Can B.C. win D-I again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can B.C. win D-I again?

Will be tough...some interesting stats about the top teams (which may not bear any relevance)
    players born outside the US
    Union 17
    UND 12
    Yale 9
    B.U. 7
    B.C. 1
    Maine 10
    Miami 3
    Notre Dame 5
    Merrimack 14
    Wisconsin 3
    UNO 4

BC needs to recruit more foreign players!
    Last edited by trackjc; 01-27-2011, 05:05 PM. Reason: adds

Re: Can B.C. win D-I again?

So you're saying BC really is America's team?

Comment

I am a sad panda. This level of stupid thread numbers isn't supposed to be reached until March. It's only January.

Why, God, why?
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by trackjc View Post
        Will be tough...some interesting stats about the top teams (which may not bear any relevance)
        Union 17
        UND 12
        Yale 9
        B.U. 7
        B.C. 1
        Maine 10
        Miami 3
        Notre Dame 5
        Merrimack 14
        Wisconsin 3
        UNO 4

Now I'm confused... I was informed by some very wise men draped in maroon and gold that all UND players are 27 year old Canadians. But now you're telling me only 12 are?!?
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

And one of Yale's players is from California. That's not in the US either.

Comment

BC has a player from Arizona but at least they have borders unlike California. In two years BC may have 2 Canadians as McLeod is only a Freshman and Matheson will be coming in then. http://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=309727

Comment

Union 17
              UND 12
              Yale 9
              B.U. 7
              B.C. 1
              Maine 10
              Miami 3
              Notre Dame 5
              Merrimack 14
              Wisconsin 3
              UNO 4

Here is another interesting stat.

The number of ineligible players that are currently playing:
              Yale* 1
              Union 0
              BC 0
              BU 0
              North Dakota 0
              Denver 0
              Everyone else 0
              Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 01-27-2011, 06:10 PM. Reason: Forgot to asterisk Yale*... DUH.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                Here is another interesting stat.

The number of ineligible players that are currently playing:
                Yale 1
                Union 0
                BC 0
                BU 0
                North Dakota 0
                Denver 0
                Everyone else 0
                Yes, just blatantly disregard proven facts (the fact that Cahill has been proven eligible by the NCAA) in order to support your biases! This is America, after all!

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                  Yes, just blatantly disregard proven facts (the fact that Cahill has been proven eligible by the NCAA) in order to support your biases! This is America, after all!
                  Are you mad I didn't list Brown? Or mad that the NCAA is letting an ineligible player play for Yale*?

I know I know, OJ was innocent because juries are never wrong either.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Union 17
                    UND 12
                    Yale 9
                    B.U. 7
                    B.C. 1
                    Maine 10
                    Miami 3
                    Notre Dame 5
                    Merrimack 14
                    Wisconsin 3
                    UNO 4

Wait..what?
                    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                      Are you mad I didn't list Brown? Or mad that the NCAA is letting an ineligible player play for Yale*?

I know I know, OJ was innocent because juries are never wrong either.
                      Why would I be mad you didn't mention Brown? I'm commenting on your inability to comprehend that Cahill has been cleared by the NCAA, and unless you can provide counter evidence, I see no reason to believe otherwise.

Most people seem to want to indict Yale and Cahill simply because they don't want Yale to be good. But they are. Sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                        Why would I be mad you didn't mention Brown? I'm commenting on your inability to comprehend that Cahill has been cleared by the NCAA, and unless you can provide counter evidence, I see no reason to believe otherwise.

Most people seem to want to indict Yale and Cahill simply because they don't want Yale to be good. But they are. Sucks.
                        Yale* isnt worth the mention because they will be like USC football once they get sanctioned. Brown will win a banner before Yale* will. At least Brown will do it legitimately and won't have to cheat.
                        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                          Yale* isnt worth the mention because they will be like USC football once they get sanctioned. Brown will win a banner before Yale* will. At least Brown will do it legitimately and won't have to cheat.
                          Buddy...I'm a Brown fan too. Why do you seem to think I'm choosing Yale over Brown here?

The fact of the matter is that Yale hasn't been found guilty of cheating. They have checked and re-checked the situation with the NCAA, the Ivy League, and the ECAC, and he has been cleared on all three fronts. Objectively, he's good to go.

Do I want Yale to be better than Brown? No. But they are. And Cahill is an ELIGIBLE (and significant) part of that #1 team.

Comment

Does this remind anyone else of a really bad installment of the Chappelle Show skit "When Keepin' It Real Goes Wrong"?

I honestly expect someone to end their next post with "I don't like people playing on my phone."
                            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

umm this has to be a joke right?

Comment

Working...
                              X