Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEY HERE IT IS! Its the UNO season thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HEY HERE IT IS! Its the UNO season thread!

Suze - At the radio show he talked about a four hour layover in Minneapolis they were in for on Thursday. Not much complaining on his end. He stated that it is a tough trip to make and that Alaska was playing good hockey. Thinking anyone that makes the trip to Alaska would agree that it is not an easy trip....
    If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

I was impressed with the routines that the Wisconsin fans did during the starting lineups and after any goal they scored. Also, after Friday's game I was with a group that were the last people in the stands, except for a group of Wisconsin fans. They were swaying left to right and chanting something I couldn't make out.

I know that we are young to hockey, but I'm hoping some day UNO will have something that gets everyone in the house doing after goals, after games, etc. The fight song after the game is pretty cool after a victory, and hopefully we can develop more traditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
        We're all on the same team here, remember?
        Squabbling within the fanbase? Even when you're winning? Welcome to the WCHA!

And you lost your argument and credibility when you compared the end of a WCHA sweep to the end of a little league game.

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
        The fight song after the game is pretty cool after a victory, and hopefully we can develop more traditions.
        Just PLEASE do something original. tUMD has ripped off EVERYTHING from the Gophers, the last thing we need is you guys stealing the Ole! crap from Mansucko
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

SCSU - Ha! That's funny....I think we already ripped that off too! After the game, if they win, the players come out to the entrance to the Qwest and chant the UNO fight song as they jump up and down in a circle. The crowd gets around them and clap with them. It's a pretty cool sight to see. And with Blais being something like 24-8 at home in two years, it has happened many times recently!

Comment

Hey Everyone,

My girlfriend and I will be traveling out there for the Denver series next weekend. I have not attended any games at the Qwest Center. Any similarities between it and the Old building? The Old Auditorium was a blast when I was there for the 2002 Stampede.

Looking forward to meeting some of you and having a few Pre Game brewskies!
            Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
            www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
              How on God's green Earth did I convey any sort of sentiment about non-season tickets holders here in any way or that ANYBODY'S opinion's here are, for any reason, less important than anybody else's here? I'm totally lost there. You qualified the statement that the people you were talking to in your section were "(all long time season ticket holders like myself)"
              Like being a season ticket holder mattered.

The statement "I'm a better fan than you crap needs to end. It's bad for the program." has me scratching my head wondering what you are talking about, because, I don't have a clue where that's coming from.
              [B][COLOR="red"]It's been that way for quit a while now. You perhaps haven't been around to witness it between here, mavpuck and mavmania but I'm not the only one with that experience. And there's at least one person from Omaha that has had the expression "I'm a better fan than you" in the spot where you have written Jesus saves etc You don't even know me, yet you profess to somehow know what I am thinking, nope or, somehow think that I have some opinion about you, nope personally, which I don't, since, I don't know you just like you don't know me.

I make, nor made, any assertions that I am better fan than any other Mav fan whatsoever. I don't have any reason to feel that way, nor do I. As far as I am concerned, any Mav fan is a friend of mine. That's good to hear, reps for that

For the life of me, I have no idea what your ability or inability to buy a ticket or afford parking has to do with this discourse, either. I was refering to supporting the program in spite of tough financial times. This is the UNO season thread, did you want to talk about UNO hockey on a different thread?

I don't have any animosity towards you since I have no reason or basis to have any. I really don't understand all the vitriol directed my way here at at all. OK, and I don't understand it coming my way either.

This is a forum where people express their opinions. That's what I was doing, as were you LOL I still make no apologies for any opinion I've expressed here and, as I said, previously, we are obviously going to have to agree to disagree about the original topic matter here.
              Which was UNO hockey 2010-2011
              UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Originally posted by MavRick View Post
                Indeed, the UNO students have taken up the habit of yelling "you suck" at random intervals. It is coarse, it is stupid, it is nothing I want my 9 and 4 year old to emulate, and it's poor cheering (it's also *so* CCHA). Of the things I heard at QCO over the weekend, this is much more disappointing than the clip from UHF.
                Give them a cowbell and some redbull, they'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
                  Hey Everyone,

My girlfriend and I will be traveling out there for the Denver series next weekend. I have not attended any games at the Qwest Center. Any similarities between it and the Old building? The Old Auditorium was a blast when I was there for the 2002 Stampede.

"Welcome to Omaha" = Out loud; "Is your girlfriend cute?" = Silent thought...

Seriously, welcome back to Omaha. Pre-game at DJ's Dugout or Farrell's.

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
                    Hey Everyone,

IMO there is nothing similar between Qwest Center and the old Civic. Qwest Center is just nicer in every facet. The only thing that was never better at Qwest was the atmosphere but after last weekend that may be a changing. If UNO can hold serve at UAA, the DU series will be insane.

Comment

Dubbie -
                      We've gone corporate since you last came! I agree with LincolnMav - the atmosphere isn't anywhere near what it was at the Civic. When I think of some of the loudest games in UNO history, I would think the top 5 come from games at the Civic. But as LMav said, it could be changing. The Qwest can get loud when the crowd gets into it, assuming the crowd knows WHEN to get into it. Usually it takes somebody running the scoreboard to put up a sign "Make Some Noise" before the crowd understands the importance of that segment of the game. The hockey regulars get it, I think, but when we get 13,000 plus in there, many of them are there for the beer and have never seen a hockey game.

The Qwest has many upsides for sure. Hope you enjoy your trip back to the Big O!

Comment

Originally posted by LincolnMav View Post
                        IMO there is nothing similar between Qwest Center and the old Civic. Qwest Center is just nicer in every facet. The only thing that was never better at Qwest was the atmosphere but after last weekend that may be a changing. If UNO can hold serve at UAA, the DU series will be insane.
                        I'm looking forward to it. I have had thoughts of breaking out the infamous toga from the Michigan Tech, Anchorage and other big games/trips. Not sure if I will do that.

So which is better? DJs Dugout or Farrell's?

Should be a good series, UNO has impressed me heavily this season.
                        Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                        www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

IMO DJs is pretty sweet. There are big screen TVs around every corner you look, the atmosphere is perfect pre-or-post game. The food is pretty good. You can look out on the streets as the entire north side is all windows. I would highly recommend it, again, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
                            IMO DJs is pretty sweet. There are big screen TVs around every corner you look, the atmosphere is perfect pre-or-post game. The food is pretty good. You can look out on the streets as the entire north side is all windows. I would highly recommend it, again, in my opinion.
                            Looks like we have a winner for Friday night. Maybe Farrell's on Saturday night when I bring my parents up from Kansas

RIP Butch

sigpic
                            www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              Squabbling within the fanbase? Even when you're winning? Welcome to the WCHA!

And you lost your argument and credibility when you compared the end of a WCHA sweep to the end of a little league game.

Just PLEASE do something original. tUMD has ripped off EVERYTHING from the Gophers, the last thing we need is you guys stealing the Ole! crap from Mansucko
                              Well I thought the b-e-m-i-d-g-i-,,,,, gooooooo beavers sounds kind of familiar. Actually UNO has stolen the little jingle from michigan where they make a little melodious noise and yell GO BLUE, now it's GO MAVS. I can live without it and the ole crap too. We have a fight song and it seems the only ones who know the words are the players. LOL

Comment

wow what a huge missed opportunity last night. This is going to be a crazy ending.

Comment

Working...
                                X