Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEY HERE IT IS! Its the UNO season thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HEY HERE IT IS! Its the UNO season thread!

I'm not a huge fan of Union Sports Bar honestly, but I've heard good things about Goodnights. I also first saw the Foundation on Yelp and decided to go after that. I always go out there after games now. It's common to see some fellow Mav fans there afterword, but I'm sure they'd welcome anyone in!

Comment

My immediate picks would be DJ's Dugout or Goodnights if you want to stay in walking distance of the arena.

If you don't mind driving or taking a cab or something - you can't go wrong with the Upstream, Rock Bottom, or the Foundation which are tightly compact in a 4-block radius a couple miles south of the arena.
      UNLEASH THE FURY!

Comment

Is it really a couple miles from the Q to the Upstream? That seems like a walk I've done a number of times and never seeed like it was that far.
        UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

The Foundation is probably the furthest from Qwest, and it's only a one mile walk, it's not terrible at all. Nothing is too far.

Comment

Plus, the weather is cooperating this weekend. High 30's-40's all around. My bet is that Upstream is less than 1/2 mile. (Edit: .7 mile according to Google Maps http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...9&ie=UTF8&z=16

Comment

Ticketmaster at 1:30 P.M reporting 50 scattered single seats left in the lower bowl and 972 upstairs:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/06...4&minorcatid=9

Further, a posting on the UNO Athletic Department Facebook page announces that anybody turned away at the gate tonight, if they walk up, will be given 4 tickets to each of the Mavericks remaining regular season home games. A problem they are obviously dying to have.

Comment

Friggin awesome game last night. Terrific vocal crowd and a big big big win!! There were more than a few shocked people around me when that St. Cloud/Duluth score popped up. This is going to be one crazy *** finish. I LOVE THE WCHA! Lets break out the brooms tonight! GO MAVS!

Comment

I can't believe they played the "We don't need no stinking Badgers" video (which is above, in this thread) during the game, on the scoreboard.

My apologies to Badger fan about that. These was a lot of "Yeah, they need to play that tonight" talk on Mavpuck about it and I discounted it because I thought they wouldn't consider any such a thing. I hate the opposition as much as anybody else, but, I thought it was in very poor taste and pretty disrespectful if you ask me.

I was further horrified as I thought it might incite Wisconsin to knuckle down and play better. Nothing like giving your opponent bulletin board material during the game.

Oddly, it seemed to have completely the opposite effect, though. Still thought it was bush. I think it's O.K. here, you just don't diss your opponent to their face in that manner. Particularly when there is no comparison whatsoever between the history of their program and ours. It'll be quite a long time before they stop farting in our general direction in that regard.
                  Last edited by Red Cows; 02-12-2011, 11:17 AM.

Comment

It's a video that says "We don't need no stinking badgers". It was from a comedy movie and wasn't that bad. You should see soccer hooligans if you want to see dissing, or even the Huskers football team, the type of shirts and what not people were making with the longhorns stuff back around the Texas game. There is also worse on NHL games, these types of things are common.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                      I can't believe they played the "We don't need no stinking Badgers" video (which is above, in this thread) during the game, on the scoreboard.

My apologies to Badger fan about that. These was a lot of "Yeah, they need to play that tonight" talk on Mavpuck about it and I discounted it because I thought they wouldn't consider any such a thing. I hate the opposition as much as anybody else, but, I thought it was in very poor taste and pretty disrespectful if you ask me.

I was further horrified as I thought it might incite Wisconsin to knuckle down and play better. Nothing like giving your opponent bulletin board material during the game.

Oddly, it seemed to have completely the opposite effect, though. Still thought it was bush. I think it's O.K. here, you just don't diss your opponent to their face in that manner. Particularly when there is no comparison whatsoever between the history of their program and ours. It'll be quite a long time before they stop farting in our general direction in that regard.

Seriously? I thought it was hilarious. If the Badgers want to put a video together with a hayseed banging on a cowbell, that would likely be funny as well. It's not like anyone was attacking their character, them personally, their parents, etc. This post needs to be followed with a video clip: Sgt. Hulka in the movie Stripes saying "Lighten up Francis".

See ya at the game tonight.

Comment

Badgers video = funny stuff
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Very nice sweep. The wedding should be aired on my big fat redneck wedding on CMT. I didn't care for it. Marriage proposals at the game are cool though.
                          Seemed kind of cheap of a couple of Wisc players to pick up the brooms and ditch them.
                          UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmm.................

Take a look at this:

http://thankyouterry.blogspot.com/20...mike-kemp.html

Interesting.

Funny thing, on both Friday and Saturday nights, watching the pregame skate arounds, I noticed that Wisconsin and UNO follow almost exactly identical routines, which is unusual. Almost every opposing team is unique in that regard in some way. I always make a point to be in the arena every game just so I can watch them. That got me wondering if we had Mike Kemp to thank for looking just like Wisconsin in that regard. Suppose that there is holdover year to year and Kemp just brought with him what he knew from there, whereupon he imparted it here, and Wisconsin still follows that routine? Just a thought.

Another thought I had watching Wisconsin this weekend was how much they looked very Mike Kemp in terms of style of play. Which is a style I hated so much that it was the reason I gave up my season tickets for a 3 year period until Trev Alberts came on the scene and hired Dean Blais. I have climbed back on board, obviously.

If Penn State actually does hire him they need to understand that he definitely has a ceiling as a coach and we all saw it here. After starting well, the program actually regressed over time under him. He definitely is no recruiter, either.

Comment

I'd really rather keep Mike Kemp here. Trev Alberts doesn't have a clue about hockey but I'm sure he listens well. Don't be surprised if Penn State doesn't come ofter Dean Blaise though. They can afford him.
                              UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
                                The wedding should be aired on my big fat redneck wedding on CMT.
                                That is the kind of crap that makes good video for the other team to show on their jumbotron. See...hayseed and cowbell comment upthread.

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
                                Seemed kind of cheap of a couple of Wisc players to pick up the brooms and ditch them.
                                Hey, those were ours. Keep your filthy Badger paws off of them!

See picture at MavPuck.com.

Comment

Working...
                                X