X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hampshire vs. Maine: Feb 4/5

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
    brings a tear to the eye.
    does the team play in the post season as well as you write?
    Well, if I say yes, then I'm a liar and I'm arrogant. And if I say no, then I'm honest but insulting my writing. Where to go?

I guess there are a few issues with that next to last paragraph. Didn't develop that thought to its full potential, but I didn't want to make it look like I spent too much time on it.
    A Decade of Dominance

2001 2003 2004 2007 2008 2011

Comment

ummmm, how often did Orono get torched after Maine won anything?
      and what on god's green earth makes you think that the only difference is not the reporting in the papers and what the cops overlook?
      cocaine much?
      What are you talking about?

Comment

ummmm, how often did Orono get torched after Maine won anything?
        To be fair, Durham never got torched after UNH won anything either. You guys have been very clear about that point. Especially the gentleman who wants to fire The Zit
        A Decade of Dominance

Comment

Originally posted by IrishWildcat View Post
          To be fair, Durham never got torched after UNH won anything either. You guys have been very clear about that point. Especially the gentleman who wants to fire The Zit
          Yup, we just like to light stuff on fire when we lose
          UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

THE....

University of........................

No

Hardware

Maine has 2 what about you? ( mens icehockey national champs)
            Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

Maine fans set lots of fires after the 99 win, including driving a snowmobile into a bonfire, not sure what you meant there KIA

Comment

Originally posted by MAINEhockeyFireWhitehead View Post
                Maine has 26 what about you? ( NCAA violations)
                fyp

Comment

UNH the model of never winning the national title

the tradition continues..........

NO HARDWARE HAHAHAAHAHAAH
                  Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

For those of you here in the DC, there is a viewing party Saturday at Penn Quarter Sports Tavern at 7th and Indiana. Cool place, but mediocre food and a craptastic framed BU jersey signed by Jackie boy on the first floor near the kitchen.
                    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAINEhockeyFireWhitehead View Post
                      THE....

University of........................

No

Hardware

Maine has 2 what about you? ( mens icehockey national champs)
                      And today, Maine is 19th in the Pairwise rankings. Thank You.

Comment

Only 48 hours until the insults stop and the puck drops. Will be glad for both, but especially the latter. I love this rivalry.
                        In her 2007 ESPN article on the UNH-UMaine rivalry, Lauren Reynolds gave her recipe for a long and storied rivalry: “Take two talented and evenly matched programs, add passionate fan bases, sprinkle in a few thrilling games, and stir.” The 1999 championship game would be long forgotten if the programs had not remained so evenly matched. Over the last 25 games, UNH holds only a 14-11 edge, and Maine has won half of the last six. This year both have talented teams, obviously passionate fans, and Dec 10 was only the latest thrilling game.
                        I expect and look forward to a weekend of intense competition between two talented teams, both with a lot at stake. Whatever the outcomes, it should be a great weekend of very good hockey.
                        Last edited by 5IslandsWildcat; 02-02-2011, 06:26 PM.

Comment

yes and tonight just like every second of time on earth unh hAS NO MENS ICE HOCKEY NCAA NATIONAL TITLES TROPHIES HEHEHE

NO HARDWARE ! CLAP CLAP CLAP! NO HAEDWARE!

MAINE HAS TWO HOW ABOUT YOU?
                          Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                            Maine fans set lots of fires after the 99 win, including driving a snowmobile into a bonfire
                            No worse than what Whitehead has done: drive the Maine hockey program straight into a bonfire.
                            A Decade of Dominance

Comment

I remember going with some friends to the 2004 Hockey East Championships at the Garden. We saw maine play bu and won a hard fought close contest. We were hammered but were having a grand old time. Then the next game on the schedule UMASS vs UNH (university of no hardwarde). Unh fans before the game were yelling stuff like maine sucks or ur going down tomorow night. Then I said F u you old man I bet you die before you ever see UNH win a national title. He picks up his program and says see we got the hardware! A picture of a UNH player holding up the hockey east trophy LOL. Unimpressed ...... we were in the balcony lots of empty seats and close to unh fans for the entire 2nd and 3rd periods each of my self and my friends chanted "NO HARDWARE!! THEN BANGED a chair three times NO HARDWARE!!" Was like a european soccer like chant. The poor unh fans were gonna cry they can dish it out but can't take it back. Before the old man left I said I am sorry sir just a little drunk and he tryed to punch me LOL to funny!

I taunted the unh fans so much I didn't have a voice for the game vs UMASS the next day. UNH fans just don't get it they are laughed at by teams that have won a national title. BU fans even said to us Maine and BU can talk ***** because we have won somethin but UNH is nothing but a joke. Yup I agree and still do and to this day UNH still hasn't won a title for mens ice hockey a national one that is!
                              Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

True story: I quit a fraternity I was pledging (still not sure why I thought I wanted to do that...) the day of initiation so I could go to a Maine-UNH hockey game instead.

True story #2: We visited the UNH chapter of the fraternity and the sorority that came to party with us was much less attractive than than the ones that would come visit our house at UMaine. These girls were kind of chunky, like 160 pounds vs the 110-120 average at our party.

True story #3: There are plenty of rednecks in Maine (evidence, Paul LePage and his 38% of the votes). There are also plenty in New Hampshire (hello, Nascar)
                                Last edited by BassAle; 02-02-2011, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X