my vote for the best line in college hockey this year, but those 3 alone account for 41.2% of the team's goals. For all anyone can guess, those 4 will be just fine the rest of the year, I'm just saying, outsiders perspective shows a lot of chips in the basket of 1 guy + 1 line.

Comment

Can't really disagree with that. They've been fortunate to keep the first line in tact all year and that DiGi (who still scares me) has stayed healthy, but it would have been nice to see Wyer get a game or two early on.... just in case....

Comment

not going to be a very good weekend for the bears. cats win easily as maine has no fight or goaltending. fri unh 5-2 sat 4-1! i'm in hopes to eat this post on sunday morning for breakfast! but i doubt it!

Comment

• Originally posted by DownEastblkbearfan View Post
                          not going to be a very good weekend for the bears. cats win easily as maine has no fight or goaltending. fri unh 5-2 sat 4-1! i'm in hopes to eat this post on sunday morning for breakfast! but i doubt it!
                          Best sandbag so far!!
                          Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                            Best sandbag so far!!
                            I don't think many Maine fans have a good feeling. Except for that Fire Whitehead idiot

Comment

It's nice to see this thread nearly back up to what it used to be.

Who is this MAINEhockeyFiretheZIt joker? I mean, I get what he's doing, but it's not even amusing anymore.

Fri: UNH 4-3 (OT)
                              Sat: UNH 5-2 (ENG)
                              I haven't been on here in a year...
                              Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Did he get named captain like (Hide your sister) Tanner('s in the) House?
                                Well apparently he has CLASS http://www.uscho.com/2011/02/03/lowe...nalists-named/
                                Don't see any wildpusssies on there.
                                Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Working...
                                X