Transition game for MSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transition game for MSU

How will they react? I'm feeling much better about them!
    Cubbies 4 ever

Re: Transition game for MSU

For the arrogant WCHAers, no, we're not talking about Mankato State.

Two things could happen. Well, three things, as indifference is an option also.

- Team could rally around their coach, play at a higher level, and finish strong so Comley leaves on the absolute highest note. Best case scenario.
    - Team could collectively say, "Screw you, duckface!" and totally give up on the season. If you're an NFL fan, the best example I can give you is Mike Holmgren in his "retirement" year with the Seahawks. The team could collectively think, "Well, you're not here mentally anymore. You don't want to be here anymore. You're playing the 'retirement' card for your own ego. I'm phoning it in for the rest of the season. If you don't want to be here, I don't want to be here." Clearly, the worst case scenario.

I thinking it'll be more of the first option than the second, mixed moreso with the "indifference" option. I could see us perhaps stealing a game or two more, either this week or at Ohio State, but overall I don't think it'll be a huge difference.
    Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
    66 - 86 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

I don't think it will make a big difference. Yeah, they might play with a little extra desperation but I honestly believe the team has been giving it their all so far. I can't imagine they can improve much from the effort standpoint.

I hope they just keep grinding and have a good finish.

Comment

Their future coach is watching. Phoning it in would be a huge mistake. It's a bad idea to display poor work ethic to a coach that'll have a little latitude for a couple years. Everyone should be trying to impress the next coach.
        Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency!

Comment

Originally posted by MCB View Post
          Their future coach is watching. Phoning it in would be a huge mistake. It's a bad idea to display poor work ethic to a coach that'll have a little latitude for a couple years. Everyone should be trying to impress the next coach.
          Lock it

Comment

Working...
          X