Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yale @ RPI, Saturday, January 29th

It's the Big Red Freakout!
    RPI hosts ECAC leading, top ranked Yale... win one for the seniors!

Things to keep in mind:
    -after losing to Union, Yale will be really up for this game.
    -Yale won the first meeting, 4-2, scoring twice on the power play. (RPI: 9 penalties)
    -Yale held RPI to 17 shots on goal.

It should be quite a game, GO, RED!
    Last edited by fr joe; 01-28-2011, 11:53 PM.
    Here we come!

Re: Yale @ RPI, Saturday, January 29th

2010-11
    Thread-Starting Statistics:
    Code:
    Ralph Baer         6- 0- 2 14 points  .875
    fr joe             5- 1- 1 11 points  .786
    burgie12           3- 0- 0  6 points 1.000
    jericho            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    rpihockeyfan13     1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    engineerhockeyfan  1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    Waite21            0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    DrDemento          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    GRussinko          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 1- 0  0 points  .000

Cumulative 2003-4 - 2010-11 Thread-Starting Statistics
    Code:
    fr joe            21-24- 6 48 points  .471
    Ralph Baer        19-22- 7 45 points  .469
    engineerhockeyfan 15-18- 4 34 points  .459
    hockeyhound       11-13- 1 23 points  .460
    Red Cloud         11- 2- 1 23 points  .821
    GRussinko          7-13- 1 15 points  .357
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1 13 points  .500
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
    DrDemento          3-11- 3  9 points  .265
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0  8 points 1.000
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
    burgie12           3- 1- 0  6 points  .750
    jericho            3- 5- 0  6 points  .375
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    Waite21            1- 4- 1  3 points  .250
    berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    NYhockeyguy        1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    REDRocket          1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0  0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">

Alma Mater
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Can't help but think this will be a tight one. We have matched up well with Yale for the past 3 meetings only losing this year when we were put 2 mren down middle of the 3rd period. We obviously need to be on our game-this is a very good yale team and is not ranked number 1 for nothing. The Union game last night means very little-Yale would want to win this one for a gazillion other reasons already and will be fired up. The first period could be key. We cannot afford to come out slow and unsure against this team or they will murder us. We must keep this as a 5 on 5 game. If we take 9 penalties tonight-we will get burned. We are qa very good team-but Yale has shown all year they are one of the top teams. Go Red!!!
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Personaly, I think Yale wakes up this morning thinking, " crap, now we have to play RPI". RPI must play physical, tough and fast. That has been our formula for success this year. PP looks to be finding it's groove lately so Yale needs to stay out of the box. With Chase scoring the first goal last night that's 4 straight games he has scored the GWG. I don't know why but I thought Harry Z was much bigger than 5'11"....180. If scouts are going gaga over this kid then I assume the NHL wants to revert back to the "goonery" days of the 70's. Swinging your stick at the head area of the opposing goaltender? The kid's a train wreck out there. I was very disappointed in the attendance last night, a little over 2,600. I realize tonight's a sellout but 2,600? For what it's worth I thought the officiating was good last night. Sure, some calls were missed, but aren't they always. They let both teams play but kept the game from becoming "chippy".
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Can't help but think this will be a tight one. We have matched up well with Yale for the past 3 meetings only losing this year when we were put 2 mren down middle of the 3rd period. We obviously need to be on our game-this is a very good yale team and is not ranked number 1 for nothing. The Union game last night means very little-Yale would want to win this one for a gazillion other reasons already and will be fired up. The first period could be key. We cannot afford to come out slow and unsure against this team or they will murder us. We must keep this as a 5 on 5 game. If we take 9 penalties tonight-we will get burned. We are qa very good team-but Yale has shown all year they are one of the top teams. Go Red!!!
          I'm not sure we want a close game against Yale. In the last three that we played against them, we only lost the one close one. We need to get ahead and widen the lead as we did in the previous two games.
          We have the speed and toughness to keep them down, but if we stay close, they have the fire power to close us out.
          I just hope we come out the way we did against Dartmouth last Saturday.
          I will be in section 16 tonight.

LETS GO RED!!!!!!!!!!!
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            RPI must play physical, tough and fast. That has been our formula for success this year... I was very disappointed in the attendance last night, a little over 2,600. I realize tonight's a sellout but 2,600? For what it's worth I thought the officiating was good last night. Sure, some calls were missed, but aren't they always. They let both teams play but kept the game from becoming "chippy".
            Hey turk... I, too, was surprised by the size of the crowd last night. Wonder if the fan who goes once a weekend was planning to go to the Freakout instead?

ehf & DrD: yes!
            Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              Personaly, I think Yale wakes up this morning thinking, " crap, now we have to play RPI". RPI must play physical, tough and fast. That has been our formula for success this year. PP looks to be finding it's groove lately so Yale needs to stay out of the box. With Chase scoring the first goal last night that's 4 straight games he has scored the GWG. I don't know why but I thought Harry Z was much bigger than 5'11"....180. If scouts are going gaga over this kid then I assume the NHL wants to revert back to the "goonery" days of the 70's. Swinging your stick at the head area of the opposing goaltender? The kid's a train wreck out there. I was very disappointed in the attendance last night, a little over 2,600. I realize tonight's a sellout but 2,600? For what it's worth I thought the officiating was good last night. Sure, some calls were missed, but aren't they always. They let both teams play but kept the game from becoming "chippy".
              Harry Z. will make a living by being a Sean Avery pest type that can score. I feel he hurts his team far more than he does help it. A few shifts I would see him go to the bench screaming at himself and well going nuts. Hitting York in the head with the stick was a cheap goon like move. But hey some NHL team will pay him to be an enforcer/pest. More power to him if he can make a decent living doing that stuff.
              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                I'm not sure we want a close game against Yale. In the last three that we played against them, we only lost the one close one. We need to get ahead and widen the lead as we did in the previous two games.
                We have the speed and toughness to keep them down, but if we stay close, they have the fire power to close us out.

LETS GO RED!!!!!!!!!!!
                I just hope the coach coaches the way he did against Dartmouth (using the depth on the bench , keeping EVERYONE fresh) . Keeping the energy on the ice at all times , from the 1st period right through to the end of the game . If he uses Polacek and/or Polecak's line as much as he did lastnight , against the good teams such as Yale and even into the end of playoffs and perhaps into the regionals , we will get burnt , mark my words . Bench management is the most important recipe in winning championships , do we have that ? Time will tell , i hope so , we did last Saturday night . We had energy through all 3 periods ! Why?

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

LETS GO RED!!!!!!!!!!!
                  I disagree. I think we are the team that's used to close games, this year. Yale has lost by two 3-2 scores and 4-3. Keep in mind the 1st time these 2 teams played we were without; JFK,Lee,Malchuck & O'Grady.
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

RPI lines http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...910.pdf?id=956.

Burgdoerfer and Koudys in, Tinordi and Leboeuf out.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Interested View Post
                      I just hope the coach coaches the way he did against Dartmouth (using the depth on the bench , keeping EVERYONE fresh) . Keeping the energy on the ice at all times , from the 1st period right through to the end of the game . If he uses Polacek and/or Polecak's line as much as he did lastnight , against the good teams such as Yale and even into the end of playoffs and perhaps into the regionals , we will get burnt , mark my words . Bench management is the most important recipe in winning championships , do we have that ? Time will tell , i hope so , we did last Saturday night . We had energy through all 3 periods ! Why?
                      I agree. When Brown beat Yale, we played all four of our lines and the guys who usually don't play as much contributed a great deal in terms of beating Yale to the puck and just wearing down their defenders, who were a step slower than our speedy forwards. It'll take a great goaltending effort and plenty of offensive chances and possession. Rondeau is really an elite goalie, so you'll need as many chances as you can get- he robbed Brown of at least 2 or 3 more would-be goals.

Beating Yale will require an absolute team effort and will be hard to come by, but it's certainly possible. I think RPI has a very good chance if, as you say, they keep their best lines fresh and don't let Yale have too much rhythm or space to work with. Physical play distracts them, and Kearney is easily riled up if you finish your checks (he was a real whiny punk in Providence; even you guys, who seem to despise Harry Z, would have agreed that Harry was upstaged by him on that day). RPI seems to have given Yale fits the last couple years, and it's a Freak Out! game, so I would expect RPI to put forward their best effort. Yale will either be ****ed about yesterday's loss or will be still shell-shocked by it and will roll over. With Keith Allain coaching, I'd put money on the former. So good luck! You'll need it to beat these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        RPI lines http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...910.pdf?id=956.

Burgdoerfer and Koudys in, Tinordi and Leboeuf out.
                        To me, this is our #1 lineup right now. Scoring punch on all four lines even with the fourth line being more of a checking group. We haven't had this much depth at forward in a long, long, long time.

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                          To me, this is our #1 lineup right now. Scoring punch on all four lines even with the fourth line being more of a checking group. We haven't had this much depth at forward in a long, long, long time.
                          I like both line ups-in fact I like when all 3 freshman defensemen are playing. We have a lot more depth this year than in many years. I just hope everyone who is playing is 100% tonight-they will have to be to skate with Yale. I still think the key is how we come out in the very first 10 minutes. This really could be a good game.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Any reports on the alumni game?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Greetings from the catwalk. Tonight's gift for the fans in the attendance: Red winter gloves. They now match the hat I got against St. Lawrence a few years ago.
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Working...
                              X