Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Quinnipiac & Princeton (2/4, 2/5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI & Union @ Quinnipiac & Princeton (2/4, 2/5)

Princeton has announced that only standing room tickets are still available for RPI. Have any brokers been posting tickets?

Comment

I'll be in Sect 107 Friday night at Quinny, which, by looking at the rink's map, should be where the RPI band is.
      Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Let's give this thread a bump, seeing that it is Friday.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by MondaleHall View Post
          Princeton has announced that only standing room tickets are still available for RPI. Have any brokers been posting tickets?
          I've got two extra available. Free for PU, $100/each for RPI fans.

Comment

Whatever happened to the RPI QU score thread from last night? Seemed like this board shut down about 10:30 and nothing got posted.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              Whatever happened to the RPI QU score thread from last night? Seemed like this board shut down about 10:30 and nothing got posted.
              There was a database crash at about that time. There is an announcement on the Forum Front page, but it's easy to overlook.
              Here is a link to the announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by TuteScrooge View Post
                There was a database crash at about that time. There is an announcement on the Forum Front page, but it's easy to overlook.
                Here is a link to the announcement.
                All my words of wisdom were in vain.

Comment

All my words of wisdom were in vain.
                  The tie never happened!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    The tie never happened!
                    I don't know why-but I actually felt relieved we got out of there with a tie. QU is a quality team, we lost our dependable goalie, we played without one of our top defensemen and without a gritty forward. We were outshot and out hustled for good parts of the game and we were on the road. Sure when we went up 3-1 I had dreams of another victory-but we have a habit of giving up some bad goals late in periods and an occassional defensive giveaway. I guess i felt anything was better than a loss last night.

Comment

I'll be down to Princeton for the game this afternoon, sitting with some family and friends in 102 row B. I'll have on a red RPI jersey and a (p)leather jacket if anyone wants to say hi.
                      APBWiki

Comment

I don't know why-but I actually felt relieved we got out of there with a tie. QU is a quality team, we lost our dependable goalie, we played without one of our top defensemen and without a gritty forward. We were outshot and out hustled for good parts of the game and we were on the road. Sure when we went up 3-1 I had dreams of another victory-but we have a habit of giving up some bad goals late in periods and an occassional defensive giveaway. I guess i felt anything was better than a loss last night.
                        That's a pretty good summary. Although it was a turnover at center ice that resulted in the tying goal, the more disconcerting part is that we were just outworked. For most of the game, and the third period in particular, we lost almost all of the battles along the boards. The breakout was also out of synch. It seemed as if every time we ended up with a forward with the puck facing the boards along the half wall. At that point all they could do was try to flip it out along the boards/glass and the Q defensemen were anticipating it. Oh well, it was still a point against a hard-working opponent on the road. Merriam also looked pretty good once he got his legs under him. Hopefully he'll turn in a strong effort down in NJ.

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                          I'll be down to Princeton for the game this afternoon, sitting with some family and friends in 102 row B. I'll have on a red RPI jersey and a (p)leather jacket if anyone wants to say hi.
                          GR-if you see this-mosey on over to section 124 where there will be several of us sitting-not far from the penalty box.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                            That's a pretty good summary. Although it was a turnover at center ice that resulted in the tying goal, the more disconcerting part is that we were just outworked. For most of the game, and the third period in particular, we lost almost all of the battles along the boards. The breakout was also out of synch. It seemed as if every time we ended up with a forward with the puck facing the boards along the half wall. At that point all they could do was try to flip it out along the boards/glass and the Q defensemen were anticipating it. Oh well, it was still a point against a hard-working opponent on the road. Merriam also looked pretty good once he got his legs under him. Hopefully he'll turn in a strong effort down in NJ.
                            As an unbiased observer at the game I thought RPI played very, very tentative hockey and committed the cardinal sin of sitting on a lead. They didn't play with any "urgency" last night and appeared very "slow". Your assessment is spot on as half the night their main play from the defensive zone was to dump the puck up along the boards.
                            I commented on the Q Pac thread that I thought the story of the game was the ice conditions and RPI's lack of adapting to it. Their passes were sloppy, soft and at times did not even reach who they were passing too. The ice appeared soft and snowed up and several players (Brutlag) in particular were falling all over the ice and left the ice to get skates worked on. the ice conditions at TD Bank have looked soft on several visits this year. I know it's not possible but i'm almost wondering it Pecknold doesn't turn up the thermostat to get softer ice so faster teams are more maneagable!!!
                            The play and turning point of the game was Polacek's great check on Yuri B which lead to a clean 2 on 1 break in. Had RPI scored there I think you would have won the game.

Any news on York's injury? That could be devastating if it is serious. He didn't look good leaving the ice favoring one leg.
                            SLU

Comment

Working...
                            X