Now. Who is coming to East Lansing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Now. Who is coming to East Lansing

According to Denver Post, Gwozdecky not interested.

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_17255363

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post

I'm the first to say that you should always read these kinds of things with a grain of salt. However, I really think that Gwoz is using the press to negotiate an extension to his current contract. I'm not sure if I mentioned in my post regarding the UNO assistants, Rud who was an assistant at SCSU and is now coaching at Green Bay in the USHL. I agree that the best bet may come from the assistant arena rather than a former head coach. But it's out of my hands, other than voicing an opinion. ;-)
      "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post

Not surprising to me. He has laid down roots in Denver and is a mainstay in the community. Not much not to like about living in Denver. As I said way back in the beginning of this thread, he has the chance to become a legend like Murray with one or two more NCAA titles. He is already the 2nd greatest hockey coach at DU and his stamp is firmly on the program. He is in charge of the flagship sport at DU, something he wouldn't be at most other big time schools. Hockey is generally #3 behind football and hoops especially the Big Ten schools.
        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
          I'm the first to say that you should always read these kinds of things with a grain of salt. However, I really think that Gwoz is using the press to negotiate an extension to his current contract. I'm not sure if I mentioned in my post regarding the UNO assistants, Rud who was an assistant at SCSU and is now coaching at Green Bay in the USHL. I agree that the best bet may come from the assistant arena rather than a former head coach. But it's out of my hands, other than voicing an opinion. ;-)
          This seems to be the best place to get a replacement. Assistant in NCAA or Equivalent ranks. Or a head Coach from a junior team or high school from a wellrespected program. Preferably youngish , Blasi comes to mind as an example.
          Cubbies 4 ever

Comment

Comment

I'd reply, "Source?" but that would feel recursive.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                Not surprising to me. He has laid down roots in Denver and is a mainstay in the community. Not much not to like about living in Denver.
                Except when it's 20 below with a 40 below windchill
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                  I'd reply, "Source?" but that would feel recursive.

GFM
                  The dude's just intense.

Also the guy in the blue polo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    Here's John Markell's NCAA coaching record

I count 7 seasons with 20 wins, and 6 tourney appearances in 15 seasons. I also see 8 seasons under .500.
                    Christ then Craig Dahl is qualified for the job.

I count five 20 win seasons and one 30 win season. That along with 5 NCAA appearances and 9 seasons under .500 out of 18. CRAIG DAHL for COACH!!!!!
                    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                      Except when it's 20 below with a 40 below windchill
                      No that 's Grand Forks not Denver.....
                      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Craig Dahl? Where is he now tommyboy? I heard NY or someplace out east? And no, not what you're looking for Owsla... not at all.
                        "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                          The dude's just intense.
                          One night after a home game in his first season, I was interviewing Danton for a game recap. There was a team of mites waiting to go through the locker room and talk to the team. I don't remember why, but I said the three-letter variant of posterior and he shot me this icy look and said, "Watch your language." I don't think I said a foul word around him for six months, tender ears or no tender ears.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                            One night after a home game in his first season, I was interviewing Danton for a game recap. There was a team of mites waiting to go through the locker room and talk to the team. I don't remember why, but I said the three-letter variant of posterior and he shot me this icy look and said, "Watch your language." I don't think I said a foul word around him for six months, tender ears or no tender ears.

GFM
                            Kinda like RichRod around a Pop Warner team.

no wait ...

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                              No that 's Grand Forks not Denver.....
                              I wish that was the case, but this morning when i woke up it was -17 with a -37 wind chill.
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Least surprising news of the week alert:

Denver's George Gwozdecky is "not interested at all" in Michigan State job.
                                Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                                66 - 86 - 07
                                59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                                59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Working...
                                X