2011 Minnesota Offseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 Minnesota Offseason Thread

"Gophers assistant coach Grant Potulny said all rumors he is going to be next head coach at Lincoln of USHL are untrue."

"Potulny, an ex-Lincoln player: 'I have a wonderful job here. I am happy with my job.' He has been Gophers hockey assistant for two seasons."

http://twitter.com/RomanStrib

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
      From Charley Walters' column today in the Pioneer Press:

"Pssst: Don't be surprised if John Hill, the top assistant for the Gophers men's hockey team, departs soon."

http://m.twincities.com/twincities/d...VOazhv&src=cat
      Huh. The date on that must be wrong: should be 4-1.

Comment

Any speculation on who Hill's replacement will be?
        Originally posted by CavalryNate
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

I got an e-mail saying that season ticket packages for students are down to $99+service fees for next season, and you can start to order them in June. This is a significant improvement from past seasons, when ticket packages were $50 more, you couldn't order them until September or October, and they didn't do anything to let you know they were going on sale. This might be the first time I've seen Gopher hockey make changes for the better, instead of making the worst decisions I've ever seen. Maybe they'll even give students a sheet of tickets this year, instead of one stupid giant ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
            http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArti...&ATCLID=269485

One of the most respected assistant coaches in the nation, John Hill is entering his sixth year in his second stint as an assistant coach at the University of Minnesota in 2010-11.
            How will the Gophers ever recover, if the rumor is true that they will be losing such a highly respected coach?

I truly hope and pray that instead the Gophers somehow find a way to extend John Hill's contract, and give him the contract he deserves. A contract that will insure that John Hill's services as assistant coach with the Gophers are retained for many years to come.
            "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by socalsiouxfan View Post
              http://www.gophersports.com/viewarti...&atclid=269485

how will the gophers ever recover, if the rumor is true that they will be losing such a highly respected coach?

I truly hope and pray that instead the gophers somehow find a way to extend john hill's contract, and give him the contract he deserves. A contract that will insure that john hill's services as assistant coach with the gophers are retained for many years to come in the Big Ten
              :d
              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                According to a recent press report, it doesn't look like Hill is going anywhere except continuing as an asst. behind the Gopher bench next season. Unless of course Lucia's contract ext. contains the long awaited stipulation that Hill must be subjected to the "right shoe of fellowship" by the entire Gopher fanbase. That would definitely leave a mark.

Don Lucia said he just received a new draft of his proposed Gophers hockey coaching contract, but has not had a chance to study it. Rest assured, Lucia is going to get the contract. He also said John Hill will be back as an assistant coach next season...
                Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                I'm betting he picks ND. He seems smarter than Tony.
                I think Son plays for Daddy again.
                Last edited by HarleyMC; 06-06-2011, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                  According to a recent press report, it doesn't look like Hill is going anywhere except continuing as an asst. behind the Gopher bench next season. Unless of course Lucia's contract ext. contains the long awaited stipulation that Hill must be subjected to the "right shoe of fellowship" by the entire Gopher fanbase. That would definitely leave a mark.

I think Son plays for Daddy again.
                  Meh, just rhetoric for the press I bet...I can hope anyway.

We'll see July 2nd I guess.
                  Originally posted by CavalryNate
                  Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                  sigpic

Comment

First of all, it's Sid Hartman. Just saying.
                    Second of all, I'd wager the mythical dollars to donuts that tDon3 goes to Notre Dame.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      I'd wager the mythical dollars to donuts that tDon3 goes to Notre Dame.
                      According to The Hockey News draft choice guide Mario is not going to Minnesota.

Comment

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
                        According to The Hockey News draft choice guide Mario is not going to Minnesota.
                        Mario will play wherever his dad plans on coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          First of all, it's Sid Hartman. Just saying.
                          Second of all, I'd wager the mythical dollars to donuts that tDon3 goes to Notre Dame.

makes sense. he could demand a large salary, and coach one of two big fish in the league. I think the ND AD would be smart enough not to hire tDon's buddy Hill though

Comment

Originally posted by 7&7 View Post
                            Mario will play wherever his dad plans on coaching.
                            Heck if Doug Woogs son Steve can play at NMU, why cant Lucias son Mario play for MTU.

Comment

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
                              Heck if Doug Woogs son Steve can play at NMU, why cant Lucias son Mario play for MTU.
                              If only pigs could fly.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                If only pigs could fly.
                                They will when Mario plays his hockey in Hoton.

Comment

Working...
                                X