Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA Rankings Projections (Not to be confused with the definitive speculation thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Rankings Projections (Not to be confused with the definitive speculation thread)

Since it may be a while before Josh is able to start the annual thread. Here is my projection after this weekend's results.

East
    1- Oswego
    2- Elmira
    3- Utica
    4- Castleton St.
    5- Geneseo
    6- Manhattanville
    7- Hobart
    8- Plattsburgh
    9- Norwich
    10- Bowdoin
    11- Salem State
    12- Neumann
    13- Morrisville
    14- Fitchburg State
    15- Plymouth State

West
    1- St. Norbert
    2- Hamline
    3- Wis. Eau-Claire
    4- Adrian
    5- MSOE
    6- Wis. Superior
    7- Marian

First let's add all the current conference leaders to the AQ field.

ECAC East: Castleton
    ECAC NE: Curry
    MCHA: Adrian
    MIAC: Hamline
    NCHA: St. Norbert
    NESCAC: Bowdoin
    SUNYAC: Oswego

Next, we add the Pool B winner to the field which projects to be Elmira.

Lastly, we hand out the Pool C spots.

Teams under consideration are, in order: Utica, Geneseo, and Manhattanville for the East and Wis. Eau-Claire, MSOE, and Wis. Superior for the west.

The end result is

Pool C 1: Utica
    Pool C 2: Wis. Eau-Claire
    Pool C 3: Geneseo

Which forms a field of...

East
    1- Oswego
    2- Elmira
    3- Utica
    4- Castleton
    5- Geneseo
    6- Bowdoin
    7- Curry

West
    1- St. Norbert
    2- Hamline
    3- Wis. Eau-Claire
    4- Adrian

NCAA Play-ins
    Curry @ Elmira
    Bowdoin @ Utica
    Geneseo @ Castleton

NCAA Quarterfinals
    Adrian @ St. Norbert
    Wis. Eau-Claire @ Hamline
    Geneseo/Castleton @ Oswego
    Bowdoin/Utica @ Curry/Elmira

Re: NCAA Rankings Projections (Not to be confused with the definitive speculation thr

Another Norwich hater out there - we're still tied for for first in the ECAC East, ya know . Seriously, the NU Castleton game coming up is going to matter a lot.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Re: NCAA Rankings Projections (Not to be confused with the definitive speculation thr

THREE MASCAC teams ranked??
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
        Another Norwich hater out there - we're still tied for for first in the ECAC East, ya know . Seriously, the NU Castleton game coming up is going to matter a lot.
        Prof. Look @ the PWC. Norwich does not compare favorably with many teams. The need the AQ to make the tournament. Castleton may not.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          THREE MASCAC teams ranked??
          I was as shocked as you are. That said, I 100% guarentee it wont happen, even if the numbers say it should. Expect the committee to rank teams like Williams or Hamilton or Babson to help the higher up teams in criteria.

And yes, Norwich does not compare very well against many teams.

Comment

Some questions for you Matt.
            Mortal locks? Oswego and who else?
            If conference upsets, who gets bumped?
            Is it possible for a 6/5 split?
            And my favorite - Armageddon - none of the current first place teams wins. Who survives?
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

And my favorite - Armageddon - none of the current first place teams wins. Who survives?
              Barring an absolute collapse of epic proportions, Oswego has to be considered a lock. Even if they lose out they would probably still have a good shot.

Outside of them and maybe SNC, I don't think anyone can be considered safe at the moment.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

I hesitate to call anyone a lock at this point because of how many games are left, but barring a total meltdown by these teams I'll roll with the following.

Locks:
                Oswego
                St. Norbert

Elmira, Hamline, and Utica are both looking real good as well, but I wouldn't call them absolute locks at this point.

If every single favorite loses their tourny? It would be Oswego, St. Norbert, and a toss up between Hamline/Elmira.

6/5? Anything is possible but at this point I would say not likely.

Comment

Prof. Look @ the PWC. Norwich does not compare favorably with many teams. The need the AQ to make the tournament. Castleton may not.
                  I am very much aware of that - that's why the upcoming Castleton game is so important. I'd rather have the ECAC East Tournament at Kreitzberg than at Spartan Arena. (I don't want to be pelted with ice balls ) (The preceeding comment is an homage to hockeyfan77 )

Comment

I am very much aware of that - that's why the upcoming Castleton game is so important. I'd rather have the ECAC East Tournament at Kreitzberg than at Spartan Arena. (I don't want to be pelted with ice balls ) (The preceeding comment is an homage to hockeyfan77 )

Well CSC is coming to town this Friday so I will be on my best behavior this week...I may even have one of the students workers @ USM hit me with an ice ball just to make me feel at home!!! I will not say another word about CSC and the prospect of playing them in round one of the playoffs until Friday night after the game...

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
                      Well CSC is coming to town this Friday so I will be on my best behavior this week...I may even have one of the students workers @ USM hit me with an ice ball just to make me feel at home!!! I will not say another word about CSC and the prospect of playing them in round one of the playoffs until Friday night after the game...
                      Good luck with that - if you play them in the first round, it means they aren't in line to host the finals

Comment

Good luck with that - if you play them in the first round, it means they aren't in line to host the finals
                        Who knows, UNE has the same schedule as USM and is only 3 points behind. They might catch up!!!

Comment

Hast thou forgotten the playoffs of not two year's past??
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Hast thou forgotten the playoffs of not two year's past??
                            Never will. I'd still rather play UNE in the first round with a home final four on the line than play USM with a trip to the Diamond Run Mall on the line.

Comment

Amazing if those projections hold true. Did anyone even think they'd see an NCAA tourney without one of these three : Middlebury, Norwich, and Plattsburgh? When was the last time all three missed the tourney in the same year?

Comment

Working...
                              X