X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Now. Who is coming to East Lansing

Originally posted by peanut View Post
    When do we find out?
    I'm going to be a smarty-pants and say April 5 (a Tuesday). OK we'll officially find out then. Rampant speculation will swirl around that guy a couple days before.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
      I'm going to be a smarty-pants and say April 5 (a Tuesday). OK we'll officially find out then. Rampant speculation will swirl around that guy a couple days before.
      OK Owsla, any idea who the leading candidate(s) is (are)? I read somewhere that the top three are Cole, Gwoz and Miller. Any chance the Hollis is still talking to others, or has this become the final group? If it's Gwoz nothing will happen until the end of DU's season, Miller isn't coaching so it could happen today, and of course I don't know if someone coaching the National group would wait until they're done or not..

Who are you pulling for? (everyone respond) Gwoz obviously would be a great grab....
      "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

I have no idea. The Athletic Department is doing an exceptional job keeping the info. tight.
        The guy I want - I don't think they can get in time to prevent a setback in the recruiting cycle. His full name starts and ends with the same letter.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
          OK Owsla, any idea who the leading candidate(s) is (are)? I read somewhere that the top three are Cole, Gwoz and Miller. Any chance the Hollis is still talking to others, or has this become the final group? If it's Gwoz nothing will happen until the end of DU's season, Miller isn't coaching so it could happen today, and of course I don't know if someone coaching the National group would wait until they're done or not..

Who are you pulling for? (everyone respond) Gwoz obviously would be a great grab....
          Don't think that Miller is actually a serious or viable candidate. Maybe he gets a mention, maybe he even talks to Hollis, but his coaching D-I hockey resume comes way short of actually meriting serious consideration.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Realistically, who do I want? Newell Brown.
            Realistically, who do I think we're going to get? Danton Cole.
            Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
            66 - 86 - 07
            59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
            59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

The RCMB board says that Hollis is set to announce the new coach next week. Anybody confirm (or deny) that a statement has come out from Hollis' office to that effect?
              "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

It was on Lisa Byington's Twitter, so it's probably legit.

I find the timing of both the Hollis-related news and the BTHC-related news to be peculiar. Perhaps I'm the only one.
                Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                66 - 86 - 07
                59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                  Anson Carter's remarks captured by Detroit Free Press article.
                  http://www.freep.com/article/2011030...|text|Sports|p
                  Nice article about a fellow Agincourt Collegiate Institute (Toronto) alum, although several years apart.

Coincidentally, our Lancers' colors were green and white as well.
                  Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                    It was on Lisa Byington's Twitter, so it's probably legit.

I find the timing of both the Hollis-related news and the BTHC-related news to be peculiar. Perhaps I'm the only one.
                    I don't believe in coincedence, do you?

Comment

The RCMB board says that Hollis is set to announce the new coach next week. Anybody confirm (or deny) that a statement has come out from Hollis' office to that effect?
                      Well if this is legitimate, I'm pretty sure we can rule out someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
                        Lansing State Journal is confirming announcement will come next week.

Comment

One of the papers reports that Mason has had quite a bit of contact with Hollis on this decision. He also picked Comley to replace him, so should he have that much say?

Comment

One of the papers reports that Mason has had quite a bit of contact with Hollis on this decision. He also picked Comley to replace him, so should he have that much say?
                            You mean the guy he picked that won one of three NCAA championships in school history?
                            Last edited by davyd83; 03-21-2011, 09:37 AM.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              You mean the guy he picked that won one of two NCAA championships in school history?
                              Don't you mean THREE?

1966 - Michigan State 6 Clarkson 1 (Amo Bessone)
                              1986 - Michigan State 6 Harvard 5 (Ron Mason)
                              2007 - Michigan State 3 Boston College 1 (Rick Comley)

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
                                Lansing State Journal is confirming announcement will come next week.
                                I wouldn't exactly call this confirmation:
                                http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/a...|GreenAndWhite

Not to mention Tim Staudt's column this morning kissing up to Kelly Miller and throwing Rennie under the bus ...
                                "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                                - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X