• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Now. Who is coming to East Lansing

Chris Chelios

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
      That said, you know it's lean times when women's basketball and men's tennis are the only two sports on this campus worth watching right now.
      FWIW, the men's tennis team only has 2 wins against Big Ten schools in the past 3 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
        FWIW, the men's tennis team only has 2 wins against Big Ten schools in the past 3 seasons.
        I'm sure he meant M. Tennis in jest.

Comment

Magic!!!!!!!
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Here is a wildcard name.....Ron Fogarty. A former DI assistant, proven recruiter and doing big things at Adrian College.

Comment

Originally posted by pierre maguire View Post
              Here is a wildcard name.....Ron Fogarty. A former DI assistant, proven recruiter and doing big things at Adrian College.
              Have You Ever Seen the Rain is a great song.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I'm going with Cole or Appert.

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
                  First problem with what your saying is that the extra cash may not be allowed to go towards hockey. Many donors ear mark donations to go towards specific programs. So the successfulness of the football team probably resulted in more donations going towards the football program and nothing else.

MSU would probably use that extra cash to either cut aid to the Athletic department or put it in other more needy departments around the school. Hockey is low on the priority list in times like this.
                  I wasn't talking about donations, I was referring to the Capital One Bowl money and the unexpected attendance and season ticket increases as a result of the great football season. No one can argue that the revenue will be higher than what was budgeted.

Who knows what the Michigan State Athletic Department might do with an unexpected surplus, but it seems to me to be a unique opportunity to shore up the third or fourth highest revenue sport at the school.
                  Last edited by dggoddard; 01-26-2011, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    This is what I was thinking. You can't tell me a place like Michigan State can't/won't spend "big bucks" on a hockey coach. What qualifies as big bucks for college hockey coaches anyway? 400K?
                    It's not that the $300 to 400K is a big salary for a head coach. It's the $150K assistants he'll now want as well the outcry from the other 25 MSU coaches who all want more for them and their assistants. For a big school, sometimes the extra constraints aren't worth it...

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                      It's not that the $300 to 400K is a big salary for a head coach. It's the $150K assistants he'll now want as well the outcry from the other 25 MSU coaches who all want more for them and their assistants. For a big school, sometimes the extra constraints aren't worth it...
                      FWIW Gwozdecky's current DU contract runs through 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                        FWIW Gwozdecky's current DU contract runs through 2014.
                        As does Coach Appert. I think Nate Leaman may have also been mentioned as a possibility, he is up in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyjunkie10 View Post
                          Interesting, though Gwoz seems to be the name most often thrown around for the Penn State job. Should be an interesting off-season in the coaching ranks...
                          Wading in late...

Which is now the #1 vacancy in D-I land - MSU or PSU? Do all the resumes that have been sent to Happy Valley suddenly get copied to East Lansing??
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Wading in late...

Which is now the #1 vacancy in D-I land - MSU or PSU? Do all the resumes that have been sent to Happy Valley suddenly get copied to East Lansing??
                            I think #1 would be MSU, given they already have a varsity team. PSU is definitely on the prowl and will shovel out the big bucks, but they don't start playing even independent until 2012. I don't know if the coach they hire in will want to coach the club team, unless he feels it will take a year for the players to become appropriately conditioned.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              I think #1 would be MSU, given they already have a varsity team. PSU is definitely on the prowl and will shovel out the big bucks, but they don't start playing even independent until 2012. I don't know if the coach they hire in will want to coach the club team, unless he feels it will take a year for the players to become appropriately conditioned.
                              Why would he ever consider coaching the club team?
                              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by pinch View Post
                                I'm going with Cole or Appert.
                                I think the job is signed, sealed and delivered to Danton Cole right now. He has program ties and he'll be dirt cheap.
                                Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                                66 - 86 - 07
                                59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                                59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Working...
                                X